- N.M. Mahmoodi, Photodegradation of dyes using multiwalled
carbon nanotube and ferrous ion, J. Environ. Eng., 14 (2013)
- V.K. Gupta, R. Kumar, A. Nayak, T.A. Saleh, M.A. Barakat,
Adsorptive removal of dyes from aqueous solution onto carbon
nanotubes: a review, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 193–194 (2013)
- A. Salima, B. Benaouda, B. Noureddine, L. Duclaux, Application
of Ulva lactuca and Systoceira stricta algae-based activated
carbons to hazardous cationic dyes removal from industrial
effluents, Water Res., 47 (2013) 3375–3388.
- M.R. Gadekar, M.M. Ahammed, Coagulation/flocculation
process for dye removal using water treatment residuals:
modelling through artificial neural networks, Desal. Wat. Treat.,
57 (2016) 26392–26400.
- T. Ngulube, J.R. Gumbo, V. Masindi, A. Maity, An update on
synthetic dyes adsorption onto clay based minerals: a state-ofart
review, J. Environ. Manage., 191 (2017) 35–57.
- M. Vakili, M. Rafatullah, B. Salamatinia, A. Zuhairi, M.
Hakimi, K. Bing, Z. Gholami, P. Amouzgar, Application of
chitosan and its derivatives as adsorbents for dye removal
from water and wastewater: a review, Carbohydr. Polym., 113
- C.S. Oliveira, C. Airoldi, Pyridine derivative covalently bonded
on chitosan pendant chains for textile dye removal, Carbohydr.
Polym., 102 (2014) 38–46.
- T.A. Nguyen, R.S. Juang, Treatment of waters and wastewaters
containing sulfur dyes: a review, Chem. Eng. J., 219 (2013) 109–117.
- H. Karimi, M. Ghaedi, Application of artificial neural network
and genetic algorithm to modeling and optimization of removal
of methylene blue using activated carbon, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20
- M.A.M. Salleh, D.K. Mahmoud, W.A.W.A. Karim, A. Idris,
Cationic and anionic dye adsorption by agricultural solid
wastes: a comprehensive review, Desalination, 280 (2011) 1–13.
- S.-S. Mehdi, A. Khataee, S.W. Joo, Kinetics and equilibrium
studies of removal of an azo dye from aqueous solution by
adsorption onto scallop, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20 (2014) 610–615.
- C.R. Holkar, A.J. Jadhav, D.V. Pinjari, N.M. Mahamuni, A.B.
Pandit, A critical review on textile wastewater treatments:
possible approaches, J. Environ. Manage., 182 (2016)
- S. Xu, J. Chen, B. Wang, Y. Yang, Molecular surface area based
predictive models for the adsorption and diffusion of disperse
dyes in polylactic acid matrix, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 458 (2015)
- L. Wang, Application of activated carbon derived from “waste”
bamboo culms for the adsorption of azo disperse dye: kinetic,
equilibrium and thermodynamic studies, J. Environ. Manage.,
102 (2012) 79–87.
- S. Nethaji, A. Sivasamy, R.V. Kumar, A.B. Mandal, Preparation
of char from lotus seed biomass and the exploration of its dye
removal capacity through batch and column adsorption studies,
Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 20 (2013) 3670–3678.
- T. Ahmad, K. Ahmad, A. Ahad, M. Alam, Characterization of
water treatment sludge and its reuse as coagulant, J. Environ.
Manage., 182 (2016) 606–611.
- A.T. Nair, M.M. Ahammed, Coagulant recovery from water
treatment plant sludge and reuse in post-treatment of UASB
reactor effluent treating municipal wastewater, Environ. Sci.
Pollut. Res., 21 (2014) 10407–10418.
- T. Ahmad, K. Ahmad, M. Alam, Sustainable management of
water treatment sludge through 3’R’ concept, J. Cleaner Prod.,
124 (2016) 1–13.
- J. Jiao, J. Zhao, Y. Pei, Adsorption of Co(II) from aqueous
solutions by water treatment residuals, J. Environ. Sci. (China),
52 (2016) 232–239.
- W. Chu, Dye removal from textile dye wastewater using
recycled alum sludge, Water Res., 35 (2001) 3147–3152.
- A.O. Babatunde, Y.Q. Zhao, Constructive approaches toward
water treatment works sludge management: an international
review of beneficial reuses, Crit. Rev. Environ. Sci. Technol., 37
- P. Prakash, A.K. Sengupta, Selective coagulant recovery from
water treatment plant residuals using donnan membrane
process, Environ. Sci. Technol., 37 (2003) 4468–4474.
- N. Muisa, Z. Hoko, P. Chifamba, Impacts of alum residues from
Morton Jaffray Water Works on water quality and fish, Harare,
Zimbabwe, Phys. Chem. Earth, 36 (2011) 853–864.
- S.S. Moghaddam, A.R.M. Moghaddam, M. Arami, Response
surface optimization of acid red 119 dye from simulated
wastewater using Al based waterworks sludge and
polyaluminium chloride as coagulant, J. Environ. Manage., 92
- S.S. Moghaddam, A.M.R. Moghaddam, M. Arami, Coagulation/
flocculation process for dye removal using sludge from water
treatment plant: optimization through response surface
methodology, J. Hazard. Mater., 175 (2010) 651–657.
- K. Jung, M. Hwang, D. Park, K. Ahn, Comprehensive
reuse of drinking water treatment residuals in coagulation
and adsorption processes, J. Environ. Manage., 181 (2016)
- K.C. Makris, D. Sarkar, R. Datta, Aluminum-based drinkingwater
treatment residuals: a novel sorbent for perchlorate
removal, Environ. Pollut., 140 (2006) 9–12.
- W. Wang, C. Ma, Y. Zhang, S. Yang, Y. Shao, X. Wang, Phosphate
adsorption performance of a novel filter substrate made from
drinking water treatment residuals, J. Environ. Sci., 45 (2016)
- K.D. Quiñones, A. Hovsepyan, A. Oppong-Anane, J.C.J.
Bonzongo, Insights into the mechanisms of mercury sorption
onto aluminum based drinking water treatment residuals, J.
Hazard. Mater., 307 (2016) 184–192.
- Y. Wai, K. Ghyselbrecht, R.M. Santos, J.A. Martens, R. Swennen,
V. Cappuyns, B. Meesschaert, Adsorption of multi-heavy
metals onto water treatment residuals: sorption capacities and
applications, Chem. Eng. J., 200–202 (2012) 405–415.
- H. Soleimanifar, Y. Deng, L. Wu, D. Sarkar, Water treatment
residual (WTR)-coated wood mulch for alleviation of toxic
metals and phosphorus from polluted urban stormwater
runoff, Chemosphere, 154 (2016) 289–292.
- M.T. Uddin, M. Rukanuzzaman, M.M. Khan, M.A. Islam,
Adsorption of methylene blue from aqueous solution by
jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) leaf powder: a fixed-bed
column study, J. Environ. Manage., 90 (2009) 3443–3450.
- USEPA, Test Method 3050B: Acid Digestion of Sediments,
Sludges, and Soils, Hazard. Waste Test Methods/SW-846,
USEPA, 1996, pp. 1–12.
- A.A. Ahmad, B.H. Hameed, Fixed-bed adsorption of reactive
azo dye onto granular activated carbon prepared from waste, J.
Hazard. Mater., 175 (2010) 298–303.
- R. Han, Y. Wang, W. Zou, Y. Wang, J. Shi, Comparison of
linear and nonlinear analysis in estimating the Thomas model
parameters for methylene blue adsorption onto natural zeolite
in fixed-bed column, J. Hazard. Mater., 145 (2007) 331–335.
- S. Chen, Q. Yue, B. Gao, Q. Li, X. Xu, K. Fu, Adsorption of hexavalent
chromium from aqueous solution by modified corn stalk: a fixedbed
column study, Bioresour. Technol., 113 (2012) 114–120.
- A.M. Saatci, C.S. Oulman, The bed depth service time design
method for deep bed filtration, J. AWWA, 72
- Y. Zhang, Y. Jia, Fluoride adsorption onto amorphous
aluminum hydroxide: roles of the surface acetate anions, J.
Colloid Interface Sci., 483 (2016) 295–306.
- S. Goldberg, J.A. Davis, J.D. Hem, The Environmental Chemistry
of Aluminum, 2nd ed., CRC Publishers, 1996.
- Z. Alimohammadi, H. Younesi, N. Bahramifar, Batch and
column adsorption of reactive red 198 from textile industry
effluent by microporous activated carbon developed from
walnut shells, Waste Biomass Valorization, 7 (2016) 1255–1270.
- A. Hethnawi, N.N. Nassar, A.D. Manasrah, G. Vitale,
Polyethylenimine-functionalized pyroxene nanoparticles
embedded on diatomite for adsorptive removal of dye from
textile wastewater in a fixed-bed column, Chem. Eng. J., 320
- T. Zhou, W. Lu, L. Liu, H. Zhu, Y. Jiao, S. Zhang, R. Han,
Effective adsorption of light green anionic dye from solution by
CPB modified peanut in column mode, J. Mol. Liq., 211 (2015)
- C.H. Giles, T.H. MacEwan, S.N. Nakhwa, D. Smith, Studies
in adsorption. Part XI.* A system of classi$cation of solution
adsorption isotherms, and its use in diagnosis of adsorption
mechanisms and in measurement of specific surface areas of
solids, J. Chem. Soc., 0 (1960) 3973–3993.
- P. Liu, Y. Li, Q. Wen, C. Dong, G. Pan, Mechanism and kinetics
of aluminum dissolution during copper sorption by acidity
paddy soil in South China, J. Environ. Sci., 34 (2015) 100–106.
- Y. Zhang, M. Yang, X.-M. Dou, H. He, D.-S. Wang, Arsenate
adsorption on an Fe-Ce bimetal oxide adsorbent: role of surface
properties, Environ. Sci. Technol., 39 (2005) 7246–7253.
- S. Sadaf, H.N. Bhatti, S. Alia, K. Rehman, Removal of Indosol
Turquoise FBL dye from aqueous solution by bagasse, a low
cost agricultural waste: batch and column study, Desal. Wat.
Treat., 52 (2014) 184–198.
- T. Yadav, A.A. Mungray, A.K. Mungray, Effect of TiO2
nanoparticles on UASB biomass activity and dewatered sludge,
Environ. Technol., 38 (2017) 413–423.
- R. Han, D. Ding, Y. Xu, W. Zou, Y. Wang, Y. Li, L. Zou, Use of
rice husk for the adsorption of congo red from aqueous solution
in column mode, Bioresour. Technol., 99 (2008) 2938–2946.
- Y. Mao, Y. Guan, Q.K. Zheng, X.N. Feng, X.X. Wang, Adsorption
thermodynamic and kinetic of disperse dye on cotton fiber
modified with tolylene diisocyanate derivative, Cellulose, 18
- D. Sun, X. Zhang, Y. Wu, T. Liu, Kinetic mechanism of
competitive adsorption of disperse dye and anionic dye on fly
ash, Int. J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 10 (2013) 799–808.
- Y. Guan, Y. Mao, D. Wei, X. Wang, P. Zhu, Adsorption
thermodynamics and kinetics of disperse dye on poly
(p-phenylene benzobisoxazole) fiber pretreated with
polyphosphoric acid, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 30 (2013) 1810–1818.
- L. Wang, Removal of Disperse Red dye by bamboo-based
activated carbon: optimisation, kinetics and equilibrium,
Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 20 (2013) 4635–4646.
- S. Sadaf, H.N. Bhatti, Evaluation of peanut husk as a novel,
low cost biosorbent for the removal of Indosol Orange RSN
dye from aqueous solutions: batch and fixed bed studies, Clean
Technol. Environ. Policy, 16 (2014) 527–544.
- K.S. Bharathi, S.P.T. Ramesh, Fixed-bed column studies on
biosorption of crystal violet from aqueous solution by Citrullus
lanatus rind and Cyperus rotundus, Appl. Water Sci., 3 (2013)
- R. Han, Y. Wang, X. Zhao, Y. Wang, F. Xie, J. Cheng, M. Tang,
Adsorption of methylene blue by phoenix tree leaf powder in a
fixed-bed column: experiments and prediction of breakthrough
curves fixed-bed column: experiments and prediction,
Desalination, 245 (2009) 284–297.