- S.R. Taylor, S.M. McLennan, M.T. McCulloch, Geochemistry of
loess, continental crustal composition and crustal model ages,
Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 47 (1983) 1897–1905.
- C.D.F. Rogers, T.A. Dijkstra, I.J. Smalley, Hydroconsolidation
and subsidence of loess: studies from China, Russia, North
America and Europe: in memory of Jan Sajgalik, Eng. Geol., 37
- I.J. Smalley, I.F. Jefferson, T.A. Dijkstra, E. Derbyshire, Some
major events in the development of the scientific study of loess,
Earth Sci. Rev., 54 (2001) 5–18.
- H. Xiao, M. Wang, S. Sheng, Spatial evolution of URNCL and
response of ecological security: a case study on Foshan City,
Geol. Ecol. Landscapes, 1 (2017) 190–196.
- W.G. Holtz, J.W. Hilf, Settlement of Soil Foundations Due to
Saturation, Proc. 5th International Conference on Soil Mechanics
and Foundation Engineering, Paris, France, 1961, pp. 673–679.
- J.B. Burland, Some Aspects of the Mechanical Behavior of Partly
Saturated Soils, Moisture Equilibria and Moisture Changes in
Soils Beneath Covered Areas, Butterworths, Sydney, Australia,
1965, pp. 270–278.
- L. Barden, A. McGown, K. Collins, The collapse mechanism in
partly saturated soil, Eng. Geol., 7 (1973) 49–60.
- E.E. Alonso, A. Gens, A.A. Josa, Constitutive model for partially
saturated soils, Géotechnique, 40 (1990) 405–430.
- D.G. Fredlund, J.K.M. Gan, The collapse mechanism of a soil
subjected to one-dimensional loading and wetting, Genesis
Prop. Collap. Soils, 468 (1995) 173–205.
- J.D. Wang, T.F. Gu, A mechanism for loess self-load
collapsibility-saturated loess liquefaction caused by Earth
microtremors, Appl. Mech. Mater., 405–408 (2013) 541–547.
- J.D. Wang, Y. Ma, Q.Y. Guo, D. Chu, Influence of pressure and
water content on loess collapsibility of the Xixian New Area in
Shaanxi province, China, Earth Sci. Res. J., 21 (2017) 197–202.
- B.P. Wen, Y.J. Yan, Influence of structure on shear characteristics
of the unsaturated loess in Lanzhou, China, Eng. Geol., 168
- A.A. Al-Rawas, State-of-the-art-review of collapsible soils, Sci.
Technol. Special Rev., 5 (2000) 115–135.
- C.E. Zapata, W.N. Houston, S.L. Houston, K.D. Walsh, Soil–
water characteristic curve variability, Adv. Unsatur. Geotech.,
287 (2000) 84–124.
- S. Yang, J. Li, Y. Song, Application of surfactant Tween 80 to
enhance Fenton oxidation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
(PAHs) in soil pre-treated with Fenton reagents, Geol. Ecol.
Landscapes, 1 (2017) 197–204.
- G.H. Beckwith, L.A. Hansen, Identification and Characterization
of the Collapsing Alluvial Soils of the Western United States,
Foundation Engineering, Current Principles and Practices, Vol.
1, 2015, pp.143–160.
- A. Radan, M. Latifi, M. Moshtaghie, M. Ahmadi, M. Omidi,
Determining the sensitive conservative site in Kolah Ghazi
National Park, Iran, in order to management wildlife by using
GIS software, Environ. Ecosyst. Sci., 1 (2017) 13–15.
- P. Li, T. Li, S.K. Vanapalli, Influence of environmental factors on
the wetting front depth: a case study in the loess plateau, Eng.
Geol., 214 (2016) 1–10.
- L. Xu, M.R. Coop, M. Zhang, G. Wang, The mechanics
of a saturated silty loess and implications for landslides,
Eng. Geol., 236 (2017) 29–36. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.
- P.P. Sun, M.S. Zhang, L.F. Zhu, Q. Xue, W. Hu, Typical case
study of loess collapse and discussion on related problems,
Geol. Bull. China, 32 (2013) 847–851.
- S. Vazdani, G. Sabzghabaei, S. Dashti, M. Cheraghi, R. Alizadeh,
A. Hemmati, FMEA techniques used in environmental risk
assessment, Environ. Ecosyst. Sci., 1 (2017) 16–18.
- X.Y. Lei, The hazards of loess landslides in the southern
tableland of Jingyang County, Shaanxi and their relationship
with the channel water into fields, J. Eng. Geol., 3 (1995) 57–64.
- C.W. Ng, B. Wang, Y.K. Tung, Three-dimensional numerical
investigations of groundwater responses in an unsaturated
slope subjected to various rainfall patterns, Can. Geotech. J., 38
- A.C. Trandafir, R.C. Sidle, T. Gomi, T. Kamai, Monitored and
simulated variations in matric suction during rainfall in a
residual soil slope, Environ. Geol., 55 (2008) 951–961.
- P. Rajeev, D. Chan, J. Kodikara, Ground–atmosphere
interaction modelling for long-term prediction of soil moisture
and temperature, Can. Geotech. J., 49 (2012) 1059–1073.
- X.L. Wang, Y.P. Zhu, X.F. Huang, Field tests on deformation
property of self-weight collapsible loess with large thickness,
Int. J. Geomech., 14 (2014) 613–624.
- A.G. Li, Z.Q. Yue, L.G. Tham, C.F. Lee, K.T. Law, Fieldmonitored
variations of soil moisture and matric suction in a
saprolite slope, Can. Geotech. J., 42 (2005) 13–26.
- T.L. Zhan, G.Y. Li, W.G. Jiao, T. Wu, J.W. Lan, Y.M. Chen,
Field measurements of water storage capacity in a loess–gravel
capillary barrier cover using rainfall simulation tests, Can.
Geotech. J., 54 (2016) 1523–1536.
- H. Chen, M. Shao, Y. Li, The characteristics of soil water cycle
and water balance on steep grassland under natural and
simulated rainfall conditions in the Loess Plateau of China, J.
Hydrol., 360 (2008) 242–251.
- M. Bahmani, A. Noorzad, J. Hamedi, F. Sali, The role of Bacillus
pasteurii on the change of parameters of sands according
to temperature compresion and wind erosion resistance, J.
CleanWAS, 1 (2017) 1–5.
- H. Gvirtzman, E. Shalev, O. Dahan, Y.H. Hatzor, Large-scale
infiltration experiments into unsaturated stratified loess
sediments: monitoring and modeling, J. Hydrol., 349 (2008)
- X.B. Tu, A.K.L. Kwong, F.C. Dai, L.G. Tham, H. Min, Field
monitoring of rainfall infiltration in a loess slope and analysis
of failure mechanism of rainfall-induced landslides, Eng. Geol.,
105 (2009) 134–150.
- T.L. Zhan, C.W. Ng, D.G. Fredlund, Field study of rainfall
infiltration into a grassed unsaturated expansive soil slope,
Can. Geotech. J., 44 (2007) 392–408.
- D.K. Singh, T.B.S. Rajput, D.K. Singh, H.S. Sikarwar, R.N. Sahoo,
T. Ahmad, Simulation of soil wetting pattern with subsurface
drip irrigation from line source, Agric. Water Manage., 83 (2006)
- P. Li, S.K. Vanapalli, T.L. Li, Review of collapse triggering
mechanism of collapsible soils due to wetting, J. Rock Mech.
Geotech. Eng., 8 (2016) 256–274.
- C. Mi, Y. Shen, W.J. Mi, Y.F. Huang, Ship identification
algorithm based on 3D point cloud for automated ship loaders,
J. Coastal Res., 73 (2015) 28–34.
- W.L. Wun, G.K. Chua, S.Y. Chin, Effect of palm oil mill effluent
(pome) treatment by activated sludge, J. CleanWAS, 1 (2017) 6–9.
- D. Hillel, Soil and water: physical principles and processes, Q.
Rev. Biol., 36 (1971) 85–93.
- S.K. Vanapalli, D.G. Fredlund, D.E. Pufahl, The influence of soil
structure and stress history on the soil–water characteristics of
a compacted till, Géotechnique, 49 (1999) 143–159.