- T. Ahmad, K. Ahmad, M. Alam, Sustainable management of
water treatment sludge through 3“R” concept, J. Clean. Prod.,
124 (2016) 1–13.
- A.O. Babatunde, Y.Q. Zhao, Equilibrium and kinetic analysis
of phosphorus adsorption from aqueous solution using waste
alum sludge, J. Hazard. Mater., 184 (2010) 746–752.
- Y. Zhang, L. Yang, D. Wang, T. Zhang, Resource utilization
of water treatment residual sludge (WTRS): effective
defluoridation from aqueous solution, Desal. Wat. Treat., 55
- K.C. Makris, D. Sarkar, R. Datta, Aluminum-based drinkingwater
treatment residuals: a novel sorbent for perchlorate
removal, Environ. Pollut., 140 (2006) 9–12.
- Y. Zhao, C. Wang, L.A. Wendling, Y. Pei, Feasibility of using
drinking water treatment residuals as a novel chlorpyrifos
adsorbent, J. Agric. Food Chem., 61 (2013) 7446–7452.
- Y.S. Hu, Y.Q. Zhao, B. Sorohan, Removal of glyphosate from
aqueous environment by adsorption using water industrial
residual, Desalination, 271 (2011) 150–156.
- P. Punamiya, D. Sarkar, S. Rakshit, R. Datta, Effectiveness of
aluminum-based drinking water treatment residuals as a novel
sorbent to remove tetracyclines from aqueous medium, J.
Environ. Qual., 42 (2013) 1449–1459.
- S.S. Nielsen, L.R. Petersen, P. Kjeldsen, R. Jakobsen, Amendment
of arsenic and chromium polluted soil from wood preservation
by iron residues from water treatment, Chemosphere, 84 (2011)
- J.A. Ippolito, K.G. Scheckel, K.A. Barbarick, Selenium
adsorption to aluminum-based water treatment residuals, J.
Colloid Interface Sci., 338 (2009) 48–55.
- M. Silvetti, P. Castaldi, G. Garau, D. Demurtas, S. Deiana,
Sorption of cadmium(II) and zinc(II) from aqueous solution by
water treatment residuals at different pH values, Water Air Soil
Pollut., 226 (2015) 1–13.
- Y.F. Zhou, R.J. Haynes, Removal of Pb(II), Cr(III) and Cr(VI)
from aqueous solutions using alum-derived water treatment
sludge, Water Air Soil Pollut., 215 (2011) 631–643.
- P. Castaldi, M. Silvetti, G. Garau, D. Demurtas, S. Deiana,
Copper(II) and lead(II) removal from aqueous solution by
water treatment residues, J. Hazard. Mater., 283 (2015) 140–147.
- A. Hovsepyan, J.C.J. Bonzongo, Aluminum drinking water
treatment residuals (Al-WTRs) as sorbent for mercury:
implications for soil remediation, J. Hazard. Mater., 164 (2009)
- E.A. Elkhatib, M.L. Moharem, Immobilization of copper, lead,
and nickel in two arid soils amended with biosolids: effect of
drinking water treatment residuals, J. Soils Sediments, 15 (2015)
- R.S. Putra, S. Tanaka, Aluminum drinking water treatment
residuals (Al-WTRs) as an entrapping zone for lead in soil
by electrokinetic remediation, Sep. Purif. Technol., 79 (2011)
- S. Brown, B. Christensen, E. Lombi, M. McLaughlin, S. McGrath,
J. Colpaert, J. Vangronsveld, An inter-laboratory study to test
the ability of amendments to reduce the availability of Cd, Pb,
and Zn in situ, Environ. Pollut., 138 (2005) 34–45.
- C. Wang, H.-L. Jiang, N. Yuan, Y. Pei, Z. Yan, Tuning the
adsorptive properties of drinking water treatment residue
via oxygen-limited heat treatment for environmental recycle,
Chem. Eng. J., 284 (2016) 571–581.
- L. Yang, J. Wei, Z. Liu, J. Wang, D. Wang, Material prepared
from drinking waterworks sludge as adsorbent for ammonium
removal from wastewater, Appl. Surf. Sci., 330 (2015) 228–236.
- Z. Zhou, Y. Yang, X. Li, S. Ji, H. Zhang, S. Wang, Q. Zeng, X.
Han, The removal characteristics of natural organic matter
in the recycling of drinking water treatment sludge: role of
solubilized organics, Ultrason. Sonochem., 28 (2016) 259–268.
- M.J. Ribeiro, D.U. Tulyaganov, J.M.F. Ferreira, J. A. Labrincha,
Production of Al-rich sludge-containing ceramic bodies by
different shaping techniques, J. Mater. Process. Technol., 148
- J. Bae, N. Park, G. Kim, C.H. Lee, Y.-K. Park, J.-K. Jeon,
Characteristics of pellet-type adsorbents prepared from water
treatment sludge and their effect on trimethylamine removal,
Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31 (2014) 624–629.
- A.I. Khuri, S. Mukhopadhyay, Response surface methodology,
Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. Comput. Stat., 2 (2010) 128–149.
- M.A. Bezerra, R.E. Santelli, E.P. Oliveira, L.S. Villar, L.A.
Escaleira, Response surface methodology (RSM) as a tool for
optimization in analytical chemistry, Talanta, 76 (2008) 965–977.
- C.H. Wang, S.J. Gao, T.X. Wang, B.H. Tian, Y.S. Pei, Effectiveness
of sequential thermal and acid activation on phosphorus
removal by ferric and alum water treatment residuals, Chem.
Eng. J., 172 (2011) 885–891.
- G. Xu, J. Zou, G. Li, Ceramsite made with water and wastewater
sludge and its characteristics affected by SiO2 and Al2O3,
Environ. Sci. Technol., 42 (2008) 7417–7423.
- A. Violante, M. Pigna, Competitive sorption of arsenate and
phosphate on different clay minerals and soils, Soil Sci. Soc.
Am. J., 66 (2002) 1788–1796.
- A.O. Babatunde, Y.Q. Zhao, A.M. Burke, M.A. Morris, J.P.
Hanrahan, Characterization of aluminium-based water
treatment residual for potential phosphorus removal in
engineered wetlands, Environ. Pollut., 157 (2009) 2830–2836.
- C. Elangovan, K. Subramanian, Reuse of alum sludge in clay
brick manufacturing, Water Sci. Technol. Water Supply, 11
- E.A. Dayton, N.T. Basta, A method for determining the
phosphorus sorption capacity and amorphous aluminum
of aluminum-based drinking water treatment residuals, J.
Environ. Qual., 34 (2005) 1112–1118.
- S.R. Teixeira, G.T.A Santos, A.E. Souza, P. Alessio, S.A. Souza,
N.R. Souza, The effect of incorporation of a Brazilian water
treatment plant sludge on the properties of ceramic materials,
Appl. Clay Sci., 53 (2011) 561–565.
- D.U. Tulyaganov, S.M.H. Olhero, M.J. Ribeiro, J.M.F. Ferreira,
J.A. Labrincha, Mullite-alumina refractory ceramics obtained
from mixtures of natural common materials and recycled
Al-rich anodizing sludge, J. Mater. Synth. Process., 10 (2002)
- C. Vohla, M. Kõiv, H.J. Bavor, F. Chazarenc, Ü. Mander, Filter
materials for phosphorus removal from wastewater in treatment
wetlands-a review, Ecol. Eng., 37 (2011) 70–89.
- Y.Q. Zhao, A.O. Babatunde, X.H. Zhao, W.C. Li, Development
of alum sludge-based constructed wetland: an innovative and
cost effective system for wastewater treatment, J. Environ. Sci.
Health Part A, 44 (2009) 827–832.
- G. Limousin, J.P. Gaudet, L. Charlet, S. Szenknect, V. Barthès,
M. Krimissa, Sorption isotherms: a review on physical bases,
modeling and measurement, Appl. Geochem., 22 (2007)
- C. Wang, S. Gao, Y. Pei, Y.Q. Zhao, Use of drinking water
treatment residuals to control the internal phosphorus loading
from lake sediments: laboratory scale investigation, Chem. Eng.
J., 225 (2013) 93–99.