- P. Chand, A. Bafana, Y.B. Pakade, Xanthate modified apple
pomace as an adsorbent for removal of Cd (II), Ni (II) Pb (II),
and its application to real industrial wastewater, Inter. Biodet.
Biodeg., 97 (2015) 60–66.
- S.K.R. Yadanaparthi, D. Graybill, R. von Wruszka, Adsorbents
for the removal of arsenic, cadmium, lead from contaminated
waters, J. Hazard. Mater., 171 (2009) 1–15.
- M.P. Waalkes, Cadmium carcino genesis in review, J. Inorg.
Biochem., 79 (2000) 241–244.
- WHO, Air quality guidelines for europe, 2nd ed., WHO
Regional Publications, (2006).
- V.K. Gupta, C. Jain, I. Ali, M. Sharma, V. Saini, Removal of cadmium
nickel from wastewater using bagasse fly ash a sugar
industry waste, Water Res., 37 (2003) 4038–4044.
- A. Moubarik, N. Grimi, Valorization of olive stone sugar cane
bagasse by-products as biosorbents for the removal of cadmium
from aqueous solution, Food Res. Inter., 73 (2015) 169–175.
- F. Ghorbani, H. Younesi, S.M. Ghasempouri, A.A. Zinatizadeh,
M. Amini, A. Daneshi, Application of response surface
methodology for optimization of cadmium biosorption in an
aqueous solution by Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Chem. Eng. J.,
145 (2008) 267–275.
- A. Shahidi, N.J. Fallizi, A.J. Fallizi, Evaluation of the natural
adsorbent luffa cylindrical for the removal of cadmium (II)
from aqueous environments, J. Water Wastewater., 3 (2015)
51–61. (in Persian)
- V.K. Gupta, A. Nayak, Cadmium removal recovery from aqueous
solutions by novel adsorbents prepared from orange peel
Fe2O3 nanoparticles, Chem. Eng. J., 180 (2012) 81–90.
- H.A. Hegazi, Removal of heavy metals from wastewater using
agricultural industrial wastes as adsorbents, J. HBRC., 9 (2013)
- T.G. Ammari, Utilization of a natural ecosystem bio-waste;
leaves of Arundo donax reed, as a raw material of low-cost
eco-biosorbent for cadmium removal from aqueous phase,
Ecolo. Eng., 71 (2014) 466–473.
- X. Niu, L. Zheng. J. Zhou, Z. Dang, Z. Li, Synthesis of an adsorbent
from sugarcane bagass by graft copolymerization its utilization
to remove Cd (II) ions from aqueous solution, J. Ins.
Chem. Eng., 45 (2014) 2557–2564.
- M. Feizi, M. Jalali, Removal of heavy metals from aqueous
solutions using sunflower, potato, canola walnut shell residues,
J. Ins. Chem. Eng., 54 (2015) 125–136.
- E. Cheraghi, E. Ameri, A. Moheb, Continuous biosorption of Cd
(II) ions from aqueous solutions by sesame waste: thermodynamics
fixed-bed column studies, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2015) 1–14.
- Q. Cheng, Q. Huang, S. Khan, Y. Liu, Z. Liao, G. Li, Y.S. Ok,
Adsorption of Cd by peanut husks peanut husk biochar from
aqueous solutions, Ecol. Eng., 87 (2016) 240–245.
- E.D. Asuquo, A.D. Martin, Sorption of cadmium (II) ion from
aqueous solution onto sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) peel
adsorbent: Characterisation, kinetic isotherm studies, J. Environ.
Chem. Eng. J., 4 (2016) 4207–4228.
- M.M. Sekhula, J.O. Okonkwo, C.M. Zvinowa, N.N. Agyei, A.J.
Chaudhary, Fixed bed column adsorption of Cu (II) onto maize
tassel-PVA beads, J. Chem. Eng. Process Technol., 3 (2012).
- R. Malekian, J. Abedi-Koupai, S.S. Eslamian, S.F. Mousavi, K.C.
Abbaspour, M. Afyuni, Ion-exchange process for ammonium
removal release using natural Iranian zeolite, Appl. Clay Sci.,
51 (2011) 323–329.
- M. Ghasemi, M. Naushad, N. Ghasemi, Y. Khosravi-fard,
Adsorption of Pb (II) from aqueous solution using new adsorbents
prepared from agricultural waste: Adsorption isotherm
kinetic studies, J. Ind, Eng. Chem., 20 (2014) 2193–2199.
- M. Shirvani, H. Shariatmadari, M. Kalbasi, Kinetics of cadmium
desorption from fibrous silicate clay minerals: Influence
of organic ligs aging, Appl. Clay Sci., 37 (2007) 175–184.
- M. Abedi, M.H. Salmani, S.A. Mozaffari, Adsorption of Cd
ions from aqueous solutions by iron modified pomegranate
peel carbons: kinetic and thermodynamic studies, Int. J. Environ.
Sci. Technol., 13 (2016) 2045–2056.
- M. Ossman, M. Mansour, M. Fattah, N. Taha, Y. Kiros, Peanuts
shell talc powder for removal of hexavalent chromium from
aqueous solutions, Bulg. Chem. Comm., 3 (2014) 629–639.
- M. El-Sadaawy, O. Abdelwahab, Adsorptive removal of
nickel from aqueous solutions by activated carbons from
doum seed (Hyphaenethebaica) coat, Alexria Eng. J., 53
- B.S. Smolyakov, A.K. Sagidullin, A.L. Bychkov, I.O. Lomovsky
O.I. Lomovsky, Humic-modified natural and synthetic carbon
adsorbents for the removal of Cd (II) from aqueous solutions, J.
Environ. Chem. Eng., 3 (2015) 1939–1946.
- Z. Aksu, F. Gönen, Biosorption of phenol by immobilized activated
sludge in a continuous packed bed: prediction of breakthrough
curves, Process Biochem., 39 (2004) 599–613.
- G. Yan, T. Viraraghavan, Heavy metal removal in a biosorption
column by immobilized M. rouxii biomass, Bioresour. Technol.,
78 (2001) 243–249.
- J.P. Chen, J.T. Yoon, S. Yiacoumi, Effects of chemical physical
properties of influent on copper sorption onto activated carbon
fixed-bed columns, Carbon, 41 (2003) 1635–1644.
- P. Lodeiro, R. Herrero, M.S. De Vicente, Batch desorption
studies multiple sorption–regeneration cycles in a fixed-bed
column for Cd (II) elimination by protonated Sargassum muticum,
J. Hazard. Mater., 137 (2006) 1649–1655.
- B.Y. Chen, C.Y. Chen, W.Q. Guo, H.W. Chang, W.M. Chen, D.J.
Lee, J.S. Chang, Fixed-bed biosorption of cadmium using
immobilized Scenedesmus obliquus CNW-N cells on loofa
(Luffa cylindrica) sponge, Bioresour. Technol., 160 (2014) 175–
- S. Pilli, V.V. Goud, K. Mohanty, Biosorption of Cr (VI) on immobilized
Hydrilla verticillata in a continuous up-flow packed
bed: prediction of kinetic parameters breakthrough curves,
Desal. Water Treat., 50 (2012) 115–124.
- J. Cruz-Olivares, C. Perez-Alonso, C. Barrera-Diaz, F. Ureña-Nuñez, M.C. Chaparro-Mercad, B. Bilyeu, Modeling of lead
(II) biosorption by residue of allspice in a fixed-bed column,
Chem. Eng. J., 228 (2013) 21–27.
- A.P. Lim, A.Z. Aris, Continuous fixed-bed column study
adsorption modeling: Removal of cadmium (II) lead (II) ions
in aqueous solution by dead calcareous skeletons, BioChem.
Eng. J., 87 (2014) 50–61.
- Z. Xu, J.g. Cai, B.c. Pan, Mathematically modeling fixed-bed
adsorption in aqueous systems, J. Zhejiang University Sci.
Appl. Phys. Eng., 14 (2013) 155–176.
- F.H. Motamedi, N. Mouazed, A.J. Haghighifard, M. Amiri,
Investigation of kinetics and isotherms of cadmium adsorption
from aqueous solutions using nanoclay, J. Water Waste., 3
(2014) 118–126. (in Persian)
- F.Y. Wang, H. Wang, J.W. Ma, Adsorption of cadmium (II) ions
from aqueous solution by a new low-cost adsorbent bamboo
charcoal, J. Hazard. Mater., 177 (2010) 300–306.
- A. Keshtkar, H. Dastehbashi, M.G. Turkabad, M.A. Mousavi,
Investigating the effect of concentration and inflow rate of
fixed-bed column on the bio-adsorption of nickel by Cystoseira indica-induced brown algae and modeling the experimental
results, Ir. J. Health. Environ., 6 (2013) 417–430. (in Persian)
- M. Shamsuddin, M.N. Zarandi, M. Fazli, K.L. Haghbin,
Removal of strontium (II) from aqueous solutions through
adsorption surface method by exogel derived from TEOS: A
review of a batch system and fixed bed column, Sci. Res. J.
Appl. Chem., 9 (2014) 35–50. (in Persian)
- S.S. Baral, N. Das, T.S. Ramulu, S.K. Sahoo, S.N. Das, G.R.
Chaudhury, Removal of Cr(VI) by thermally activated weed
Salvinia cucullata in a fixed-bed column, J. Hazard. Mater., 161
- M. Farasati, Evaluation of the effects of straw and sugarcane
straw nano-structure on nitrate removal from contaminated
water, PhD thesis. Irrigation and Drainage. Shahid Chamran
Uni, Ahwaz., 2011. (in Persian)
- M.H. Ehrampoush, H. Masoudi, A.H. Mahvi, M.H. Salmani,
Prevalent kinetic model for Cd (II) adsorption from aqueous
solution on barley straw, Fresenius Environ. Bull., 22 (2013)
- K.S. Rao, S. Anand, P. Venkateswarlu, Modeling the kinetics
of Cd (II) adsorption on Syzygium cumini L leaf powder in a
fixed bed mini column, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 17 (2011) 174–181.
- J. Nwabanne, P. Igbokwe, Adsorption performance of packed
bed column for the removal of lead (II) using oil palm fiber,
Inter. J. Appl. Sci. Technol., 2 (2012) 106–115.