- M. Karnib, A. Kabbani, H. Holail, Z. Olama, Heavy metals
removal using activated carbon, silica and silica activated carbon
composite, Enrgy. Proced., 50 (2014) 113–120.
- M. Barakat, New trends in removing heavy metals from industrial
wastewater, Arab. J. Chem., 4 (2011) 361–377.
- J. Shou, M. Qiu, Adsorption of copper ions onto activated carbon
from capsicum straw, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 353–
- S. Veli, B. Alyüz, Adsorption of copper and zinc from aqueous
solutions by using natural clay, J. Hazard. Mater., 149 (2007)
- O.E.A. Salam, N.A. Reiad, M.M. ElShafei, A study of the
removal characteristics of heavy metals from wastewater by
low-cost adsorbents, J. Adv. Res., 2 (2011) 297–303.
- M.M. Shahata, Adsorption of some heavy metal ions by used
different immobilized substances on silica gel, Arab. J. Chem.,
9 (2016) 755–763.
- G. Crini, Non-conventional low-cost adsorbents for dye
removal: a review, Biores. Technol., 97 (2006) 1061–1085.
- M. Yari, M. Norouzi, A.H. Mahvi, M. Rajabi, A. Yari, O. Moradi,
I. Tyagi, V.K. Gupta, Removal of Pb (II) ion from aqueous solution
by graphene oxide and functionalized graphene oxidethiol:
effect of cysteamine concentration on the bonding
constant, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 11195–11210.
- S. Peng, H. Meng, Y. Ouyang, J. Chang, Nanoporous magnetic
cellulose–chitosan composite microspheres: preparation,
characterization, and application for Cu (II) adsorption, Ind.
Eng. Chem. Res., 53 (2014) 2106–2113.
- L. Li, C. Luo, X. Li, H. Duan, X. Wang, Preparation of magnetic
ionic liquid/chitosan/graphene oxide composite and application
for water treatment, Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 66 (2014) 172–
- I. Sheet, A. Kabbani, H. Holail, Removal of heavy metals using
nanostructured graphite oxide, silica nanoparticles and silica/
graphite oxide composite, Enrgy. Proced., 50 (2014) 130–138.
- L. Xu, J. Li, M. Zhang, Adsorption characteristics of a novel
carbon-nanotube-based composite adsorbent toward organic
pollutants, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 54 (2015) 2379–2384.
- N. Saeidi, M. Parvini, Z. Niavarani, High surface area and
mesoporous graphene/activated carbon composite for adsorption
of Pb (II) from wastewater, JECE., 3 (2015) 2697–2706.
- A.A. Rahim, Z.N. Garba, Optimization of preparation conditions
for activated carbon from Prosopis africana seed hulls
using response surface methodology, Desal. Water Treat., 57
- L. Wang, M. Zhang, Z. Huang, C. Zhao, X. Pei, Adsorption
mechanism of activated carbon fibre/carbon nanotube composites
for rhodamine b from aqueous solution, Asian J.
Chem., 25 (2013) 10509.
- E.P. Randviir, D.A. Brownson, C.E. Banks, A decade of
graphene research: production, applications and outlook,
Mater. Today., 17 (2014) 426–432.
- W.S. Hummers Jr, R.E. Offeman, Preparation of graphitic
oxide, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 80 (1958) 1339–1339.
- X. Li, S. Wang, Y. Liu, L. Jiang, B. Song, M. Li, G. Zeng, X. Tan,
X. Cai, Y. Ding, Adsorption of Cu (II), Pb (II), and Cd (II) ions
from acidic aqueous solutions by diethylenetriaminepentaacetic
acid-modified magnetic graphene oxide, J. Chem. Eng.
Data., 62 (2016) 407–416.
- M. Yun, M.S. Ahmed, S. Jeon, Thiolated graphene oxide-supported
palladium cobalt alloyed nanoparticles as high performance
electrocatalyst for oxygen reduction reaction, J. Power.
Sources., 293 (2015) 380–387.
- E. Köseoğlu, C. Akmil-Başar, Preparation, structural evaluation
and adsorptive properties of activated carbon from
agricultural waste biomass, Adv. Powder Technol., 26 (2015)
- Y. Gao, Q. Yue, B. Gao, Y. Sun, W. Wang, Q. Li, Y. Wang, Comparisons
of porous, surface chemistry and adsorption properties
of carbon derived from Enteromorpha prolifera activated
by H4P2O7 and KOH, Chem. Eng. J., 232 (2013) 582–590.
- N.K. Mondal, R. Bhaumik, J.K. Datta, Removal of fluoride by
aluminum impregnated coconut fiber from synthetic fluoride
solution and natural water, AEJ., 54 (2015) 1273–1284.
- Y. Huang, E. Ma, G. Zhao, Thermal and structure analysis
on reaction mechanisms during the preparation of activated
carbon fibers by KOH activation from liquefied wood-based
fibers, Ind. Crop. Prod., 69 (2015) 447–455.
- Y. Ji, T. Li, L. Zhu, X. Wang, Q. Lin, Preparation of activated carbons
by microwave heating KOH activation, Appl. Surf. Sci.,
254 (2007) 506–512.
- H. Sayğılı, F. Güzel, High surface area mesoporous activated
carbon from tomato processing solid waste by zinc chloride
activation: process optimization, characterization and dyes
adsorption, J. Clean Prod., 113 (2016) 995–1004.
- Z. Melichová, L. Hromada, Adsorption of Pb2+ and Cu2+ ions
from aqueous solutions on natural bentonite, Pol. J. Environ.
Stud., 22 (2013) 457–464.
- Z. Liu, S. Zhou, Adsorption of copper and nickel on Na-bentonite,
Process Saf. Environ., 88 (2010) 62–66.
- R. Sitko, E. Turek, B. Zawisza, E. Malicka, E. Talik, J. Heimann,
A. Gagor, B. Feist, R. Wrzalik, Adsorption of divalent metal
ions from aqueous solutions using graphene oxide, Dalton T.,
42 (2013) 5682–5689.
- S. Rahimi, R.M. Moattari, L. Rajabi, A.A. Derakhshan, M.
Keyhani, Iron oxide/hydroxide (α, γ-FeOOH) nanoparticles
as high potential adsorbents for lead removal from polluted
aquatic media, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 23 (2015) 33–43.
- B. Shi, W. Zuo, J. Zhang, H. Tong, J. Zhao, Removal of lead(II)
ions from aqueous solution using L. seed husk ash as a biosorbent,
J. Environ. Qual., 45 (2016) 984–992.
- A. Bhatnagar, E. Kumar, M. Sillanpää, Fluoride removal from
water by adsorption—a review, Chem. Eng. J., 171 (2011) 811–
- C.K. Ko, W.G. Lee, Effects of pH variation in aqueous solutions
on dissolution of copper oxide, Surf. Interface Anal., 42
- E. Sočo, J. Kalembkiewicz, Comparison of adsorption of Cd(II)
and Pb(II) ions on pure and chemically modified fly ashes,
Chem. Process. Eng., 37 (2016) 215–234
- H. Freundlich, Über die adsorption in lösungen, Z. Phys.
Chem., 57 (1907) 385–470.
- I. Langmuir, The adsorption of gases on plane surfaces of glass,
mica and platinum, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 40 (1918) 1361–1403.
- P.R. Choudhury, P. Mondal, S. Majumdar, Synthesis of bentonite
clay based hydroxyapatite nanocomposites cross-linked by
glutaraldehyde and optimization by response surface methodology
for lead removal from aqueous solution, RSC Adv., 5
- A. Shahzad, W. Miran, K. Rasool, M. Nawaz, J. Jang, S.-R.
Lim, D.S. Lee, Heavy metals removal by EDTA-functionalized
chitosan graphene oxide nanocomposites, RSC Adv., 7 (2017)
- R. Sudha, K. Srinivasan, P. Premkumar, Batch studies for the
adsorption of lead (II) from aqueous phase by waste generated
from Citrus Limettioides, Int. J. Chem. Sci., 13 (2015) 167–177.
- Z. Sui, Q. Meng, X. Zhang, R. Ma, B. Cao, Green synthesis
of carbon nanotube–graphene hybrid aerogels and their use
as versatile agents for water purification, J. Mater. Chem., 22
- S. Chakravarty, A. Mohanty, T.N. Sudha, A. Upadhyay, J.
Konar, J. Sircar, A. Madhukar, K. Gupta, Removal of Pb(II) ions
from aqueous solution by adsorption using bael leaves (Aegle
marmelos), J. Hazard. Mater., 173 (2010) 502–509.
- M.H.M.A. Kamal, W.M.K.W.K. Azira, M. Kasmawati, Z.
Haslizaidi, W.N.W. Saime, Sequestration of toxic Pb(II) ions by
chemically treated rubber (Hevea brasiliensis) leaf powder, J.
Environ. Sci., 22 (2010) 248–256.
- D. Kong, N. Wang, N. Qiao, Q. Wang, Z. Wang, Z. Zhou, Z. Ren,
Facile preparation of ion-imprinted chitosan microspheres
enwrapping Fe3O4 and graphene oxide by inverse suspension
cross-linking for highly selective removal of copper(II), ACS
Sustain. Chem. Eng., 5 (2017) 7401–7409.
- T. Anirudhan, M. Ramachandran, Synthesis and characterization
of amidoximated polyacrylonitrile/organobentonite composite
for Cu(II), Zn(II), and Cd(II) adsorption from aqueous
solutions and industry wastewaters, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 47
- S. Lagergren, About the theory of so-called adsorption of soluble
substances. K. Sven. vetensk.akad. handl., 24 (1898) 1–39.
- X. Gao, Y. Hu, T. Guo, X. Ye, Q. Li, M. Guo, H. Liu, Z. Wu. Comparative
study of the competitive adsorption of Mg, Ca and Sr
ions onto resins, Adsorpt. Sci. Technol., 31 (2013) 45–58.