- S. Bhawan, R.K. Puram, CO2 Baseline Database for the Indian
Power Sector User Guide Government of India Ministry of
Power Central Electricity Authority, 2014, Available at: http://cea.nic.in/reports/others/thermal/tpece/cdm_co2/user_guide_ver10.pdf.
- H. Sharon, K.S. Reddy, Performance investigation and enviroeconomic
analysis of active vertical solar distillation units,
Energy, 84 (2015) 794–807.
- V.K. Dwivedi, G.N. Tiwari, Thermal modeling and carbon
credit earned of a double slope passive solar still, Desal. Wat.
Treat., 13 (2012) 400–410.
- T. Rajaseenivasan, K. Srithar, Performance investigation on solar
still with circular and square fins in basin with CO2 mitigation
and economic analysis, Desalination, 380 (2016) 66–74.
- India Solar Resource Maps, Global Horizontal Irradiance-Annual
Average, Available at: https://www.nrel.gov/international/images/india_ghi_ annual.jpg (last accessed on 26th June 2018).
- M.K. Phadatare, S.K. Verma, Influence of water depth on internal
heat and mass transfer in a plastic solar still, Desalination, 217
- P.U. Suneesh, R. Jayaprakash, T. Arunkumar, D. Denkenberger,
Effect of air flow on “V” type solar still with cotton gauze
cooling, Desalination, 337 (2014) 1–5.
- Y. Taamneh, M.M. Taamneh, Performance of pyramid-shaped
solar still: experimental study, Desalination, 291 (2012) 65–68.
- M.H. Sellami, R. Touahir, S. Guemari, K. Loudiyi, Use of
Portland cement as heat storage medium in solar desalination,
Desalination, 398 (2016) 180–188.
- P.K. Srivastava, S.K. Agrawal, Experimental and theoretical
analysis of single sloped basin type solar still consisting
of multiple low thermal inertia floating porous absorbers,
Desalination, 311 (2013) 198–205.
- S. Abdallah, M.M. Abu-Khader, O. Badran, Effect of various
absorbing materials on the thermal performance of solar stills,
Desalination, 242 (2009) 128–137.
- K.K. Murugavel, S. Sivakumar, J.R. Ahamed, K.K.S.K.
Chockalingam, K. Srithar, Single basin double slope solar still
with minimum basin depth and energy storing materials, Appl.
Energy, 87 (2010) 514–523.
- H.S. Deshmukh, S.B. Thombre, Solar distillation with
single basin solar still using sensible heat storage materials,
Desalination, 410 (2017) 91–98.
- F.F. Tabrizi, A.Z. Sharak, Experimental study of an integrated
basin solar still with a sandy heat reservoir, Desalination, 253
- T. Arunkumar, D. Denkenberger, A. Ahsan, R. Jayaprakash, The
augmentation of distillate yield by using concentrator coupled
solar still with phase change material, Desalination, 314 (2013)
- A.E. Kabeel, M. Abdelgaied, Improving the performance of
solar still by using PCM as a thermal storage medium under
Egyptian conditions, Desalination, 383 (2016) 22–28.
- T. Arunkumar, R. Jayaprakash, D. Denkenberger, A. Ahsan,
M.S. Okundamiya, S. Kumar, H. Tanaka, H.Ş. Aybar, An
experimental study on a hemispherical solar still, Desalination,
286 (2012) 342–348.
- H.E. Gad, S. Shams El-Din, A.A. Hussien, K. Ramzy, Thermal
analysis of a conical solar still performance: an experimental
study, Sol. Energy, 122 (2015) 900–909.
- R. Sathyamurthy, H.J. Kennady, P.K. Nagarajan, A. Ahsan,
Factors affecting the performance of triangular pyramid solar
still, Desalination, 344 (2014) 383–390.
- A.E. Kabeel, Performance of solar still with a concave wick
evaporation surface, Energy, 34 (2009) 1504–1509.
- M.R. Karimi Estahbanati, A. Ahsan, M. Feilizadeh, K. Jafarpur,
S.S. Ashrafmansouri, M. Feilizadeh, Theoretical and experimental
investigation on internal reflectors in a single-slope
solar still, Appl. Energy, 165 (2016) 537–547.
- A.F. Mashaly, A.A. Alazba, A.M. Al-awaadh, M.A. Mattar,
Predictive model for assessing and optimizing solar still performance using artificial neural network under hyper arid
environment, Sol. Energy, 118 (2015) 41–58.
- A.F. Mashaly, A.A. Alazba, MLP and MLR models for instantaneous
thermal efficiency prediction of solar still under hyperarid
environment, Comput. Electron. Agric., 122 (2016) 146–155.
- M.A. Hamdan, R.A.H. Khalil, E.A.M. Abdelhafez, Comparison
of neural network models in the estimation of the performance
of solar still under Jordanian climate, J. Clean Energy Technol.,
1 (2013) 238–242.
- N.I. Santos, A.M. Said, D.E. James, N.H. Venkatesh, Modeling
solar still production using local weather data and artificial
neural networks, Renewable Energy, 40 (2012) 71–79.
- A.F. Mashaly, A.A. Alazba, Comparative investigation of
artificial neural network learning algorithms for modeling solar
still production, J. Water Reuse Desal., (2015) 480–493.
- M. Benghanem, A. Mellit, S.N. Alamri, ANN-based modelling
and estimation of daily global solar radiation data: a case study,
Energy Convers. Manage., 50 (2009) 1644–1655.
- A. Rahimikhoob, Estimating global solar radiation using
artificial neural network and air temperature data in a semiarid
environment, Renewable Energy, 35 (2010) 2131–2135.
- K.S. Reddy, M. Ranjan, Solar resource estimation using artificial
neural networks and comparison with other correlation models,
Energy Convers. Manage., 44 (2003) 2519–2530.
- M.N.Q. Macedo, J.J.M. Galo, L.A.L. de Almeida, A.C. de C. Lima,
Demand side management using artificial neural networks in a
smart grid environment, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev.,
41 (2015) 128–133.
- J. Mubiru, E.J.K.B. Banda, Estimation of monthly average daily
global solar irradiation using artificial neural networks, Sol.
Energy, 82 (2008) 181–187.
- J. Wasilewski, D. Baczynski, Short-term electric energy production
forecasting at wind power plants in pareto-optimality context,
Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 69 (2017) 177–187.
- T. Khatib, A. Mohamed, K. Sopian, M. Mahmoud, Solar energy
prediction for Malaysia using artificial neural networks, Int. J.
Photoenergy, 2012 (2012) 1–16.
- R. Kumar, R.K. Aggarwal, J.D. Sharma, Comparison of
regression and artificial neural network models for estimation
of global solar radiations, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev.,
52 (2015) 1294–1299.
- H. Chitsaz, H. Shaker, H. Zareipour, D. Wood, N. Amjady,
Short-term electricity load forecasting of buildings in microgrids,
Energy Build., 99 (2015) 50–60.
- A.K. Tossa, Y.M. Soro, Y. Azoumah, D. Yamegueu, A new
approach to estimate the performance and energy productivity
of photovoltaic modules in real operating conditions, Sol.
Energy, 110 (2014) 543–560.
- A.K. Yadav, S. Chandel, Artificial neural network based
prediction of solar radiation for Indian stations, Int. J. Comput.
Appl., 50 (2012) 1–4.
- L. Mba, P. Meukam, A. Kemajou, Application of artificial neural
network for predicting hourly indoor air temperature and
relative humidity in modern building in humid region, Energy
Build., 121 (2016) 32–42.
- M. Ozgoren, M. Bilgili, B. Sahin, Estimation of global solar
radiation using ANN over Turkey, Expert Syst. Appl., 39 (2012)
- A.K. Yadav, H. Malik, S.S. Chandel, Selection of most relevant
input parameters using WEKA for artificial neural network
based solar radiation prediction models, Renewable Sustainable
Energy Rev., 31 (2014) 509–519.
- A.K. Yadav, S.S. Chandel, Solar radiation prediction using
Artificial Neural Network techniques: a review, Renewable
Sustainable Energy Rev., 33 (2014) 772–781.
- A.F. Mashaly, A.A. Alazba, Neural network approach for
predicting solar still production using agricultural drainage as
a feedwater source, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016) 28646–28660.
- A. Teke, H.B. Yıldırım, Ö. Çelik, Evaluation and performance
comparison of different models for the estimation of solar
radiation, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 50 (2015)
- E. Paulescu, R. Blaga, Regression models for hourly diffuse
solar radiation, Sol. Energy, 125 (2016) 111–124.
- M.F. Li, X.P. Tang, W. Wu, H. Bin Liu, General models for
estimating daily global solar radiation for different solar
radiation zones in mainland China, Energy Convers. Manage.,
70 (2013) 139–148.
- E. Okeke, S.U. Egarievwe, A.E. Anmalu, Effects of coal and
charcoal on solar-still performance, Energy, 15 (1990) 1071–1073.
- W.A. Kamal, A theoretical and experimental study of the basintype
solar still under the Arabian gulf climatic conditions, Solar
Wind Technol., 5 (1988) 147–157.
- M.A.S. Malik, G.N. Tiwari, A. Kumar, M.S. Sodha, Solar
Distillation, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1982.
- S.M. Al-Alawi, H.A. Al-Hinai, An ANN-based approach
for predicting global radiation in locations with no direct
measurement instrumentation, Renewable Energy, 14 (1998)
- P.I. Cooper, Digital simulation of transient solar still processes,
Sol. Energy, 12 (1969) 313–331.
- A.K. Rajvanshi, Effect of various dyes on solar distillation, Sol.
Energy, 27 (1981) 51–65.
- A.A. El-Sebaii, Effect of wind speed on active and passive solar
stills, Energy Convers. Manage., 45 (2004) 1187–1204.