- U.B. Celebi, F. Tolga, A. Vardar, N. Vardar, Multimedia Pollutant
and their Effects on the Environment and Waste Management
Practice in Turkish Shipyards, Green Energy Technol. Global
Warming, Chapter 39, Springer, Boston, MA, 2009, pp. 579–590.
- H.T. Nøst, K.A. Halse, S. Randall, R.A. Borgen, M. Schlabach,
A. Paul, A. Rahman, K. Breivik, High concentrations of organic
contaminants in air from ship breaking activities in Chittagong,
Bangladesh, Environ. Sci. Technol., 49 (2015) 11372–11380.
- N. Vardar, Pollutant Sources in the Shipbuilding and Repair
Industry, Ship Building Industry, Turkish Shipbuilding
Association, Turkey, 2004.
- D. Βuruiana, Development of Waste Management Systems in
an Integrated Shipyard, TEHNOMUS - New Technologies and
Products in Machine Manufacturing Technologies, 2016.
- National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP), Air Quality
Best Management Practice (AQBMP) Resource Document for
Shipyards, E.U., 1995.
- National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP), Solid Waste
Segregation and Recycling, E.U., 1998.
- National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP), Cost-
Effective Clean Up of Spent Grit, E.U., 2000.
- G. Neşer, D. Ünsalan, N. Tekoğul, F. Stuer-Lauridsen, The
shipbreaking industry in Turkey: environmental, safety and
health issues, J. Cleaner Prod., 16 (2008) 350–358.
- B. Kura, R. Tadimalla, Minimization and Treatment of
Shipyard Wastewater, Treatment of Regulated Discharges from
Shipyards and Drydocks, 1999, pp. 77–90.
- S.M. Reddy, S. Basha, V. Sravan Kumar, H. Joshi,
G. Ramachandraiah, Distribution, enrichment and accumulation
of heavy metals in coastal sediments of Alang–Sosiya ship
scrapping yard, India, Mar. Pollut. Bull., 48 (2004) 1055–1059.
- A.N. Siddiquee, S. Parween, A.M.M. Quddus, P. Barua,
Heavy Metal Pollution in Sediments at Ship Breaking Area of
Bangladesh, in: V. Subramanian, Ed., Coastal Environments:
Focus on Asian Coastal Regions, Springer, India, 2012, pp.
78–87. Doi: 10.1007/978-90–481-3002-3_6. Originally published
in the Asian J. Water, Environ. Pollut., 6 (2009) 7–12.
- S. Pierucci, D. Bombardi, A. Concu, A. Lamballi, G. Lamballi,
G. Lugli, An Innovative Sustainable Process for VOCs
Recovery from Spray Paint Booths, Energy, 30 (2005) 1377–1386.
- P.G. Vlachos, Shipbuilding Economics and Strategy, J & J Hellas,
Piraeus, 2002, pp. 64–75.
- Environmental Study of the Shipyard Neorio Syros, Syros
Island, Greece, 2005.
- U.B. Celebi, N. Vardar, Wastes and pollutant sources resulted
from shipbuilding industry in Turkey, Ovidius Univ. Annu. Sci.
J., Mech. Eng. Ser., 8 (2006) 24–30.
- L. Malherbe, C. Mandin, VOC Emissions During Outdoor
Ship Painting and Health Risk Assessment, First International
Conference on Harbors and Air, Italy, 2005.
- D. Austin, R. Benze, B. Kura, Recent Advances in Closed Loop
Abrasive Blasting Ship Production Symposium, Boston, MA,
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Profile of the
Shipbuilding and Repair Industry, E.U., 1999.
- U.B. Celebi, N. Vardar, Investigation of VOC emissions from
indoor and outdoor painting processes in shipyards, Atmos.
Environ., 42 (2008) 5685–5695.
- G. Papamanolis, Shipyards Waste and Sustainable Management,
Case study “Neorion Shipyard”, Master Thesis “Waste
Management”, School of Science and Technology, Hellenic
Open University Greece, Patra, Greece, 2017.
- B. Kura, S. Lacoste, Typical Waste Streams in a Shipbuilding
Facility, Proc. Air Waste Management Association’s 89th
Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Nashville, TN, 1996.
- E.M. Stewart, R. Smith, The Effects of Regulating the Use
of TBT-Based Antifouling Paints on TBT Contamination,
Treatment of Regulated Discharges from Shipyards and
Drydocks, 1999, pp. 217–222.
- A. Tewari, H. Joshi, R. Trivedi, V. Sravankumar, C. Raghunathan,
Y. Khambhaty, O. Kotiwar, S. Mandal, The effect of
ship scrapping industry and its associated wastes on the
biomass production and biodiversity of biota in situ condition
at Alang, Mar. Pollut. Bull., 42 (2001) 461–468.
- C.Y. Song, J.H. Woo, S.H. Park, I.S. Kim, A study on the
treatment of antifouling paint waste from shipyard, Mar. Pollut.
Bull., 51 (2005) 1048–1053.
- S. Vreysen, A. Maes, H. Wullaert, Removal of organotin
compounds, Cu and Zn from shipyard wastewaters by
adsorption – flocculation: a technical and economical analysis,
Mar. Pollut. Bull., 56 (2008) 106–115.
- T.J. Fox, T. Beacham, C. Gary Schafran, Michael A. Champ,
Advanced Technologies for Removing TBT from Ship
Washdown and Drydock Runoff Wastewaters, Treatment of
Regulated Discharges from Shipyards and Drydocks, 1999,
- http://www.neorion-holdings.gr/Syros.html, Website of the
“Neorion Syros” Shipyard, 2018.
- A.J. Morrissey, J. Browne, Waste management models and
their application to sustainable waste management, Waste
Manage., 24 (2004) 297–308.
- S. Zuin, E. Belac, B. Marzi, Life cycle assessment of shipgenerated
waste management of Luka Koper, Waste Manage.,
29 (2009) 3036–3046.
- Z. Du, S. Zhang, Q. Zhou, K.F. Yuen, Y.D. Wong, Hazardous
materials analysis and disposal procedures during ship
recycling, Resour. Conserv. Recycl., 131 (2018) 158–171.
- J.K. Choi, D. Kelley, S. Murphy, D. Thangamani, Economic and
environmental perspectives of end-of-life ship management,
Atmos. Environ. Recycl., 107 (2016) 82–91.
- A. Kotrikla, Environmental management aspects for TBT
antifouling wastes from the shipyards, J. Environ. Manage.,
90 (2009) S77–S85.