- N. Colantonio, Y. Kim, Cadmium (II) removal mechanisms
in microbial electrolysis cells, J. Hazard. Mater., 311 (2016)
- E. Gatsios, J.N. Hahladakis, E. Gidarakos, Optimization of
electrocoagulation (EC) process for the purification of a real
industrial wastewater from toxic metals, J. Environ. Manage.,
154 (2015) 117–127.
- P. Ganesan, J. Lakshmi, G. Sozhan, S. Vasudevan, Removal
of manganese from water by electrocoagulation: adsorption,
kinetics and thermodynamic studies, Can. J. Chem. Eng., 91
- S. Vasudevan, J. Lakshmi, M. Packiyam, Electrocoagulation
studies on removal of cadmium using magnesium electrode, J.
Appl. Electrochem., 40 (2010) 2023–2032.
- D. Ghernaout, M.W. Naceur, Ferrate(VI): in situ generation
and water treatment – a review, Desal. Wat. Treat., 30 (2011)
- S. Vasudevan, M.A. Oturan, Electrochemistry: as cause and
cure in water pollution—an overview, Environ. Chem. Lett., 12
- R. Kamaraj, P. Ganesan, S. Vasudevan, Use of hydrous titanium
dioxide as potential sorbent for the removal of manganese from
water, J. Electrochem. Sci. Eng., 4 (2014) 187–201.
- S. Vasudevan, J. Lakshmi, Effects of alternating and direct
current in electrocoagulation process on the removal of
cadmium from water – a novel approach, Sep. Purif. Technol.,
80 (2011) 643–651.
- A. Sharif, M. Ashraf, A.A. Anjum, A. Javeed, I. Altaf, M.F. Akhtar,
M. Abbas, B. Akhtar, A. Saleem, Pharmaceutical wastewater
being composite mixture of environmental pollutants may be
associated with mutagenicity and genotoxicity, Environ. Sci.
Pollut. Res., 23 (2015) 1–8.
- B. Wang, Y. Zhu, Z. Bai, R. Luque, J. Xuan, Functionalized
chitosan biosorbents with ultra-high performance, mechanical
strength and tunable selectivity for heavy metals in wastewater
treatment, Chem. Eng. J., 325 (2017) 350–359.
- A.G. El Samrani, B.S. Lartiges, F. Villiéras, Chemical coagulation
of combined sewer overflow: heavy metal removal and
treatment optimization, Water Res., 42 (2008) 951–960.
- N. Drouiche, M.W. Naceur, H. Boutoumi, N. Aitmessaoudene,
R. Henniche, T. Ouslimane, Assessment of the recovery of
photovoltaic cells cutting fluid by chemical pretreatment and
ultrafiltration, Desal. Wat. Treat., 51 (2013) 713–716.
- Q. Zhu, Z. Li, Hydrogel-supported nanosized hydrous
manganese dioxide: synthesis, characterization, and adsorption
behavior study for Pb2+, Cu2+, Cd2+ and Ni2+ removal from water,
Chem. Eng. J., 281 (2015) 69–80.
- A. Dabrowski, Z. Hubicki, P. Podkoscielny, E. Robens, Selective
removal of the heavy metal ions from waters and industrial
wastewaters by ion-exchange method, Chemosphere, 56 (2004)
- T.A. Kurniawan, G.Y.S. Chan, W.H. Lo, S. Babel, Physico–chemical treatment techniques for wastewater laden with heavy
metals, Chem. Eng. J., 118 (2006) 83–98.
- L. Semerjian, A. Damaj, D. Salam, Comparative study of humic
acid removal and floc characteristics by electrocoagulation and
chemical coagulation, Environ. Monit. Assess., 187 (2015) 670.
- S. Aoudj, A. Khelifa, N. Drouiche, R. Belkada, D. Miroud,
Simultaneous removal of chromium(VI) and fluoride by
electrocoagulation–electroflotation: application of a hybrid
Fe-Al anode, Chem. Eng. J., 267 (2015) 153–162.
- D. Ghernaout, M.W. Naceur, B. Ghernaout, A review of
electrocoagulation as a promising coagulation process
for improved organic and inorganic matters removal by
electrophoresis and electroflotation, Desal. Wat. Treat., 28
- J. Lu, Y. Li, M. Yin, X. Ma, S. Lin, Removing heavy metal ions
with continuous aluminum electrocoagulation: a study on back
mixing and utilization rate of electro-generated Al ions, Chem.
Eng. J., 267 (2015) 86–92.
- G. Mouedhen, M. Feki, P. Wery Mde, H.F. Ayedi, Behavior of
aluminum electrodes in electrocoagulation process, J. Hazard.
Mater., 150 (2008) 124–135.
- M. Kobya, U. Gebologlu, F. Ulu, S. Oncel, E. Demirbas, Removal
of arsenic from drinking water by the electrocoagulation using
Fe and Al electrodes, Electrochim. Acta, 56 (2011) 5060–5070.
- S. Irki, D. Ghernaout, M.W. Naceur, Decolourization of Methyl
Orange (MO) by electrocoagulation (EC) using iron electrodes
under a magnetic field (MF), Desal. Wat. Treat., 79 (2017)
- D. Ghernaout, B. Ghernaout, A. Boucherit, M.W. Naceur, A.
Khelifa, A. Kellila, Study on mechanism of electrocoagulation
with iron electrodes in idealised conditions and
electrocoagulation of humic acids solution in batch using
aluminium electrodes, Desal. Wat. Treat., 8 (2009) 91–99.
- D. Ghernaout, Advanced oxidation phenomena in
electrocoagulation process: a myth or a reality?, Desal. Wat.
Treat., 51 (2013) 7536–7554.
- D. Cao, H. Zeng, B. Yang, X. Zhao, Mn assisted electrochemical
generation of two-dimensional Fe-Mn layered double
hydroxides for efficient Sb(V) removal, J. Hazard. Mater., 336
- M. Kobya, E. Gengec, E. Demirbas, Operating parameters
and costs assessments of a real dyehouse wastewater effluent
treated by a continuous electrocoagulation process, Chem. Eng.
Process., 101 (2016) 87–100.
- C. Delaire, C.M. van Genuchten, S.E. Amrose, A.J. Gadgil,
Bacteria attenuation by iron electrocoagulation governed by
interactions between bacterial phosphate groups and Fe(III)
precipitates, Water Res., 103 (2016) 74–82.
- U. Tezcan Un, S.E. Onpeker, E. Ozel, The treatment of
chromium containing wastewater using electrocoagulation and
the production of ceramic pigments from the resulting sludge,
J. Environ. Manage., 200 (2017) 196–203.
- M. Kobya, A. Akyol, E. Demirbas, M.S. Oncel, Removal of arsenic
from drinking water by batch and continuous electrocoagulation
processes using hybrid Al-Fe plate electrodes, Environ. Prog.
Sustain., 33 (2014) 131–140.
- W. Wan, T.J. Pepping, T. Banerji, S. Chaudhari, D.E. Giammar,
Effects of water chemistry on arsenic removal from drinking
water by electrocoagulation, Water Res., 45 (2011) 384–392.
- K.L. Dubrawski, M. Mohseni, In-situ identification of iron
electrocoagulation speciation and application for natural
organic matter (NOM) removal, Water Res., 47 (2013) 5371–5380.
- S.V. Jadhav, E. Bringas, G.D. Yadav, V.K. Rathod, I. Ortiz, K.V.
Marathe, Arsenic and fluoride contaminated groundwaters:
a review of current technologies for contaminants removal, J.
Environ. Manage., 162 (2015) 306–325.
- R. Li, C. He, Y. He, Preparation and characterization of polysilicic-cation coagulant from industrial wastes, Desalination,
319 (2013) 85–91.
- I. Heidmann, W. Calmano, Removal of Cr(VI) from model
wastewaters by electrocoagulation with Fe electrodes, Sep.
Purif. Technol., 61 (2008) 15–21.
- C.M. van Genuchten, J. Peña, S.E. Amrose, A.J. Gadgil, Structure
of Fe(III) precipitates generated by the electrolytic dissolution
of Fe(0) in the presence of groundwater ions, Geochim.
Cosmochim. Acta, 127 (2014) 285–304.
- E. Bazrafshan, A.H. Mahvi, S. Nasseri, A.R. Mesdaghinia,
F. Vaezi, S. Nazmara, Removal of cadmium from industrial
effluents by electrocoagulation process using iron electrodes,
Iran. J. Environ. Health, (2006) 261–266.
- P. Song, Z. Yang, G. Zeng, X. Yang, H. Xu, L. Wang, R. Xu, W.
Xiong, K. Ahmad, Electrocoagulation treatment of arsenic in
wastewaters: a comprehensive review, Chem. Eng. J., 317 (2017)
- K.L. Dubrawski, C.M. van Genuchten, C. Delaire, S.E. Amrose,
A.J. Gadgil, M. Mohseni, Production and transformation
of mixed-valent nanoparticles generated by Fe(0)
electrocoagulation, Environ. Sci. Technol., 49 (2015) 2171.
- N. Ardhan, E.J. Moore, C. Phalakornkule, Novel anode made of
iron scrap for a reduced-cost electrocoagulator, Chem. Eng. J.,
253 (2014) 448–455.
- M. Al-Shannag, Z. Al-Qodah, K. Bani-Melhem, M.R. Qtaishat,
M. Alkasrawi, Heavy metal ions removal from metal plating
wastewater using electrocoagulation: kinetic study and process
performance, Chem. Eng. J., 260 (2015) 749–756.
- C. Hu, S. Wang, J. Sun, H. Liu, J. Qu, An effective method for
improving electrocoagulation process: optimization of Al13
polymer formation, Colloids Surf. A, 489 (2016) 234–240.
- A. Guzman, J.L. Nava, O. Coreno, I. Rodriguez, S. Gutierrez,
Arsenic and fluoride removal from groundwater by
electrocoagulation using a continuous filter-press reactor,
Chemosphere, 144 (2016) 2113–2120.
- V. Khandegar, A.K. Saroha, Electrocoagulation for the treatment
of textile industry effluent--a review, J. Environ. Manage., 128
- D. Ghernaout, M.W. Naceur, A. Aouabed, On the dependence
of chlorine by-products generated species formation of the
electrode material and applied charge during electrochemical
water treatment, Desalination, 270 (2011) 9–22.
- C.A. Martínez-Huitle, E. Brillas, Decontamination of wastewaters
containing synthetic organic dyes by electrochemical methods:
a general review, Appl. Catal., B, 87 (2009) 105–145.
- K. Cheballah, A. Sahmoune, K. Messaoudi, N. Drouiche, H.
Lounici, Simultaneous removal of hexavalent chromium and
COD from industrial wastewater by bipolar electrocoagulation,
Chem. Eng. Process., 96 (2015) 94–99.
- C.-H. Huang, L. Chen, C.-L. Yang, Effect of anions on
electrochemical coagulation for cadmium removal, Sep. Purif.
Technol., 65 (2009) 137–146.
- L. Xu, Q. Huang, X. Xu, G. Cao, C. He, Y. Wang, M. Yang,
Simultaneous removal of Zn2+ and Mn2+ ions from synthetic
and real smelting wastewater using electrocoagulation process:
influence of pulse current parameters and anions, Sep. Purif.
Technol., 188 (2017) 316–328.
- D. Ghernaout, B. Ghernaout, On the controversial effect of
sodium sulphate as supporting electrolyte on electrocoagulation
process: a review, Desal. Wat. Treat., 27 (2011) 243–254.
- D. Ghernaout, S. Irki, A. Boucherit, Removal of Cu2+ and Cd2+,
and humic acid and phenol by electrocoagulation using iron
electrodes, Desal. Wat. Treat., 52 (2013) 3256–3270.
- S.I. Pyun, S.M. Moon, S.H. Ahn, S.S. Kim, Effects of Cl−, NO−3
and SO2−4 ions on anodic dissolution of pure aluminum in
alkaline solution, Corros. Sci., 41 (1999) 653–667.
- L. Rajic, N. Fallahpour, E. Podlaha, A. Alshawabkeh, The
influence of cathode material on electrochemical degradation of
trichloroethylene in aqueous solution, Chemosphere, 147 (2016)
- D.G. Bassyouni, H.A. Hamad, E.Z. El-Ashtoukhy, N.K. Amin,
M.M.A. El-Latif, Comparative performance of anodic oxidation
and electrocoagulation as clean processes for electrocatalytic
degradation of diazo dye Acid Brown 14 in aqueous medium, J.
Hazard. Mater., 335 (2017) 178–187.
- R. Kamaraj, P. Ganesan, S. Vasudevan, Removal of lead from
aqueous solutions by electrocoagulation: isotherm, kinetics
and thermodynamic studies, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 12 (2015)
- P. Ganesan, R. Kamaraj, G. Sozhan, S. Vasudevan, Oxidized
multiwalled carbon nanotubes as adsorbent for the removal of
manganese from aqueous solution, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 20
- S. Vasudevan, J. Lakshmi, Electrochemical removal of boron
from water: adsorption and thermodynamic studies, Can. J.
Chem. Eng., 90 (2012) 1017–1026.
- A. Shafaei, M. Rezaie, M. Nikazar, Evaluation of Mn2+ and Co2+
removal by electrocoagulation: a case study, Chem. Eng. J., 50
- P. Refait, J.B. Memet, C. Bon, R. Sabot, J.M.R. Génin, Formation
of the Fe(II)–Fe(III) hydroxysulphate green rust during marine
corrosion of steel, Corros. Sci., 45 (2003) 833–845.
- P. Refait, M. Abdelmoula, J.M.R. Génin, R. Sabot, Green rusts in
electrochemical and microbially influenced corrosion of steel,
C. R. Geosci., 338 (2006) 476–487.
- S.M. Wabaidur, M.A. Khan, M.R. Siddiqui, Z.A. Alothman, S.
Vasudevan, M.S. Al-Gamdi, I.H. Al-Sohami, Dodecyl sulfate
chain anchored bio-char to sequester triaryl methane dyes:
equilibrium, kinetics, and adsorption mechanism, Desal. Wat.
Treat., 67 (2017) 357–370.
- S. Vasudevan, J. Lakshmi, Process conditions and kinetics
for the removal of copper from water by electrocoagulation,
Environ. Eng. Sci., 29 (2012) 563–572.
- J. Hong, Z. Zhu, H. Lu, Y. Qiu, Synthesis and arsenic adsorption
performances of ferric-based layered double hydroxide with
α-alanine intercalation, Chem. Eng. J., 252 (2014) 267–274.
- R. Kamaraj, A. Pandiarajan, S. Jayakiruba, M. Naushad,
S. Vasudevan, Kinetics, thermodynamics and isotherm
modeling for removal of nitrate from liquids by facile one-pot
electrosynthesized nano zinc hydroxide, J. Mol. Liq., 215 (2016)
- M.A. González, I. Pavlovic, C. Barriga, Cu(II), Pb(II) and Cd(II)
sorption on different layered double hydroxides. A kinetic and
thermodynamic study and competing factors, Chem. Eng. J.,
269 (2015) 221–228.
- R.R. Shan, L.G. Yan, K. Yang, Y.F. Hao, B. Du, Adsorption of
Cd(II) by Mg-Al-CO3- and magnetic Fe3O4/Mg-Al-CO3-layered
double hydroxides: kinetic, isothermal, thermodynamic and
mechanistic studies, J. Hazard. Mater., 299 (2015) 42–49.