- P. Miretzky, A.F. Cirelli, Cr (VI) and Cr (III) removal from
aqueous solution by raw and modified lignocellulosic materials:
a review, J. Hazard. Mater., 180 (2010) 1–19.
- J.B. Yang, M.Q. Yu, W.T. Chen, Adsorption of hexavalent
chromium from aqueous solution by activated carbon prepared
from longan seed: kinetics, equilibrium and thermodynamics, J.
Ind. Eng. Chem., 21 (2015) 414–422.
- T.D. Çiftçi, E. Henden, Nickel/nickel boride nanoparticles
coated resin: a novel adsorbent for arsenic (III) and arsenic (V)
removal, Powder Technol., 269 (2015) 470–480.
- J.B. Dima, C. Sequeiros, N.E. Zaritzky, Hexavalent chromium
removal in contaminated water using reticulated chitosan micro/nanoparticles from seafood processing wastes, Chemosphere,
141 (2015) 100–111.
- W. Liu, J. Zhang, C. Zhang, L. Ren, Preparation and evaluation
of activated carbon-based iron-containing adsorbents for
enhanced Cr (VI) removal: mechanism study, Chem. Eng. J., 189
- P.K. Ghosh, Hexavalent chromium [Cr (VI)] removal by acid
modified waste activated carbons, J. Hazard. Mater., 171 (2009)
- M. Cieślak-Golonka, Toxic and mutagenic effects of chromium
(VI). A review, Polyhedron, 15 (1996) 3667–3689.
- M. Bansal, D. Singh, V. Garg, A comparative study for the
removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solution by
agriculture wastes’ carbons, J. Hazard. Mater., 171 (2009) 83–92.
- S. Habibi, A. Nematollahzadeh, S.A. Mousavi, Nano-scale
modification of polysulfone membrane matrix and the surface
for the separation of chromium ions from water, Chem. Eng. J.,
267 (2015) 306–316.
- V. Pinos, A. Dafinov, F. Medina, J. Sueiras, Chromium (VI)
reduction in aqueous medium by means of catalytic membrane
reactors, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 4 (2016) 1880–1889.
- S. Rapti, A. Pournara, D. Sarma, I.T. Papadas, G.S. Armatas,
A.C. Tsipis, T. Lazarides, M.G. Kanatzidis, M.J. Manos, Selective
capture of hexavalent chromium from an anion-exchange
column of metal organic resin–alginic acid composite, Chem.
Sci., 7 (2016) 2427–2436.
- B. Ramavandi, G. Asgari, J. Faradmal, S. Sahebi, B. Roshani,
Abatement of Cr (VI) from wastewater using a new adsorbent,
cantaloupe peel: Taguchi L 16 orthogonal array optimization,
Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31 (2014) 2207–2214.
- J. Zhou, Y. Wang, J. Wang, W. Qiao, D. Long, L. Ling, Effective
removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions by
adsorption on mesoporous carbon microspheres, J. Colloid
Interface Sci., 462 (2016) 200–207.
- F. Di Natale, A. Erto, A. Lancia, D. Musmarra, Equilibrium
and dynamic study on hexavalent chromium adsorption onto
activated carbon, J. Hazard. Mater., 281 (2015) 47–55.
- Q. Gao, H. Liu, C. Cheng, K. Li, J. Zhang, C. Zhang, Y. Li,
Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from wool
waste and the comparison of muffle furnace and microwave
heating methods, Powder Technol., 249 (2013) 234–240.
- H. Wu, C. Lai, G. Zeng, J. Liang, J. Chen, J. Xu, J. Dai, X. Li, J. Liu,
M. Chen, The interactions of composting and biochar and their
implications for soil amendment and pollution remediation: a
review, Crit. Rev. Biotechnol., 37 (2017) 754–764.
- S. Ye, G. Zeng, H. Wu, C. Zhang, J. Liang, J. Dai, Z. Liu, W. Xiong,
J. Wan, P. Xu, Co-occurrence and interactions of pollutants, and
their impacts on soil remediation—a review, Crit. Rev. Environ.
Sci. Technol., 47 (2017) 1528–1553.
- S. Ye, G. Zeng, H. Wu, C. Zhang, J. Dai, J. Liang, J. Yu, X. Ren,
H. Yi, M. Cheng, Biological technologies for the remediation of
co-contaminated soil, Crit. Rev. Biotechnol., 37 (2017) 1062–1076.
- D. Mohan, K.P. Singh, V.K. Singh, Removal of hexavalent
chromium from aqueous solution using low-cost activated
carbons derived from agricultural waste materials and activated
carbon fabric cloth, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 44 (2005) 1027–1042.
- M. Machida, T. Goto, Y. Amano, T. Iida, Adsorptive removal of
nitrate from aqueous solution using nitrogen doped activated
carbon, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 64 (2016) 1555–1559.
- T.X. Shang, J. Zhang, X.J. Jin, J.M. Gao, Study of Cr (VI)
adsorption onto nitrogen-containing activated carbon
preparation from bamboo processing residues, J. Wood Sci., 60
- J. Sun, Z. Zhang, J. Ji, M. Dou, F. Wang, Removal of Cr6+
from wastewater via adsorption with high-specific-surfacearea
nitrogen-doped hierarchical porous carbon derived from
silkworm cocoon, Appl. Surf. Sci., 405 (2017) 372–379.
- A. Kumar, H.M. Jena, Adsorption of Cr (VI) from aqueous phase
by high surface area activated carbon prepared by chemical
activation with ZnCl2, Process Saf. Environ. Protect., 109 (2017)
- C. Chen, P. Zhao, Z. Li, Z. Tong, Adsorption behavior of
chromium (VI) on activated carbon from eucalyptus sawdust
prepared by microwave-assisted activation with ZnCl2, Desal.
Wat. Treat., 57 (2016) 12572–12584.
- N. Zhao, C. Zhao, Y. Lv, W. Zhang, Y. Du, Z. Hao, J. Zhang,
Adsorption and coadsorption mechanisms of Cr (VI) and
organic contaminants on H3PO4 treated biochar, Chemosphere,
186 (2017) 422–429.
- B. Feng, W. Shen, L. Shi, S. Qu, Adsorption of hexavalent
chromium by polyacrylonitrile-based porous carbon from
aqueous solution, R. Soc. Open Sci., 5 (2018) 171662.
- R. Zhao, Y. Wang, X. Li, B. Sun, Y. Li, H. Ji, J. Qiu, C. Wang,
Surface activated hydrothermal carbon-coated electrospun
PAN fiber membrane with enhanced adsorption properties for
herbicide, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 4 (2016) 2584–2592.
- S. Wei, D. Li, Z. Huang, Y. Huang, F. Wang, High-capacity
adsorption of Cr (VI) from aqueous solution using a hierarchical
porous carbon obtained from pig bone, Bioresour. Technol., 134
- D. Park, S.-R. Lim, Y.-S. Yun, J.M. Park, Reliable evidences that
the removal mechanism of hexavalent chromium by natural
biomaterials is adsorption-coupled reduction, Chemosphere,
70 (2007) 298–305.
- T. Qiu, Y. Zeng, C. Ye, H. Tian, Adsorption thermodynamics
and kinetics of p-xylene on activated carbon, J. Chem. Eng.
Data, 57 (2012) 1551–1556.
- H.N. Tran, S.-J. You, A. Hosseini-Bandegharaei, H.-P. Chao,
Mistakes and inconsistencies regarding adsorption of
contaminants from aqueous solutions: a critical review, Water
Res., 120 (2017) 88–116.
- S. Zhang, X. Wang, J. Li, T. Wen, J. Xu, X. Wang, Efficient
removal of a typical dye and Cr (VI) reduction using N-doped
magnetic porous carbon, RSC Adv., 4 (2014) 63110–63117.
- D. Mohan, C.U. Pittman Jr, Activated carbons and low cost
adsorbents for remediation of tri-and hexavalent chromium
from water, J. Hazard. Mater., 137 (2006) 762–811.
- J. Yu, C. Jiang, Q. Guan, P. Ning, J. Gu, Q. Chen, J. Zhang, R.
Miao, Enhanced removal of Cr (VI) from aqueous solution by
supported ZnO nanoparticles on biochar derived from waste
water hyacinth, Chemosphere, 195 (2017) 632–640.
- L. Dong, Y. Jin, T. Song, J. Liang, X. Bai, S. Yu, C. Teng, X. Wang,
J. Qu, X. Huang, Removal of Cr (VI) by surfactant modified
Auricularia auricula spent substrate: biosorption condition and
mechanism, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 24 (2017) 17626–17641.
- I. Tan, A. Ahmad, B. Hameed, Adsorption isotherms,
kinetics, thermodynamics and desorption studies of 2, 4,
6-trichlorophenol on oil palm empty fruit bunch-based
activated carbon, J. Hazard. Mater., 164 (2009) 473–482.
- D. Park, Y.-S. Yun, J.H. Jo, J.M. Park, Mechanism of hexavalent
chromium removal by dead fungal biomass of Aspergillus niger,
Water Res., 39 (2005) 533–540.