- M. Elimelech, W.A. Phillip, The future of seawater desalination:
energy, technology, and the environment, Science, 333 (2011)
- H. Li, N. Russell, V. Sharifi, J. Swithenbank, Techno-economic
feasibility of absorption heat pumps using wastewater as
the heating source for desalination, Desalination, 281 (2011)
- N. Ghaffour, J. Bundschuh, H. Mahmoudi, M.F.A. Goosen,
Renewable energy-driven desalination technologies: a
comprehensive review on challenges and potential applications
of integrated systems, Desalination, 356 (2015) 94–114.
- J.T. McMullan, Refrigeration and the environment—issues and
strategies for the future, Int. J. Refrig., 25 (2002) 89–99.
- S. Murugan, B. Horák, Tri and polygeneration systems—a
review, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 60 (2016)
- S. Anvari, H. Taghavifar, A. Parvishi, Thermo-economical
consideration of regenerative organic Rankine cycle coupling
with the absorption chiller systems incorporated in the
trigeneration system, Energy Convers. Manage., 148 (2017)
- B. Ortega-Delgado, P. Palenzuela, D.-C. Alarcón-Padilla,
Parametric study of a multi-effect distillation plant with
thermal vapor compression for its integration into a Rankine
cycle power block, Desalination, 394 (2016) 18–29.
- G. Mohan, S. Dahal, U.K. Nutakki, A.R. Martin, H. Kayal,
Development of natural gas fired combined cycle plant for
tri-generation of power, cooling and clean water using waste
heat recovery: techno-economic analysis, Energies, 7 (2014)
- M. Akbari, S.M.S. Mahmoudi, M. Yari, M.A. Rosen, Energy
and exergy analyses of a new combined cycle for producing
electricity and desalinated water using geothermal energy,
Sustainability, 6 (2014) 1796–1820.
- U. Sahoo, R. Kumar, P.C. Pant, R. Chaudhury, Scope and
sustainability of hybrid solar–biomass power plant with
cooling, desalination in polygeneration process in India,
Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 51 (2015) 304–316.
- M. Ameri, M. Jorjani, Performance assessment and multiobjective
optimization of an integrated organic Rankine cycle
and multi-effect desalination system, Desalination, 392 (2016)
- M. Salimi, M. Amidpour, Investigating the integration of
desalination units into cogeneration systems utilizing R-curve
tool, Desalination, 419 (2017) 49–59.
- S.M. Alelyani, J.A. Sherbeck, N.W. Fette, Y. Wang, P.E. Phelan,
Assessment of a novel heat-driven cycle to produce shaft power
and refrigeration, Appl. Energy, 215 (2018) 751–764.
- Y.A. Cengel, M.A. Boles, Thermodynamics: an engineering
approach, Sea, 1000 (2002) 8862.
- J.M. Michael, N.S. Howard, Fundamentals of Engineering
Thermodynamics, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2011.
- A. Hatzikioseyian, R. Vidali, P. Kousi, Modelling and
Thermodynamic Analysis of a Multi Effect Distillation (MED)
Plant for Seawater Desalination, National Technical University
of Athens (NTUA), Greece, 2003.
- K.M. Bataineh, Multi-effect desalination plant combined with
thermal compressor driven by steam generated by solar energy,
Desalination, 385 (2016) 39–52.
- S.M. Alelyani, N.W. Fette, E.B. Stechel, P. Doron, P.E. Phelan,
Techno-economic analysis of combined ammonia-water
absorption refrigeration and desalination, Energy Convers.
Manage., 143 (2017) 493–504.
- M. Rosen, M. Le, Efficiency Measures for Processes Integrating
Combined Heat and Power and District Cooling, in
Thermodynamics and the Design, Analysis, and Improvement
of Energy Systems, AES Vol. 35, ASME, New York, 1995, pp.
- S. Kang, H. Li, J. Lei, L. Liu, B. Cai, G. Zhang, A new utilization
approach of the waste heat with mid-low temperature in the
combined heating and power system integrating heat pump,
Appl. Energy, 160 (2015) 185–193.
- W. Han, Q. Chen, R. Lin, H. Jin, Assessment of off-design
performance of a small-scale combined cooling and power
system using an alternative operating strategy for gas turbine,
Appl. Energy, 138 (2015) 160–168.
- H. Li, S. Kang, L. Lu, L. Liu, X. Zhang, G. Zhang, Optimal
design and analysis of a new CHP-HP integrated system,
Energy Convers. Manage., 146 (2017) 217–227.
- F. Verdier, MENA Regional Water Outlook. Part II Desalination
Using Renewable Energy Task 1–Desalination Potential,
Fichtner, Stuttgart, Germany, 2011.
- A. Al-Karaghouli, L.L. Kazmerski, Energy consumption and
water production cost of conventional and renewable-energypowered
desalination processes, Renewable Sustainable Energy
Rev., 24 (2013) 343–356.
- P. Gandhidasan, A simplified model for air dehumidification
with liquid desiccant, Sol. Energy, 76 (2004) 409–416.
- P. Gandhidasan, Quick performance prediction of liquid
desiccant regeneration in a packed bed, Sol. Energy, 79 (2005)
- A. Khalil, M. Fatouh, E. Elgendy, Ejector design and theoretical
study of R134a ejector refrigeration cycle, Int. J. Refrig., 34
- S. Varga, A.C. Oliveira, B. Diaconu, Analysis of a solar-assisted
ejector cooling system for air conditioning, Int. J. Low Carbon
Technol., 4 (2009) 2–8.
- F.N. Alasfour, A.O.B. Amer, The feasibility of integrating
ME-TVC+MEE with Azzour South Power Plant: economic
evaluation, Desalination, 197 (2006) 33–49.
- N. Kahraman, Y.A. Cengel, Exergy analysis of a MSF distillation
plant, Energy Convers. Manage., 46 (2005) 2625–2636.
- I.J. Esfahani, Y.T. Kang, C. Yoo, A high efficient combined
multi-effect evaporation–absorption heat pump and vaporcompression
refrigeration part 1: energy and economic
modeling and analysis, Energy, 75 (2014) 312–326.
- K.H. Mistry, R.K. McGovern, G.P. Thiel, E.K. Summers,
S.M. Zubair, J.H. Lienhard, Entropy generation analysis of
desalination technologies, Entropy, 13 (2011) 1829–1864.
- C. Vetter, H.-J. Wiemer, D. Kuhn, Comparison of sub- and
supercritical Organic Rankine Cycles for power generation from
low-temperature/low-enthalpy geothermal wells, considering
specific net power output and efficiency, Appl. Therm. Eng., 51
- S. Quoilin, M. Van Den Broek, S. Declaye, P. Dewallef, V.
Lemort, Techno-economic survey of Organic Rankine Cycle
(ORC) systems, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 22 (2013)
- S.R. Turns, An Introduction to Combustion, McGraw-Hill, New