- K. Naseem, Z.H. Farooqi, R. Begum, A. Irfan, Removal of
Congo red dye from aqueous medium by its catalytic reduction
using sodium borohydride in the presence of various inorganic
nano-catalysts: a review, J. Cleaner Prod., 187 (2018) 296–307.
- A. Mittal, J. Mittal, A. Malviya, V.K. Gupta, Adsorptive removal
of hazardous anionic dye Congo red from wastewater using
waste materials and recovery by desorption, J. Colloid Interface
Sci., 340 (2009) 16–26.
- C. Namasivayam, D. Kavitha, Removal of Congo Red from
water by adsorption onto activated carbon prepared from coir
pith, an agricutural solid waste, Dyes Pigm., 54 (2002) 47–58.
- J. Xu, D. Xu, B. Zhu, B. Cheng, C. Jiang, Applied Surface Science
Adsorptive removal of an anionic dye Congo red by flowerlike
hierarchical magnesium oxide (MgO)-graphene oxide
composite microspheres, Appl. Surf. Sci., 435 (2018) 1136–1142.
- M. Shaban, M.R. Abukhadra, A. Hamd, R.R. Amin, A. Abdel,
Photocatalytic removal of Congo red dye using MCM-48/Ni2O3
composite synthesized based on silica gel extracted from rice
husk ash ; fabrication and application, J. Environ. Manage., 204
- G. Zhang, L. Yi, H. Deng, P. Sun, Dyes adsorption using
a synthetic carboxymethyl cellulose-acrylic acid adsorbent,
J. Environ. Sci., 26 (2014) 1203–1211.
- C. Lei, M. Pi, C. Jiang, B. Cheng, J. Yu, Synthesis of hierarchical
porous zinc oxide (ZnO) microspheres with highly efficient
adsorption of Congo red, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 490 (2017)
- R. Miandad, R. Kumar, M.A. Barakat, C. Basheer, A.S.
Aburiazaiza, A.S. Nizami, M. Rehan, Untapped conversion of
plastic waste char into carbon-metal LDOs for the adsorption of
Congo red, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 511 (2018) 402–410.
- M. Hernández-Zamora, E. Cristiani-Urbina, F. Martínez-
Jerónimo, H.V. Perales-Vela, T. Ponce-Noyola, M.C. Montes-
Horcasitas, R.O. Cañizares-Villanueva, Bioremoval of the azo
dye Congo Red by the microalga Chlorella vulgaris, 22 (2015)
- A. Maria, S. Solano, S. Garcia-Segura, C.A. Martínez-Huitle,
E. Brillas, Degradation of acidic aqueous solutions of the
diazo dye Congo Red by photo-assisted electrochemical
processes based on Fenton’s reaction chemistry, Appl. Catal., B,
168–169 (2015) 559–571.
- S. Li, L. Zhang, J. Wang, B. Wang, Y. Li, C. Ma, Degradation of
Congo red induced by air-bubbles in the presence of nanometer
TiO2 powders, Desal. Wat. Treat., 53 (2015) 836–843.
- L. Singh, P. Rekha, S. Chand, Cu-impregnated zeolite Y as
highly active and stable heterogeneous Fenton-like catalyst for
degradation of Congo red dye, Sep. Purif. Technol., 170 (2016)
- D. Malwal, P. Gopinath, Enhanced photocatalytic activity
of hierarchical three dimensional metal oxide@CuO nanostructures
towards the degradation of Congo red dye under
solar radiation, Catal. Sci. Technol., 12 (2016) 4458–4472.
- X. Tian, C. Li, H. Yang, Z. Ye, H. Xu, Spent mushroom: a new
low-cost adsorbent for removal of Congo Red from aqueous
solutions, Desal. Wat. Treat., 27 (2011) 319–326.
- M.I. Din, Z. Hussain, M.L. Mirza, M.M. Athar, A. Madni,
S. Ahmad, Biosorption of toxic congo red dye from aqueous
solution by eco-friendly biosorbent Saccharum bengalense:
kinetics and thermodynamics, Desal. Wat. Treat., 51 (2013)
- K.G. Bhattacharyya, S.S. Gupta, G.K. Sarma, Kinetics,
equilibrium isotherms and thermodynamics of adsorption
of Congo red onto natural and acid-treated kaolinite and
montmorillonite, Desal. Wat. Treat., 53 (2015) 530–542.
- E.L. Zhang, X.J. Sun, X.T. Liu, Q.D. Wang, Morphology
controlled synthesis of α-FeOOH crystals and their shapedependent
adsorption for decontamination of Congo red dye,
Mater. Res. Innovations, 19 (2015) 385–391.
- L.D. Bortoli, S.M. Palácio, E. Hermes, D.C. Zenatti, M.T. Veit, E.A.
Campos, Removal of silver nanoparticles coated with different
stabilizers from aqueous medium by electrocoagulation,
Environ. Technol., (2019), doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2018.1521877.
- S. Netpradit, P. Thiravetyan, S. Towprayoon, Application of
‘waste’ metal hydroxide sludge for adsorption of azo reactive
dyes, Water Res., 37 (2003) 763–772.
- T.M. Adyel, S.H. Rahman, M. Khan, S.M.N. Islam, Analysis
of heavy metal in electrocoagulated metal hydroxide sludge
(EMHS) from the textile industry by energy dispersive X-ray
fluorescence (EDXRF), Metals, 2 (2012) 478–487.
- L. Luo, W. Cai, J. Zhou, Y. Li, Facile synthesis of boehmite/PVA
composite membrane with enhanced adsorption performance
towards Cr(VI), J. Hazard. Mater., 318 (2016) 452–459.
- X. Cai, B. Han, S. Deng, Y. Wang, C. Dong, Y. Wang, I. Djerdj,
Hydrothermal growth of ZnO nanorods on Zn substrates and
their application in degradation of azo dyes under ambient
conditions, Cryst. Eng. Commun., 16 (2014) 7761–7770.
- K. Koichumanova, K.B. Sai Sankar Gupta, L. Lefferts, B.L. Mojet,
K. Seshan, An in situ ATR-IR spectroscopy study of aluminas
under aqueous phase reforming conditions, Phys. Chem.
Chem. Phys., 17 (2015) 23795–23804.
- M. Hajjami, A. Ghorbani-Choghamarani, R. Ghafouri-Nejad,
B. Tahmasbi, Efficient preparation of boehmite silica dopamine
sulfamic acid as a novel nanostructured compound and its
application as a catalyst in some organic reactions, New
J. Chem., 40 (2016) 3066–3074.
- J. Dai, X.H. Liu, Y.J. Xiao, J.H. Yang, P.K. Qi, J. Wang, Y. Wang,
Z.W. Zhou, High hydrophilicity and excellent adsorption
ability of a stretched polypropylene/graphene oxide composite
membrane achieved by plasma assisted surface modification,
RSC Adv., 5 (2015) 71240–71252.
- J. Zhang, Z. Yan, J. Ouyang, H. Yang, D. Chen, Highly dispersed
sepiolite-based organic modified nanofibers for enhanced
adsorption of Congo red, Appl. Clay Sci., 157 (2018) 76–85.
- F. Granados-Correa, J. Jiménez-Becerril, Chromium (VI)
adsorption on boehmite, J. Hazard. Mater., 162 (2009) 1178–1184.
- M.T. Yagub, T.K. Sen, S. Afroze, H.M. Ang, Dye and its removal
from aqueous solution by adsorption: a review, Adv. Colloid
Interface Sci., 209 (2014) 172–84.
- M. Dogˇ an, H. Abak, M. Alkan, Adsorption of methylene
blue onto hazelnut shell: kinetics, mechanism and activation
parameters, J. Hazard. Mater., 164 (2009) 172–181.
- M.A.M. Salleh, D.K. Mahmoud, W.A.W.A. Karim, A. Idris,
Cationic and anionic dye adsorption by agricultural solid
wastes: a comprehensive review, Desalination, 280 (2011) 1–13.
- Z. Jin, X. Wang, Y. Sun, Y. Ai, X. Wang, Adsorption of
4-n-nonylphenol and bisphenol-A on magnetic reduced
graphene oxides: a combined experimental and theoretical
studies, Environ. Sci. Technol., 49 (2015) 9168–9175.
- J. Fu, Z. Chen, M. Wang, S. Liu, J. Zhang, J. Zhang, R. Han,
Q. Xu, Adsorption of methylene blue by a high-efficiency
adsorbent (polydopamine microspheres): kinetics, isotherm,
thermodynamics and mechanism analysis, Chem. Eng. J., 259
- N.K. Mondal, S. Kar, Potentiality of banana peel for removal of
Congo red dye from aqueous solution: isotherm, kinetics and
thermodynamics, Appl. Water Sci., 8 (2018) 157.
- M.I. Khan, S. Akthar, S. Zafar, A. Shaheen, Removal of Congo
Red from aqueous solution by anion exchange membrane
(EBTAC): adsorption kinetics and thermodynamics, Materials,
8 (2015) 4147–4161.
- F.A. Pavan, S.L.P. Dias, E.C. Lima, E.V. Benvenutti, Removal
of Congo red from aqueous solution by anilinepropylsilica
xerogel, Dyes Pigm., 76 (2008) 64–69.
- S. Dawood, T.K. Sen, Removal of anionic dye Congo red from
aqueous solution by raw pine and acid-treated pine cone
powder as adsorbent: equilibrium, thermodynamic, kinetics,
mechanism and process design, Water Res., 46 (2012) 1933–1946.
- E. Bulut, M. Özacar, I.A. Şengil, Adsorption of malachite green
onto bentonite: equilibrium and kinetic studies and process
design, Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 115 (2008) 234–246.
- A. Asfaram, M. Ghaedi, A. Goudarzi, M. Rajabi, Response
surface methodology approach for optimization of simultaneous
dye and metal ion ultrasound-assisted adsorption onto Mn
doped Fe3O4-NPs loaded on AC: kinetic and isothermal studies,
Dalton Trans., 44 (2015) 14707–14723.
- W. Qu, Q. Hu, Y. Zhu, J. Peng, L. Zhang, Microwave-assited
regeneration of spent activated carbon containing zinc acetate
and its application for removal of congo red, Desal. Wat. Treat.,
57 (2016) 28496–28511.
- X. Liu, S. An, Y. Wang, Q. Yang, L. Zhang, Rapid selective
separation and recovery of a specific target dye from
mixture consisted of different dyes by magnetic Ca-ferrites
nanoparticles, Chem. Eng. J., 262 (2015) 517–526.
- S. Vahidhabanu, A.A. Idowu, D. Karuppasamy, B.R. Babu,
M. Vineetha, Microwave initiated facile formation of sepiolitepoly(
dimethylsiloxane) nanohybrid for effective removal of
congo red dye from aqueous solution, ACS Sustainable Chem.
Eng., 5 (2017) 10361–10370.
- B. Cheng, Y. Le, W. Cai, J. Yu, Synthesis of hierarchical
Ni(OH)2 and NiO nanosheets and their adsorption kinetics and
isotherms to Congo red in water, J. Hazard. Mater., 185 (2011)
- J. Febrianto, A.N. Kosasih, J. Sunarso, Y.H. Ju, N. Indraswati,
S. Ismadji, Equilibrium and kinetic studies in adsorption of
heavy metals using biosorbent: a summary of recent studies,
J. Hazard. Mater., 162 (2009) 616–645.
- I.A.W. Tan, A.L. Ahmad, B.H. Hameed, Adsorption of basic
dye on high-surface-area activated carbon prepared from
coconut husk: equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies,
J. Hazard. Mater., 154 (2008) 337–346.
- P. Senthil Kumar, S. Ramalingam, C. Senthamarai, M. Niranjanaa,
P. Vijayalakshmi, S. Sivanesan, Adsorption of dye from
aqueous solution by cashew nut shell: studies on equilibrium
isotherm, kinetics and thermodynamics of interactions,
Desalination, 261 (2010) 52–60.