- D.S. Lantagne, B.C. Blount, F. Cardinali, R. Quick, Disinfection
by-product formation and mitigation strategies in point-of-use
chlorination of turbid and non-turbid waters in Western
Kenya, J. Water Health, 6 (2008) 67–82.
- D.E. Helbling, J.M. Vanbriesen, Free chlorine demand and
cell survival of microbial suspensions, Water Res., 41 (2007)
- L. Akhigbe, S. Ouki, D. Saroj, Removal of Escherichia coli and
heavy metals from aqueous solutions using silver-modified
clinoptilolite, Desal. Wat. Treat., 55 (2015) 777–782.
- J.M. Rangel, B. Lopez, M.A. Mejia, C. Mendoza, S. Luby, A novel
technology to improve drinking water quality: a microbiological
evaluation of in-home flocculation and chlorination in rural
Guatemala, J. Water Health, 1 (2003) 15–22.
- A.E. Aboubaraka, E.F. Aboelfetoh, E.Z.M. Ebeid, Coagulation
effectiveness of graphene oxide for the removal of turbidity
from raw surface water, Chemosphere, 181 (2017) 738–746.
- P.V. Nidheesh, M. Zhou, M.A. Oturan, An overview on the
removal of synthetic dyes from water by electrochemical advanced
oxidation processes, Chemosphere, 197 (2018) 210–227.
- M. Jayapal, H. Jagadeesan, M. Shanmugam, J.P. Danisha,
S. Murugesan, Sequential anaerobic-aerobic treatment using
plant microbe integrated system for degradation of azo dyes
and their aromatic amines by-products, J. Hazard. Mater.,
354 (2018) 231–243.
- G. Sruthi, M.M. Ahammed, A.R. Makwana, Effect of source
water/wastewater quality on bacterial removal during electrocoagulation,
Water Sci. Technol., 77 (2018) 1460–1468.
- R.B. Fabres, R.B. da Luz, M.C. Soliman, R. Staggemeier,
J.D. Fleck, C.A.D. Nascimento, F.T.D. Nascimento, F.R. Spilki,
Evaluation of virus recovery methods and efficiency of tannin-derived
coagulants in removing total coliforms, E. coli and
enteric viruses in effluents of a domestic sewage treatment
plant, Water Sci. Technol., 76 (2017) 2195–2202.
- P. Taylor, B. Chakraborty, L. Ray, S. Basu, Biochemical degradation
of Methylene Blue using a continuous reactor packed
with solid waste by E. coli and Bacillus subtilis isolated from
wetland soil, Desal. Wat. Treat., 54 (2015) 14077–14082.
- J. Wang, M. Sui, B. Yuan, H. Li, H. Lu, Inactivation of two
Mycobacteria by free chlorine: effectiveness, influencing factors,
and mechanisms, Sci. Total Environ., 648 (2019) 271–284.
- N. Hilal, M. Al-Abri, H. Al-Hinai, Enhanced membrane pretreatment
processes using macromolecular adsorption and
coagulation in desalination plants: a review, Sep. Sci. Technol.,
41 (2014) 403–453.
- J.J. Macauley, Z. Qiang, C.D. Adams, R. Surampalli, M.R. Mormile,
Disinfection of swine wastewater using chlorine, ultraviolet
light and ozone, Water Res., 40 (2006) 2017–2026.
- Y. Luo, B. Gao, Q. Yue, R. Li, Application of enteromorpha
polysaccharides as coagulant aid in the simultaneous removal
of CuO nanoparticles and Cu2+: effect of humic acid concentration,
Chemosphere, 204 (2018) 492–500.
- H.K. Shon, S. Vigneswaran, I.S. Kim, J. Cho, G.J. Kim, J.B. Kim,
J.H. Kim, Preparation of titanium dioxide (TiO2) from sludge
produced by titanium tetrachloride (TiCl4) flocculation of
wastewater, Environ. Sci. Technol., 41 (2007) 1372–1377.
- Y.X. Zhao, B.Y. Gao, H.Y. Rong, H.K. Shon, J.H. Kim, Q.Y. Yue,
Y. Wang, The impacts of coagulant aid-polydimethyldiallylammonium
chloride on coagulation performances and floc
characteristics in humic acid–kaolin synthetic water treatment
with titanium tetrachloride, Chem. Eng. J., 173 (2011) 376–384.
- S. Hussain, J. van Leeuwen, C.W.K. Chow, R. Aryal, S. Beecham,
J. Duan, M. Drikas, Comparison of the coagulation performance
of tetravalent titanium and zirconium salts with alum,
Chem. Eng. J., 254 (2014) 635–646.
- E. Christensen, M. Myrmel, Coagulant residues’ influence on
virus enumeration as shown in a study on virus removal using
aluminium, zirconium and chitosan, J. Water Health, 16 (2018)
- P. Jarvis, E. Sharp, M. Pidou, R. Molinder, S.A. Parsons,
B. Jefferson, Comparison of coagulation performance and floc
properties using a novel zirconium coagulant against traditional
ferric and alum coagulants, Water Res., 46 (2012) 4179–4187.
- E. Christensen, V. Nilsen, T. Hakonsen, A. Heistad, C. Gantzer,
L.J. Robertson, M. Myrmel, Removal of model viruses, E. coli and Cryptosporidium oocysts from surface water by zirconium
and chitosan coagulants, J. Water Health, 15 (2017) 695–705.
- W. Wang, P. Feng, Q. Yang, W. Wang, X. Wang, Effects of
sodium, magnesium, and calcium salts on the coagulation
performance of cucurbit  uril for humic acid removal from
synthetic seawater, Desalination, 386 (2016) 77–83.
- Y.X. Zhao, B.Y. Gao, G.Z. Zhang, Q.B. Qi, Y. Wang, S. Phuntsho,
J.H. Kim, H.K. Shon, Q.Y. Yue, Q. Li, Coagulation and sludge
recovery using titanium tetrachloride as coagulant for real
water treatment: a comparison against traditional aluminum
and iron salts, Sep. Purif. Technol., 130 (2014) 19–27.
- M.R. Shortis, S. Robson, T.W. Jones, B. Lunsford, J.F. Oliveira,
Payload Systems and Tracking Algorithms for Photogrammetric
Measurement of parachute shape, Proc. SPIE - International
Society for Optical Engineering, Vol. 7447, 2009, pp. 1495–1496.
- APHA, WEF, AWWA, Standard Methods for the Examination
of Water and Wastewater, 1 (2012) 1767–1772.
- C. Ye, D. Wang, B. Shi, J. Yu, J. Qu, M. Edwards, H. Tang,
Alkalinity effect of coagulation with polyaluminum chlorides:
role of electrostatic patch, Colloids Surf., A, 294 (2007) 163–173.
- B. Deng, H. Luo, Z. Jiang, Z.J. Jiang, M. Liu, Co-polymerization
of polysilicic-zirconium with enhanced coagulation properties
for water purification, Sep. Purif. Technol., 200 (2018) 59–67.
- K. Zhang, K. Farahbakhsh, Removal of native coliphages
and coliform bacteria from municipal wastewater by various
wastewater treatment processes: implications to water reuse,
Water Res., 41 (2007) 2816–2824.
- L. Chekli, E. Corjon, S.A.A. Tabatabai, G. Naidu, B. Tamburic,
S.H. Park, H.K. Shon, Performance of titanium salts compared
to conventional FeCl3 for the removal of algal organic matter
(AOM) in synthetic seawater: coagulation performance, organic
fraction removal and floc characteristics, J. Environ. Manage.,
201 (2017) 28–36.
- R. Sanghi, B. Bhattacharya, A. Dixit, V. Singh, Ipomoea
dasysperma seed gum: an effective natural coagulant for the
decolorization of textile dye solutions, J. Environ. Manage.,
81 (2006) 36–41.
- R. Sanghi, B. Bhattacharya, V. Singh, Use of Cassia javahikai
seed gum and gum-g-polyacrylamide as coagulant aid for the
decolorization of textile dye solutions, Bioresour. Technol.,
97 (2006) 1259–1264.
- J. Naceradska, K. Novotna, L. Cermakova, T. Cajthaml, M. Pivokonsky,
Investigating the coagulation of non-proteinaceous
algal organic matter: optimizing coagulation performance and
identification of removal mechanisms, J. Environ. Sci., 79 (2019)
- Z. Yang, B. Liu, B. Gao, Y. Wang, Q. Yue, Effect of Al species
in polyaluminum silicate chloride (PASiC) on its coagulation
performance in humic acid-kaolin synthetic water, Sep. Purif.
Technol., 111 (2013) 119–124.
- M. Šćiban, M. Klašnja, M. Antov, B. Škrbić, Removal of water
turbidity by natural coagulants obtained from chestnut and
acorn, Bioresour. Technol., 100 (2009) 6639–6643.
- S. Andotra, S. Kumar, M. Kour, N. Kalgotra, Spectroscopic,
thermal, quantum chemical calculations and in vitro biological
studies of titanium/zirconium (IV) complexes of mono-and
disubstituted aryldithiocarbonates, J. Mol. Struct., 1155 (2018)