- P. Xu, H. Xu, D. Zheng, The efficiency and mechanism in a
novel electro-Fenton process assisted by anodic photo catalysis
on advanced treatment of coal gasification wastewater,
Chem. Eng. J., 361 (2019) 968–974.
- E. Rava, E. Chirwa, P. Allison, M.V. Niekerk, M.P. Augustyn,
Removal of hard COD, nitrogenous compounds and phenols
from a high-strength coal gasification wastewater stream,
Water SA, 41 (2015) 441–447.
- J. Shi, Y. Han, C. Xu, H. Han, Biological coupling process for
treatment of toxic and refractory compounds in coal gasification
wastewater, Rev. Environ. Sci. Bio., 17 (2018) 765–790.
- Z. Wang, X. Xu, J. Chen, F. Yang, Treatment of Lurgi coal gasification
wastewater in pre-denitrification anaerobic and aerobic
biofilm process, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 1 (2013) 899–905.
- S. Wang, K. Xiao, X. Huang, Characterizing the roles of organic
and inorganic foulants in RO membrane fouling development:
The case of coal chemical wastewater treatment, Sep. Purif.
Technol., 210 (2019) 1008–1016.
- Q. Ji, S. Tabassum, S. Hena, C.G. Silva, G. Yu, Z. Zhang, A review
on the coal gasification wastewater treatment technologies: past,
present and future outlook, J. Clean. Prod., 126 (2016) 38–55.
- S. Yang, F. Yang, Z. Fu, R. Lei, Comparison between a moving
bed membrane bioreactor and a conventional membrane
bioreactor on organic carbon and nitrogen removal, Bioresour.
Technol., 100 (2009) 2369–2374.
- M. Sandip, V. Kalyanraman, Enhanced simultaneous nitri-denitrification
in aerobic moving bed biofilm reactor containing
polyurethane foam-based carrier media, Water Sci. Technol.,
79 (2019) 510–517.
- W. Li, Y.J. Li, S.M.Y. Lee, K.M. Mok, T. Hao, Nitrogen removal
in moving bed sequencing batch reactors with polyurethane
foam cube and Luffa sponge carrier materials, J. Environ. Eng.,
145 (2019) 04019025.
- D. Liu, C. Li, H. Guo, X. Kong, L. Lan, H. Xu, S. Zhu, Z. Ye,
Start-up evaluations and biocarriers transfer from a trickling filter
to a moving bed bioreactor for synthetic mariculture wastewater
treatment, Chemosphere, 218 (2019) 696–704.
- S. Alizadeh, S. Ghoshal, Y. Comeau, Fate and inhibitory effect
of silver nanoparticles in high rate moving bed biofilm reactors,
Sci. Total Environ., 647 (2019) 1199–1210.
- S.H. Hosseini, S.M. Borghei, The treatment of phenolic wastewater
using a moving bed bio-reactor, Process Biochem., 40
- J.F. Gao, X.H. Liu, X.Y. Fan, H.H. Dai, Effects of triclosan on
performance, microbial community and antibiotic resistance
genes during partial denitrification in a sequencing moving
bed biofilm reactor, Bioresour. Technol., 281 (2019) 326–334.
- A.A.L. Zinatizadeh, E. Ghaytooli, Simultaneous nitrogen
and carbon removal from wastewater at different operating
conditions in a moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR): process
modeling and optimization, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. E., 53 (2015)
- L. Ye, D. Li, J. Zhang, H. Zeng, Start-up and performance of
partial nitritation process using short-term starvation, Bioresour.
Technol., 276 (2019) 190–198.
- F.J.D. Chua, F. Sun, M. Mukherjee, Y. Zhou, Comparison of
nitrous oxide emission between a partial and full nitrification
enriched ammonia-oxidising culture, Chemosphere, 220
- American Public Health Association, and American Water
Works Association, Standard methods for the examination of
water and waste water, American Public Health Association,
- H.Q. Li, H.J. Han, M.A. Du, W. Wang, Removal of phenols,
thiocyanate and ammonium from coal gasification wastewater
using moving bed biofilm reactor, Bioresour. Technol., 102
- I. Vázquez, J. Rodríguez, E. Marañón, L. Castrillón, Y. Fernández,
Simultaneous removal of phenol, ammonium and thiocyanate
from coke wastewater by aerobic biodegradation, J.
Hazard. Mater., 137 (2006) 1773–1780.
- H.A. Painter, Review of literature on inorganic nitrogen
metabolism in microorganisms, Water Res., 4 (1970) 393–450.
- O. Turk, D.S. Mavinic, Maintaining nitrite build-up in a system
acclimated to free ammonia, Water Res., 23 (1989) 1383–1388.
- J. López-Fiuza, B. Buys, A. Mosquera-Corral, F. Omil, R. Méndez,
Toxic effects exerted on methanogenic, nitrifying and
denitrifying bacteria by chemicals used in a milk analysis laboratory,
Enzyme Microb. Technol., 31 (2002) 976–985.
- J.A. Torà, J. Lafuente, J.A. Baeza, J. Carrera, Combined effect of
inorganic carbon limitation and inhibition by free ammonia
and free nitrous acid on ammonia oxidizing bacteria, Bioresour.
Technol., 101 (2010) 6051–6058.
- Q. Gu, T. Sun, G. Wu, M. Li, W. Qiu, Influence of carrier filling
ratio on the performance of moving bed biofilm reactor
in treating coking wastewater, Bioresour. Technol., 166 (2014)
- Y.M. Kim, D. Park, D.S. Lee, J.M. Park, Inhibitory effects of
toxic compounds on nitrification process for cokes wastewater
treatment, J Hazard. Mater., 152 (2008) 915–921.
- B.P. Sahariah, S. Chakraborty, Kinetic analysis of phenol, thiocyanate
and ammonia-nitrogen removals in an anaerobic-anoxic-
aerobic moving bed bioreactor system, J. Hazard. Mater.,
190 (2011) 260–267.
- V.C. Stamoudis, R.G. Luthy, Determination of biological removal
of organic constituents in quench waters from high-BTU
coal-gasification pilot plants, Water Res., 14 (1980) 1143–1156.
- E. Pehlivanoglu-Mantas, D.L. Sedlak, Measurement of dissolved
organic nitrogen forms in wastewater effluents: Concentrations,
size distribution and NDMA formation potential,
Water Res., 42 (2008) 3890–3898.
- H. Simsek, M. Kasi, J.B. Ohm, M. Blonigen, E. Khan, Bioavailable
and biodegradable dissolved organic nitrogen in activated
sludge and trickling filter wastewater treatment plants,
Water Res., 47 (2013) 3201–3210.
- L. Amor, M. Eiroa, C. Kennes, M.C. Veiga, Phenol biodegradation
and its effect on the nitrification process, Water Res., 39
- Y.M. Li, G.W. Gu, J.F. Zhao, H.Q. Yu, Y.L. Qiu, Y.Z. Peng, Treatment
of coke-plant wastewater by biofilm systems for removal
of organic compounds and nitrogen, Chemosphere, 52 (2003)
- Z. Wang, X. Xu, Z. Gong, F. Yang, Removal of COD, phenols
and ammonium from Lurgi coal gasification wastewater
using A2O-MBR system, J. Hazard. Mater., 235–236 (2012)
- Y.S. Jeong, J.S. Chung, Simultaneous removal of COD, thiocyanate,
cyanide and nitrogen from coal process wastewater
using fluidized biofilm process, Process Biochem., 41 (2006)
- Y.M. Kim, D. Park, C.O. Jeon, D.S. Lee, J.M. Park, Effect of HRT
on the biological pre-denitrification process for the simultaneous
removal of toxic pollutants from cokes wastewater, Bioresour.
Technol., 99 (2008) 8824–8832.