- T.Y. Wu, A.W. Mohammad, J.M. Jahim, N. Anuar, Pollution
control technologies for the treatment of palm oil mill effluent
(POME) through end-of-pipe processes, J. Environ. Manage.,
91 (2010) 1467–1490.
- R. Mohamed, A. Al-Gheethi, A. Abdulrahman, M.S. Sainudin,
S.A. Bakar, A.H.M. Kassim, Optimization of ceramic waste filter
for bathroom greywater treatment using central composite
design (CCD), J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 6 (2018) 1578–1588.
- P.F. Rupani, R.P. Singh, M.H. Ibrahim, N. Esa, Review of
current palm oil mill effluent (POME) treatment methods:
vermicomposting as a sustainable practice, World Appl. Sci. J.,
11 (2010) 70–81.
- P. Gani, N.M. Sunar, H. Matias-Peralta, U.K. Parjo,
A.A. Oyekanmi, Green Approach in the Bio-removal of Heavy
Metals from Wastewaters, In MATEC Web of Conferences, Vol.
103, 2017, p. 06007.
- A.H. Ibrahim, I. Dahlan, A.F. Dasti, Comparative study on
characterization of Malaysian palm oil mill effluent, Res.
J. Chem. Sci., 2 (2012) 1–5.
- Y.Y. Choong, K.W. Chou, I. Norli, Strategies for improving
biogas production of palm oil mill effluent (POME) anaerobic
digestion: a critical review, Renew. Sust. Energy Rev., 82 (2018)
- G.D. Najafpour, A.A.L. Zinatizadeh, A.R. Mohamed,
M.H. Isa, H. Nasrollahzadeh, High-rate anaerobic digestion of
palm oil mill effluent in an upflow anaerobic sludge-fixed film
bioreactor, Process Biochem., 41 (2006) 370–379.
- J.D. Bala, J. Lalung, N. Ismail, Palm oil mill effluent (POME)
treatment microbial communities in an anaerobic digester: a
review, IJSRP, 4 (2014) 1–24.
- C.K. Cheng, M.R. Derahman, M.R. Khan, Evaluation of the
photocatalytic degradation of pre-treated palm oil mill effluent
(POME) over Pt-loaded titania, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 3 (2015)
- T.Y. Wu, A.W. Mohammad, J.M. Jahim, N. Anuar, Palm oil mill
effluent (POME) treatment and bioresources recovery using
ultrafiltration membrane: effect of pressure on membrane
fouling, Biochem. Eng. J., 35 (2007) 309–317.
- A.L. Ahmad, S. Ismail, N. Ibrahim, S. Bhatia, Removal of
suspended solids and residual oil from palm oil mill effluent,
J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 78 (2003) 971–978.
- M.A. Rosli, Z. Daud, H. Awang, A. Zainorabidin, A.A. Halim,
The effectiveness of peat-AC composite adsorbent in removing
SS, colour and Fe from landfill leachate, IJIE, 9 (2017) 35–38.
- N.A. Aziz, N. Jayasuriya, L. Fan, M.A. Zakaria, F. Pakir,
Z. Daud, O. Adeleke, N. Ismail, Effects of solution matrix on
Moringa oleifera seeds and banana peel in eliminating heavy
metals, fluoride and turbidity from synthetic groundwater
samples, IJIE, 10 (2018) 68–73.
- A.A.A. Latiff, O. Adeleke AbdulRahman, Z. Daud,
M.B. Ridzuan, M. Daud, N. Falilah, Batch adsorption of
manganese from palm oil mill effluent onto activated cow
bone powder, JEAS, 11 (2015) 2627–2631.
- R.R. Mohammed, M.F. Chong, Treatment and decolorization
of biologically treated palm oil mill effluent (POME) using
banana peel as novel biosorbent, J. Environ. Manage., 132 (2014)
- O. Adeleke AbdulRahman, A.A.A. Latiff, Z. Daud,
N.F.M. Daud, M.K. Aliyu, Heavy metal removal from wastewater
of palm oil mill using developed activated carbon from coconut
shell and cow bones, Key Eng. Mater., 737 (2017) 428–432.
- M. Pirsaheb, Z. Rezai, A.M. Mansouri, A. Rastegar, A. Alahabadi,
A.R. Sani, K. Sharafi, Preparation of the activated carbon
from India shrub wood and their application for methylene
blue removal: modeling and optimization, Desal. Wat. Treat.,
57 (2016) 5888–5902.
- N. Mirzaei, H.R. Ghaffari, K. Sharafi, A. Velayati,
G. Hoseindoost, S. Rezaei, K. Dindarloo, Modified natural
zeolite using ammonium quaternary based material for Acid
red 18 removal from aqueous solution, J. Environ. Chem. Eng.,
5 (2017) 3151–3160.
- M. Moradi, M. Fazlzadehdavil, M. Pirsaheb, Y. Mansouri,
T. Khosravi, K. Sharafi, Response surface methodology (RSM)
and its application for optimization of ammonium ions removal
from aqueous solutions by pumice as a natural and low cost
adsorbent, Arch. Environ. Prot., 42 (2016) 33–43.
- M. Moradi, M. Soltanian, M. Pirsaheb, K. Sharafi, S. Soltanian,
A. Mozafari, The efficiency study of pumice powder to
lead removal from the aquatic environment: isotherms and
kinetics of the reaction, J. Mazandaran Univ. Med. Sci.,
23 (2014) 65–75.
- M. Moradi, A.M. Mansouri, N. Azizi, J. Amini, K. Karimi,
K. Sharafi, Adsorptive removal of phenol from aqueous
solutions by copper (cu)-modified scoria powder: process
modeling and kinetic evaluation, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016)
- E.E. Meyer, K.J. Rosenberg, J. Israelachvili, Recent progress in
understanding hydrophobic interactions, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.,
103 (2006) 15739–15746.
- A.A. Oyekanmi, Z. Daud, N.M. Daud, P. Gani, Adsorption of
Heavy Metal from Palm Oil Mill Effluent on the Mixed Media
Used for the Preparation of Composite Adsorbent, In MATEC
Web of Conferences, Vol. 103, 2017, p. 06020.
- C.W. Cheung, J.F. Porter, G. McKay, Removal of Cu (II) and
Zn (II) ions by sorption onto bone char using batch agitation,
Langmuir, 18 (2002) 650–656.
- L. Li, S. Liu, J. Liu, Surface modification of coconut shell based
activated carbon for the improvement of hydrophobic VOC
removal, J. Hazard. Mater., 192 (2011) 683–690.
- M. Golomeova, A. Zendelska, Application of Some Natural
Porous Raw Materials for Removal of Lead and Zinc from
Aqueous Solutions, Intech Open, 2016, pp. 21–49.
- M.A. Shavandi, Z. Haddadian, M.H.S. Ismail, N. Abdullah,
Z.Z. Abidin, Removal of Fe (III), Mn (II) and Zn (II) from palm
oil mill effluent (POME) by natural zeolite, J. Taiwan Inst.
Chem. Eng., 43 (2012) 750–759.
- O. Abdulrahman, A.A.A. Latiff, Z. Daud, B. Ridzuan, M. Daud,
N. Falilah, Remediation of raw wastewater of palm oil mill
using activated cow bone powder through batch adsorption,
Key Eng. Mater., 705 (2016) 380–384.
- S. Lowell, J.E. Shields, M.A. Thomas, M. Thommes,
Characterization of Porous Solids and Powders: Surface Area,
Pore Size and Density, Vol. 16, Springer, 2012.
- A.T.A. Farhan, K.K. Ong, W.W. Yunus, M.L. Jabit, A. Fitrianto,
A.G.A. Hussin, C.C. Teoh, Isotherm study of nickel (II)
adsorption from aqueous solution using thermally treated rice
husk, Asian J. Chem., 29 (2017) 589–591.
- A.A. Oyekanmi, A. Ahmad, K. Hossain, M. Rafatullah, Statistical
optimization for adsorption of Rhodamine B dye from aqueous
solutions, J. Mol. Liq., 281 (2019) 48–58.
- K.L. Tan, B.H. Hameed, Insight into the adsorption kinetics
models for the removal of contaminants from aqueous solutions,
J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 74 (2017) 25–48.
- A.A. Oyekanmi, A. Ahmad, K. Hossain, M. Rafatullah,
Adsorption of Rhodamine B dye from aqueous solution onto
acid treated banana peel: response surface methodology,
kinetics and isotherm studies, PloS One, 14 (2019) e0216878.
- O.A Abdulrahman, A.A. Abd Latiff, Z. Daud, R.M.S. Radin,
R.M.N. Ismail, A. Ab Aziz, M. Rafatullah, K. Hossain,
A. Ahmad, A. Kamoldeen Abiodun, Adsorption of cadmium
and lead from palm oil mill effluent using bone-composite:
optimisation and isotherm studies, Int. J. Environ. Anal. Chem.,
99 (2019) 1–19.
- A. Abdulrahman, A.A. Latiff, Z. Daud, M.B. Ridzuan,
A.H. Jagaba, Preparation and Characterization of Activated
Cow Bone Powder for the Adsorption of Cadmium from Palm
Oil Mill Effluent, In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science
and Engineering IOP Publishing, Vol. 136, 2016.