- M. Yousefi, M. Yaseri, R. Nabizadeh, E. Hooshmand,
M. Jalilzadeh, A.H. Mahvi, A.A. Mohammadi, Association of
hypertension, body mass index, and waist circumference with
fluoride intake; water drinking in residents of fluoride endemic
areas, Iran, Biol. Trace Elem. Res., 185 (2018) 282–288.
- M. Yousefi, H.N. Saleh, M. Yaseri, M. Jalilzadeh,
A.A. Mohammadi, Association of consumption of excess hard
water, body mass index and waist circumference with risk of
hypertension in individuals living in hard and soft water areas,
Environ. Geochem. Health, 40 (2018) 1–9.
- A.A. Mohammadi, M. Yousefi, A.H. Mahvi, Fluoride
concentration level in rural area in Poldasht city and daily
fluoride intake based on drinking water consumption with
temperature, Data Brief, 13 (2017) 312–315.
- S. Ponsadailakshmi, S.G. Sankari, S.M. Prasanna,
G. Madhurambal, Evaluation of water quality suitability for
drinking using drinking water quality index in Nagapattinam
district, Tamil Nadu in Southern India, Groundwater Sustain.
Dev., 6 (2018) 43–49.
- Z. Mfonka, J.N. Ngoupayou, P. Ndjigui, A. Kpoumie,
M. Zammouri, A. Ngouh, O. Mouncherou, F. Rakotondrabe,
E. Rasolomanana, A GIS-Based DRASTIC and GOD models for
assessing alterites aquifer of three experimental watersheds in
Foumban (Western-Cameroon), Groundwater Sustain. Dev.,
7 (2018) 250–264.
- M. Dehghani, M. Farhang, A. Zarei, Investigation of carbonyl
compounds (acetaldehyde and formaldehyde) in bottled waters
in Iranian markets, Int. Food Res. J., 25 (2018) 1–9.
- M. Qasemi, M. Shams, S.A. Sajjadi, M. Farhang, S. Erfanpoor,
M. Yousefi, A. Zarei, M. Afsharnia, Cadmium in groundwater
consumed in the rural areas of Gonabad and Bajestan, Iran:
occurrence and health risk assessment, Biol. Trace Elem. Res.,
191 (2019) 1–10.
- M. Masoudinejad, M. Ghaderpoori, A. Zarei, J. Nasehifar,
A. Malekzadeh, J. Nasiri, A. Ghaderpoury, Data on phosphorous
concentration of rivers feeding into Taham dam in Zanjan, Iran,
Data Brief, 17 (2018) 564–569.
- C.P. Ahada, S. Suthar, Assessment of human health risk
associated with high groundwater fluoride intake in southern
districts of Punjab, India, Exposure Health, 9 (2017) 1–9.
- J. Chen, H. Wu, H. Qian, Y. Gao, Assessing nitrate and fluoride
contaminants in drinking water and their health risk of rural
residents living in a semiarid region of Northwest China,
Exposure Health, 9 (2017) 183–195.
- J. Nouri, A.H. Mahvi, A. Babaei, E. Ahmadpour, Regional
pattern distribution of groundwater fluoride in the Shush
aquifer of Khuzestan County, Iran, Fluoride, 39 (2006) 321.
- E. Bazrafshan, K.A. Ownagh, A.H. Mahvi, Application of
electrocoagulation process using iron and aluminum electrodes
for fluoride removal from aqueous environment, J. Chem.,
9 (2012) 2297–2308.
- V.K. Moghaddam, M. Yousefi, A. Khosravi, M. Yaseri,
A.H. Mahvi, M. Hadei, A.A. Mohammadi, Z. Robati,
A. Mokammel, High concentration of fluoride can be increased
risk of abortion, Biol. Trace Elem. Res., 185 (2018) 262–265.
- S. Jagtap, M.K. Yenkie, N. Labhsetwar, S. Rayalu, Fluoride
in drinking water and defluoridation of water, Chem. Rev.,
112 (2012) 2454–2466.
- A.R. Yari, S. Nazari, S.A. Matboo, M. Fazlzadeh, Fluoride
concentration of drinking-water of Qom, Iran, Iran. J. Health
Sci., 4 (2016) 37–44.
- H. Biglari, A. Chavoshani, N. Javan, A. Hossein Mahvi,
Geochemical study of groundwater conditions with special
emphasis on fluoride concentration, Iran, Desal. Wat. Treat.,
57 (2016) 22392–22399.
- A. Rahmani, K. Rahmani, S. Dobaradaran, A.H. Mahvi,
R. Mohamadjani, H. Rahmani, Child dental caries in relation to
fluoride and some inorganic constituents in drinking water in
Arsanjan, Iran, Fluoride, 43 (2010) 179–186.
- A. Narsimha, V. Sudarshan, Drinking water pollution with
respective of fluoride in the semi-arid region of Basara, Nirmal
district, Telangana State, India, Data Brief, 16 (2018) 752–757.
- A.A. Mohammadi, M. Yousefi, M. Yaseri, M. Jalilzadeh,
A.H. Mahvi, Skeletal fluorosis in relation to drinking water in
rural areas of West Azerbaijan, Iran, Sci. Rep., 7 (2017) 17300.
- G.K. Sarma, M.H. Rashid, Synthesis of Mg/Al layered double
hydroxides for adsorptive removal of fluoride from water: a
mechanistic and kinetic study, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 63 (2018)
- M. Shams, R.N. Nodehi, M. Alimohammadi, A. Mahvi,
A survey of nitrate and fluoride in water distribution networks
of Tabas, Iran, World Appl. Sci. J., 7 (2009) 1516–1520.
- R.M. Pradhan, T.K. Biswal, Fluoride in groundwater: a case
study in Precambrian terranes of Ambaji region, North Gujarat,
India, Proc. Int. Assoc. Hydrol. Sci., 379 (2018) 351–356.
- T. Nur, P. Loganathan, T. Nguyen, S. Vigneswaran, G. Singh,
J. Kandasamy, Batch and column adsorption and desorption
of fluoride using hydrous ferric oxide: solution chemistry and
modeling, Chem. Eng. J., 247 (2014) 93–102.
- WHO (World Health Organization), Guidelines for Drinking-
Water Quality: Recommendations, 2011, 4th ed., Geneva,
- N.J. Raju, Prevalence of fluorosis in the fluoride enriched
groundwater in semi-arid parts of eastern India: Geochemistry
and health implications, Quat. Int., 443 (2017) 265–278.
- N. Adimalla, S. Venkatayogi, Mechanism of fluoride enrichment
in groundwater of hard rock aquifers in Medak, Telangana
State, South India, Environ. Earth Sci., 76 (2017) 45.
- M.J. Pennino, J.E. Compton, S.G. Leibowitz, Trends in drinking
water nitrate violations across the United States, Environ. Sci.
Technol., 51 (2017) 13450–13460.
- Z. Kovač, Z. Nakić, D. Špoljarić, D. Stanek, A. Bačani, Estimation
of Nitrate Trends in the Groundwater of the Zagreb Aquifer,
Geosciences, 8 (2018) 159.
- A. Esmaeili, F. Moore, B. Keshavarzi, Nitrate contamination
in irrigation groundwater, Isfahan, Iran, Environ. Earth Sci.,
72 (2014) 2511–2522.
- A. Almasi, R. Shokri, R. Momenzadeh, S. Rezaei, A. Jamshidi,
R. Yazdizadeh, Distribution of groundwater nitrate in Dehloran,
Iran: a case study using GIS, J. Adv. Environ. Health Res.,
4 (2016) 155–160.
- M. Masoudinejad, M. Ghadrpoori, A. Jafari, J. Nasehifar,
A. Malekzadeh, A. Ghaderpoury, Data on nitrate and nitrate of
Taham dam in Zanjan (Iran), Data Brief, 17 (2018) 431–437.
- A. Eslami, M. Ghadimi, Study of five years nitrite and nitrate
content trends of Zanjan groundwater resources using GIS from
2006 to 2010, J. Health Field, 1 (2013) 30–36.
- A.B. Nezhad, M.M. Emamjomeh, M. Farzadkia, A.J. Jafari,
M. Sayadi, A.H.D. Talab, Nitrite and nitrate concentrations in
the drinking groundwater of Shiraz City, South-central Iran by
Statistical Models, Iran. J. Public Health, 46 (2017) 1275.
- S.F. Mousavi, M.J. Amiri, Modelling nitrate concentration of
groundwater using adaptive neural-based fuzzy inference
system, Soil Water Res., 7 (2012) 73–83.
- X.T. Ju, C.L. Kou, F. Zhang, P. Christie, Nitrogen balance and
groundwater nitrate contamination: comparison among three
intensive cropping systems on the North China Plain, Environ.
Pollut., 143 (2006) 117–125.
- M.F. Barroso, M. Ramalhosa, A. Olhero, M. Antão, M. Pina,
L. Guimarães, J. Teixeira, M. Afonso, C. Delerue-Matos,
H.I. Chaminé, Assessment of groundwater contamination in
an agricultural peri-urban area (NW Portugal): an integrated
approach, Environ. Earth Sci., 73 (2015) 2881–2894.
- A.T. Akale, M.A. Moges, D.C. Dagnew, S.A. Tilahun,
T.S. Steenhuis, Assessment of nitrate in wells and springs in the
North Central Ethiopian highlands, Water, 10 (2018) 476.
- M. Dan-Hassan, P. Olasehinde, A. Amadi, J. Yisa, J. Jacob, Spatial
and temporal distribution of nitrate pollution in groundwater
of Abuja, Nigeria, Int. J. Chem., 4 (2012) 104.
- D.M. Manassaram, L.C. Backer, D.M. Moll, A review of nitrates
in drinking water: maternal exposure and adverse reproductive
and developmental outcomes, Ciencia Saude Coletiva, 12 (2007)
- Q. Zhang, J. Sun, J. Liu, G. Huang, C. Lu, Y. Zhang, Driving
mechanism and sources of groundwater nitrate contamination
in the rapidly urbanized region of south China, J. Contam.
hydrol., 182 (2015) 221–230.
- M. Qasemi, M. Afsharnia, A. Zarei, M. Farhang, M. Allahdadi,
Non-carcinogenic risk assessment to human health due to
intake of fluoride in the groundwater in rural areas of Gonabad
and Bajestan, Iran: a case study, Hum. Ecol. Risk Assess.,
24 (2018) 1–12.
- M. Miri, E. Akbari, A. Amrane, S.J. Jafari, H. Eslami,
E. Hoseinzadeh, M. Zarrabi, J. Salimi, M. Sayyad-Arbabi,
M. Taghavi, Health risk assessment of heavy metal intake due
to fish consumption in the Sistan region, Iran, Environ. Monit.
Assess., 189 (2017) 583.
- H. Yarmohammadi, M. Ziaei, M. Poursadeghiyan, M. Moradi,
B. Fathi, H. Biglari, M.H. Ebrahimi, Evaluation of occupational
risk assessment of manual load carrying using KIM method on
auto mechanics in Kermanshah City in 2015, Res. J. Med. Sci.,
10 (2016) 1–9.
- US EPA, Highlights of the Child-Specific Exposure Factors
Handbook (Final Report), EPA/600/R-08/135. Washington,
DC, USA, 2009. Available at: https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/risk/recordisplay.cfm?deid=200445.
- P. Kavcar, A. Sofuoglu, S.C. Sofuoglu, A health risk assessment
for exposure to trace metals via drinking water ingestion
pathway, Int. J. Hyg. Environ. Health, 212 (2009) 216–227.
- J. Chen, H. Wu, H. Qian, Groundwater nitrate contamination
and associated health risk for the rural communities in an
agricultural area of Ningxia, northwest China, Exposure
Health, 8 (2016) 349–359.
- P. Li, X. He, Y. Li, G. Xiang, Occurrence and health implication
of fluoride in groundwater of loess aquifer in the Chinese loess
plateau: a case study of Tongchuan, Northwest China, Exposure
Health, 11 (2019) 95–107.
- H.N. Saleh, M. Panahande, M. Yousefi, F.B. Asghari,
G.O. Conti, E. Talaee, A.A. Mohammadi, Carcinogenic and
non-carcinogenic risk assessment of heavy metals in groundwater
wells in Neyshabur Plain, Iran, Biol. Trace Elem. Res.,
190 (2019) 251–261.
- P. Jeevanaraj, Z. Hashim, S.M. Elias, A.Z. Aris, Risk of dietary
mercury exposure via marine fish ingestion: assessment among
potential mothers in Malaysia, Exposure Health, 11 (2018) 1–10.
- A. Jafari, B. Kamarehie, M. Ghaderpoori, N. Khoshnamvand,
M. Birjandi, The concentration data of heavy metals in Iranian
grown and imported rice and human health hazard assessment,
Data Brief, 16 (2018) 453–459.
- G. Yang, Y. Li, L. Wu, L. Xie, J. Wu, Concentration and health
risk of heavy metals in topsoil of paddy field of Chengdu Plain,
Environ. Chem., 33 (2014) 269–275.
- US-EPA, Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment; EPA/630/P-03/001F, (2005) Risk Assessment Forum, Washington,
- B. Duan, W. Zhang, H. Zheng, C. Wu, Q. Zhang, Y. Bu,
Comparison of health risk assessments of heavy metals and as
in sewage sludge from wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs)
for adults and children in the urban district of Taiyuan, China,
Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 14 (2017) 1194.
- M. Ghaderpoori, A.A. Najafpoor, A. Ghaderpoury, M. Shams,
Data on fluoride concentration and health risk assessment of
drinking water in Khorasan Razavi province, Iran, Data Brief,
18 (2018) 1596–1601.
- M.M. Rahman, M.A. Islam, M. Bodrud-Doza, M.I. Muhib,
A. Zahid, M. Shammi, S.M. Tareq, M. Kurasaki, Spatio-temporal
assessment of groundwater quality and human health risk: a
case study in Gopalganj, Bangladesh, Exposure Health, 10 (2018)
- H. Keramati, R. Ghorbani, Y. Fakhri, A.M. Khaneghah,
G.O. Conti, M. Ferrante, M. Ghaderpoori, M. Taghavi,
Z. Baninameh, A. Bay, Radon 222 in drinking water resources of
Iran: A systematic review, meta-analysis and probabilistic risk
assessment (Monte Carlo simulation), Food Chem. Toxicol.,
115 (2018) 460–469.
- H. Kamani, N. Mirzaei, M. Ghaderpoori, E. Bazrafshan,
S. Rezaei, A.H. Mahvi, Concentration and ecological risk of
heavy metal in street dusts of Eslamshahr, Iran, Hum. Ecol. Risk
Assess., 24 (2018) 961–970.
- M. Ghaderpoori, G.R.J. Khaniki, M. Dehghani, M. Shams,
A. Zarei, Determination of fluoride in bottled water sold in
Tehran market, Iran, Am. Eurasian J. Agric. Environ. Sci.,
6 (2009) 324–327.
- M. Qasemi, M. Afsharnia, M. Farhang, A. Bakhshizadeh,
M. Allahdadi, A. Zarei, Health risk assessment of nitrate
exposure in groundwater of rural areas of Gonabad and
Bajestan, Iran, Environ. Earth Sci., 77 (2018) 551.
- S.A. Almodaresi, S.J. Jafari, E. Hosseinzadeh, M. Miri,
M. Taghavi, R. Khosravi, H. Eslami, R. Peirovi Minaee,
R.A. Fallahzadeh, Investigation of fluoride concentration in
rural drinking water resources of Bardaskan county using
geographic information system (GIS) in 2014, J. Torbat
Heydariyeh Univ. Med. Sci., 3 (2016) 32–41.
- A. Narsimha, S. Rajitha, Spatial distribution and seasonal
variation in fluoride enrichment in groundwater and its
associated human health risk assessment in Telangana State,
South India, Hum. Ecol. Risk Assess., 24 (2018) 1–14.
- P. Munoth, K. Tiwari, R. Goyal, Fluoride and Nitrate
Groundwater Contamination in Rajasthan, India, Hydro 2015
International 20th International Conference on Hydraulics,
Water Resources and River Engineering, IIT Roorkee, India,
17-19 December, 2015.
- WHO, 2011, Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality, World
Health Organization, Geneva.
- H. Rezaei, A. Jafari, B. Kamarehie, Y. Fakhri, A. Ghaderpoury,
M.A. Karami, M. Ghaderpoori, M. Shams, F. Bidarpoor,
M. Salimi, Health-risk assessment related to the fluoride, nitrate,
and nitrite in the drinking water in the Sanandaj, Kurdistan
County, Iran, Hum. Ecol. Risk Assess., 24 (2018) 1–9.
- M.K. Mahato, P.K. Singh, A.K. Tiwari, A.K. Singh, Risk
assessment due to intake of metals in groundwater of East
Bokaro Coalfield, Jharkhand, India, Exposure Health, 8 (2016)
- M. Shams, R.N. Nodehi, M. Dehghani, M. Younesian, A. Mahvi,
Efficiency of granular ferric hydroxide (GFH) in fluoride
removal from water, Fluoride, 43 (2009) 35–40.
- M.H. Dehghani, M. Farhang, M. Alimohammadi, M. Afsharnia,
G. Mckay, Adsorptive removal of fluoride from water by
activated carbon derived from CaCl2-modified Crocus sativus
leaves: Equilibrium adsorption isotherms, optimization, and
influence of anions, Chem. Eng. Commun., 205 (2018) 955–965.
- S. Manjappa, B. Basavarajappa, G. Desai, S. Hotanahalli,
H. Aravinda, Nitrate and fluoride levels in ground waters of
Davanagere Taluka in Karnataka, Indian J. Environ. Health,
45 (2003) 155–160.
- M. Mirzabeygi, M. Yousefi, H. Soleimani, A.A. Mohammadi,
A.H. Mahvi, A. Abbasnia, The concentration data of fluoride
and health risk assessment in drinking water in the Ardakan
city of Yazd province, Iran, Data Brief, 18 (2018) 40–46.
- M. Nikbakht, M. Rezaei, Ata Shakeri, Health risk assessment
of fluoride and nitrate in Lar area, south Iran, J. Environ. Geol.,
37 (2017) 84–98.
- M. Yousefi, M. Ghoochani, A.H. Mahvi, Health risk assessment
to fluoride in drinking water of rural residents living in the
Poldasht city, Northwest of Iran, Ecotoxicol. Environ. Safe.,
148 (2018) 426–430.
- J. Wu, Z. Sun, Evaluation of shallow groundwater contamination
and associated human health risk in an alluvial plain impacted
by agricultural and industrial activities, mid-west China,
Exposure Health, 8 (2016) 311–329.
- J. Wongsanit, P. Teartisup, P. Kerdsueb, P. Tharnpoophasiam,
S. Worakhunpiset, Contamination of nitrate in groundwater
and its potential human health: a case study of lower Mae
Klong river basin, Thailand, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 22 (2015)