- Q. Wang, Z. Yang, Industrial water pollution, water environment
treatment, and health risks in China, Environ. Pollut.,
218 (2016) 358–365.
- A.K. Yadav, C.K. Jain, D.S. Malik, Toxic characterization of
textile dyes and effluents in relation to human health hazards,
Sustainable Environ. Res., 3 (2014) 95–102.
- L. Chen, L. Wang, X. Wu, X. Ding, A process-level water
conservation and pollution control performance evaluation tool
of cleaner production technology in textile industry, J. Cleaner
Prod., 143 (2017) 1137–1143.
- M.A. Hassaan, A. El Nemr, Advanced oxidation processes for
textile wastewater treatment, J. Photochem. Photobiol., 2 (2017)
- R.N. Bharagava, Environmental Pollutants and Their Bioremediation
Approaches, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2017.
- M.A. Hassaan, A. El Nemr, F.F. Madkour, Testing the advanced
oxidation processes on the degradation of Direct Blue 86 dye
in wastewater, Egypt. J. Aquat. Res., 43 (2016a) 11–19.
- M.A. Hassaan, A. El Nemr, F.F. Madkour, Advanced oxidation
processes of Mordant Violet 40 dye in freshwater and seawater,
Egypt. J. Aquat. Res., 43 (2016b) 1–9.
- M.A. Hassaan, A. El Nemr, F.F. Madkour, Ultraviolet Assisted
Ozone Degradation Process of Acid Red 17 dye, Fifth International
Conference on Aquatic Resources ICAR-15” Challenges,
Development and Sustainability, Alexendria, Egypt, 2015.
- S. Wong, N.A.N. Yac’cob, N. Ngadi, O. Hassan, I.M. Inuwa,
From pollutant to solution of wastewater pollution: synthesis
of activated carbon from textile sludge for dye adsorption,
Chin. J. Chem. Eng., 26 (2018) 870–878.
- M.E.L. Alouani, S. Alehyen, M.E.L. Achouri, M. Taibi, Removal
of cationic dye-methylene blue-from aqueous solution by
adsorption on fly ash-based geopolymer J. Mater. Environ. Sci.,
9 (2018) 32–46.
- G. Elango, S.M. Roopan, Efficacy of SnO2 nanoparticles
toward photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye,
J. Photochem. Photobiol., B, 155 (2016) 34–38.
- R. Sujitha, K. Ravindhranath, Extraction of anionic dye, alizarin
red S, from industrial waste waters using active carbon derived
from the stems of Achyranthes aspera plant as bio-adsorbent,
Der Pharma Chem., 8 (2016) 63–73.
- A.J. Kedir, B. Tawabini, A. Al-Shaibani, A.A. Bukhari, Treatment
of water contaminated with methyl tertiary butyl ether using
UV/chlorine advanced oxidation process, Desalin. Water Treat.,
57 (2016) 19939–19945.
- C. Wang, N. Klamerth, S.A. Messele, A. Singh, M. Belosevic,
M.G. El-Din, Comparison of UV/hydrogen peroxide, potassium
ferrate (VI), and ozone in oxidizing the organic fraction of oil
sands process-affected water (OSPW), Water Res., 100 (2016)
- S.O. Ganiyu, M. Zhou, C.A. Martínez-Huitle, Heterogeneous
electro-Fenton and photoelectro-Fenton processes: a critical
review of fundamental principles and application for water/
wastewater treatment, Appl. Catal., B, 235 (2018) 103–129.
- C. Florindo, L.C. Branco, I.M. Marrucho, Development of
hydrophobic deep eutectic solvents for extraction of pesticides
from aqueous environments, Fluid Phase Equilib., 448 (2017)
- D.T. Moussa, M.H. El-Naas, M. Nasser, M.J. Al-Marri, A comprehensive
review of electrocoagulation for water treatment:
potentials and challenges, J. Environ. Manage., 186 (2017) 24–41.
- P. Rajasulochana, V. Preethy, Comparison on efficiency of
various techniques in treatment of waste and sewage water–a
comprehensive review, Resour.-Effic. Technol., 2 (2016) 175–184.
- S. De Gisi, G. Lofrano, M. Grassi, M. Notarnicola, Characteristics
and adsorption capacities of low-cost sorbents for wastewater
treatment: a review, Sustainable Mater. Technol., 9 (2016) 10–40.
- E. Thiyagarajan, P. Saravanan, P. Saranya, N.N. Gandhi,
S. Renganathan, Biosorption of reactive red 2 using positively
charged Metapenaeus monoceros shells, J. Saudi Chem. Soc.,
21 (2017) S1–S6.
- U.A. Guler, M. Sarioglu, Single and binary biosorption of Cu
(II), Ni (II) and methylene blue by raw and pretreated Spirogyra species: equilibrium and kinetic modeling, J. Environ. Chem.
Eng., 1 (2013) 369–377.
- M. Dahiru, Z.U. Zango, M.A. Haruna, Cationic dyes removal
using low-cost banana peel biosorbent, Am. J. Mater. Sci.,
8 (2018) 32–38.
- M. Tamez Uddin, M.A. Rahman, M. Rukanuzzaman,
M.A. Islam, A potential low cost adsorbent for the removal of
cationic dyes from aqueous solutions, Appl. Water Sci., 7 (2017)
- S.S. Shafqat, M. Nosheen, A.A. Khan, M.N. Zafar, Removal
of Congo red dye from aqueous solution using branches of
Ficus religiosa, Malays. Appl. Biol., 47 (2018) 103–108.
- S.A. Ansari, F. Khan, A. Ahmad, Cauliflower leave, an
agricultural waste biomass adsorbent, and its application for
the removal of MB dye from aqueous solution: equilibrium,
kinetics, and thermodynamic studies, Int. J. Anal. Chem., 2016
- M. Rafiq, U. Farooq, M. Athar, M. Salman, M. Aslam, H.H. Raza,
Gardenia jasminoides: an ornamental plant for the biosorption
of lead and cadmium ions, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016)
- S.S. Waghmare, T. Arfin, N. Manwar, D.H. Lataye, N. Labhsetwar,
S. Rayalu, Preparation and characterization of Polyalthia
longifolia based alumina as a novel adsorbent for removing
fluoride from drinking water, Asian J. Adv. Basic Sci., 4 (2015)
- K.S. Mundhe, A.B Gaikwad, A.A. Kale, N.R Deshpande,
R.V. Kashalkar, Polyalthia longifolia (Ashoka) seeds: an effective
adsorbent for Methylene Blue removal, Int. J. Res. Pharm.
Biomed. Sci., 3 (2012) 180–186.
- O. Timothy, O. Amos, O.B. Gabriel, K.I. Odega, Q.R. Okoro,
M. Idu, Gastro-Protective Activity of Methanol Leaf Extract of
Polyalthia longifolia (Sonn.) Thw. on Ethanol-Induced Ulceration
in Rats, Afr. Sci., 20 (2019) 33–36.
- M. Boumediene, H. Benaïssa, B. George, S. Molina, A. Merlin,
Effects of pH and ionic strength on Methylene Blue removal
from synthetic aqueous solutions by sorption onto orange
peel and desorption study, J. Mater. Environ. Sci., 9 (2018)
- D. Mehta, P. Mondal, S. George, Utilization of marble waste
powder as a novel adsorbent for removal of fluoride ions from
aqueous solution, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 4 (2016) 932–942.
- G. Vijayakumar, R. Tamilarasan, M. Dharmendirakumar,
Adsorption, kinetic, equilibrium and thermodynamic studies
on the removal of basic dye Rhodamine-B from aqueous
solution by the use of natural adsorbent perlite, J. Mater.
Environ., 3 (2012) 157–170.
- M. Boumediene, H. Benaïssa, B. George, St. Molina, A. Merlin,
Effects of pH and ionic strength on methylene blue removal
from synthetic aqueous solution by sorption onto orange peel
and desorption study, J. Mater. Environ. Sci., 9 (2108) 1700–1711.
- M.A. Ahmad, N.A.A. Puad, O.S. Bello, Kinetic, equilibrium
and thermodynamic studies of synthetic dye removal using
pomegranate peel activated carbon prepared by microwaveinduced
KOH activation, Water Resour. Ind., 6 (2014) 18–35.
- M. Salman, M. Athar, U. Farooq, S. Rauf, U. Habiba, A new
approach to modification of an agro-based raw material for Pb
(II) adsorption, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31 (2014) 467–474.
- J.O. Amode, J.H. Santos, Z.M. Alam, A.H. Mirza, C.C. Mei,
Adsorption of methylene blue from aqueous solution using
untreated and treated (Metroxylon spp.) waste adsorbent: equilibrium
and kinetics studies, Int. J. Ind. Chem., 7 (2016) 333–345.
- N. Ayawei, A.N. Ebelegi, D. Wankasi, Modelling and interpretation
of adsorption isotherms, J. Chem., 2017 (2017) 1–11.
- M. Hamzaoui, B. Bestani, B. Benderdouche, The use of linear
and nonlinear methods for adsorption isotherm optimization
of basic green 4-dye onto sawdust-based activated carbon,
J. Mater. Environ. Sci., 9 (2018) 1110–1119.
- A.M. Khurram, U. Farooq, M. Athar, M. Salman, Biosorption
of Cd(II) ions from its aqueous solutions using powdered
branches of Trifolium resupinatum, Green Chem. Lett. Rev.,
12 (2019) 217–224.
- N. Ayawei, A.T. Ekubo, D. Wankasi, E.D. Dikio, Adsorption
of Congo red by Ni/Al-CO3: equilibrium, thermodynamic and
kinetic studies, Orient. J. Chem., 31 (2015) 1307–1318.
- Y. Bao, G. Zhang, Study of adsorption characteristics
of methylene blue onto activated carbon made by Salix
psammophila, Energy Procedia, 16 (2012) 1141–1146.
- T.S. Chandra, S.N. Mudliar, S. Vidyashankar, S. Mukherji,
R. Sarada, K. Krishnamurthi, V.S. Chauhan, Defatted algal
biomass as a non-conventional low-cost adsorbent: surface
characterization and methylene blue adsorption characteristics,
Bioresour. Technol., 184 (2015) 395–404.
- M.M. Swamy, B.M. Nagabhushana, R.H. Krishna, N. Kottam,
R.S. Raveendra, P.A. Prashanth, Fast adsorptive removal of
methylene blue dye from aqueous solution onto a wild carrot
flower activated carbon: isotherms and kinetics studies, Desal.
Water Treat., 71 (2017) 399–405.
- D. Pathania, S. Sharma, P. Singh, Removal of methylene blue by
adsorption onto activated carbon developed from Ficus carica bast, Arabian J. Chem., 10 (2017) S1445–S1451.
- G. Li, W. Zhu, C. Zhang, S. Zhang, L. Liu, L. Zhu, W. Zhao, Effect
of a magnetic field on the adsorptive removal of methylene blue
onto wheat straw biochar, Bioresour. Technol., 206 (2016) 16–22.
- D.L. Postai, C.A. Demarchi, F. Zanatta, D.C.C. Melo,
C.A. Rodrigues, Adsorption of rhodamine B and methylene
blue dyes using waste of seeds of Aleurites moluccana, a low
cost adsorbent, Alex. Eng. J., 55 (2016) 1713–1723.
- S. Abdelkarim, H. Mohammed, B. Nouredine, Sorption of
methylene blue dye from aqueous solution using an agricultural
waste, Trends Green Chem., 3 (2017) 1–7.
- S. Shakoor, A. Nasar, Removal of methylene blue dye from
artificially contaminated water using citrus limetta peel waste
as a very low cost adsorbent, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng.,
66 (2016) 154–163.
- R.K. Gautam, A. Mudhoo, M.C. Chattopadhyaya, Kinetic,
equilibrium, thermodynamic studies and spectroscopic analysis
of Alizarin Red S removal by mustard husk, J. Environ. Chem.
Eng., 1 (2013) 1283–1291.
- J. Samusolomon, P.M. Devaprasath, Removal of Alizarin Red
S (Dye) from aqueous media by using Cynodon dactylon as an
adsorbent, J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 3 (2011) 478–490.
- L. Fan, Y. Zhang, X. Li, C. Luo, F. Lu, H. Qiu, Removal of alizarin
red from water environment using magnetic chitosan with
Alizarin Red as imprinted molecules, Colloids Surf., B, 91 (2012)
- P.K. Gautam, R.K. Gautam, S. Banerjee, M.C. Chattopadhyaya,
J.D. Pandey, Adsorptive removal of Alizarin Red S by a novel
biosorbent of an invasive weed Mikania micrantha, Natl. Acad.
Sci. Lett., 40 (2017) 113–116.
- P.C. Bhomick, A. Supong, M. Baruah, C. Pongener, D. Sinha,
Pine cone biomass as an efficient precursor for the synthesis of
activated biocarbon for adsorption of anionic dye from aqueous
solution: isotherm, kinetic, thermodynamic and regeneration
studies, Sustainable Chem. Pharm., 10 (2018) 41–49.
- J.Y. Yang, X.Y. Jiang, F.P. Jiao, J.G. Yu, The oxygen-rich
pentaerythritol modified multi-walled carbon nanotube as
an efficient adsorbent for aqueous removal of alizarin yellow
R and alizarin red S, Appl. Surf. Sci., 436 (2018) 198–206.
- H. Biglari, S. RodríguezíCouto, Y.O. Khaniabadi, H. Nourmoradi,
M. Khoshgoftar, A. Amrane, M. Vosoughi, S. Esmaeili,
R. Heydari, M.J. Mohammadi, R. Rashidi, Cationic surfactant-modified
clay as an adsorbent for the removal of synthetic dyes
from aqueous solutions, Int. J. Chem. Reactor Eng., 16 (2018)