- M.A. El-Dib and K.A. Rizka, Chlorinated disinfection by products in drinking water at Beni-Sueif, Egypt: A case study. IV
International Conference, Water Supply and Water Quality,
Poland, September 2000, pp. 92–102.
- S.J. Tarek, development of water treatment technologies for the
removal of hazardous pollutants. PhD thesis, Cairo University,
- M.A. El-Dib, M.I. Badawy and K.A. Rizka, Alternative pre-oxidation procedures for the control of disinfection by products.
IV International Conference, Water Supply and Water Quality,
Poland, September, 2000, pp. 615–622.
- M.A. El-Dib and K.A. Rizka, THMs formation during chlorination of raw Nile River water, Water Res., 29 (1995) 375–378.
- D.A. Reckhow, P.C. Singer and P.L. Malcolm, Chlorination of
humic materials: by-product formation and chemical interpretations, Environ. Sci. Technol., 24 (1990) 1655–1664.
- A. Nyström, A. Grimvall, C. Krantz-Rülcker, R. Sävenhed and
K. Ackerstand, Drinking water off flavour caused by 2,4,6,-trichloroanisole, Water Sci. Technol., 25 (1992) 241–249.
- A. Kornmuller and U. Wiesmann, Ozonation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in oil/water-emulsions: mass transfer and
reaction kinetics, Water Res., 37 (2003) 1023–1032.
- C.E. Corless, G.L. Reynolds, J.D. Graham and R. Perry, Ozonation of pyrine in aqueous solution, Water Res., 24 (1990) 1119–1123.
- B.W. Long, R.A. Husley and R.C. Hoehn, Complementary uses
of chlorine dioxide and ozone for drinking water treatment,
Ozone Sci. Eng., 21 (1999) 465–476.
- D. Sales, M.J. Valcárel, L. Pérez and E. Martinez-Ossa, Activated
sludge treatment of wine-distillery wastewaters, J. Chem.
Technol. Biotechnol., 40 (1987) 85–99.
- U. Z´wietlik, S. Rackzyk-Stanislawiak, W. Bilozor, J. Ilecki and
L. Nawrocki, Adsorption of natural organic matter oxidized
on granular activated carbon, Water Res., 36 (2002)
- Y. Sun and D.S. Argyropoulas, A comparison of the reactivity
and efficiency of ozone, chlorine dioxide, dimethyldioxitane and
hydrogen peroxide with residual Kraft lignin, Holzforschung,
50 (1996) 175–182.
- V.A. Demin, V.V. Shereshovets and J.B. Monakov, Reactivity and
the problems of oxidative destruction of lignin with peroxyreagents, Uspiekhi, 1999, pp. 1029–1050.
- J.P. Chen, S.L. Kim and Y.P. Ting, Optimization of membrane
physical and chemical cleaning by statistical design approach,
J. Membr. Sci., 219 (2003) 27–45.
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th ed., 2000.
- J.G. Smith, S.F. Lee and A. Netzer, Model studies in aqueous
chlorination: The chlorination of phenols in dilute aqueous solutions, Water Res., 10 (1976) 985–990.
- A.S. El-Din, A. Bermond, N. Rutledge and C. Ducouze, Analysis of the ozonation products of aliphatic acid in water using
combined HPLC, Mass Spectrometry Analyst, 109 (1984) 817–
- S.J. Tarek, Comparative studies on the removal of organic micro-pollutant from drinking water by chlorine dioxide, ozone
and activated carbon. MSc thesis, Cairo University, 2001.
- J.E. Wajon, D.H. Rosenblatt and E.P. Burrowa, Oxidation of
phenol and hydroquinone by chlorine dioxide. Environ. Sci.
Technol., 16 (1982) 396–402.
- M.R. Farvardin and A.G. Collins, Preozonation as an aid in coagulation of humic substances-optimum preozonation dose,
Water Res., 28 (1989) 307–316.