- J. Chen, M. Strous, Denitrification and aerobic respiration,
hybrid electron transport chains and co-evolution, Biochim.
Biophys. Acta, 1827 (2013) 136–144.
- Y. Miao, R. Liao, X.X. Zhang, Y. Wang, Z. Wang, P. Shi, B. Liu,
A. Li, Metagenomic insights into Cr(VI) effect on microbial
communities and functional genes of an expanded granular
sludge bed reactor treating high-nitrate wastewater, Water Res.,
76 (2015) 43–52.
- D. Salamanca, N. Strunk, K. Engesser, Chromate reduction in
anaerobic systems by bacterial strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
CRM100, Chem. Ing. Tech., 85 (2013) 1575–1580.
- D. He, M. Zheng, T. Ma, C. Li, J. Ni, Interaction of Cr(VI)
reduction and denitrification by strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
PCN-2 under aerobic conditions, Bioresour. Technol., 185 (2015)
- J. Li, R.F. Jin, G.F. Liu, T. Tian, J. Wang, J.T. Zhou, Simultaneous
removal of chromate and nitrate in a packed-bed bioreactor
using biodegradable meal box as carbon source and biofilm
carriers, Bioresour. Technol., 208 (2016) 308–314.
- S.I. Abou-Elela, M.E. Fawzy, M.M. El-Sorogy, S.A. Abo-El-
Enein, Bio-immobilization of Cr(VI) and its impact on the
performance of a pilot scale anaerobic sludge reactor treating
municipal wastewater, Egypt. J. Chem., 61 (2018) 629–637.
- V. Somasundaram, L. Philip, S.M. Bhallamudi, Experimental
and mathematical modeling studies in Cr(VI) reduction by
CRB, SRB, and IRB, individually and in combination, J. Hazard.
Mater., 172 (2009) 606–617.
- N. Melitas, O. Chuffe-Moscoso, J. Farrell, Kinetics of chromium
removal from contaminated water by zerovalent iron media:
corrosion inhibition and passive oxide effects, Environ. Sci.
Technol., 35 (2001) 3948–3953.
- M. Long, C. Zhou, S.Q. Xia, A. Guadiea, Concomitant Cr(VI)
reduction and Cr(III) precipitation with nitrate in a methane/oxygen-based membrane biofilm reactor, Chem. Eng. J.,
315 (2017) 58–66.
- S.Y. Zhai, Y.X. Zhao, M. Ji, W.F. Qi, Simultaneous removal of
nitrate and chromate in groundwater by a spiral fiber based
biofilm reactor, Bioresour. Technol., 232 (2017) 278–284.
- American Public Health Association (APHA), Standard
Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, New
York, NY, 2005.
- J.B. Guo, C. Zhang, J. Lian, C.C. Lu, Z. Chen, Y.Y. Song,
Y.K. Guo, Y.J. Xing, Effect of thiosulfate on rapid start-up of
sulfur-based reduction of high concentrated perchlorate: a
study of kinetics, extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) and
bacterial community structure, Bioresour. Technol., 243 (2017)
- W.Y. Niu, J.B. Guo, J. Lian, Y.Y. Song, C.C. Lu, H.B. Li, Y. Han,
P.N. Yin, Rapid start-up of denitrifying granular sludge by
dosing with semi-starvation fluctuation C/N ratio strategy,
Bioresour. Technol., 241 (2017) 945–950.
- S. Chang, J. Huang, Y. Liu, Effects of Cd(II) and Cu(II) on a
biofilm system, J. Environ. Eng., 112 (1986) 94–104.
- Y. Liu, J.H. Tay, The essential role of hydrodynamic shear force
in the formation of biofilm and granular sludge, Water Res.,
36 (2002) 1653–1665.
- G.J. Puzon, A.G. Roberts, D.M. Kramer, L.Y. Xun, Formation
of soluble organo-chromium(III) complexes after chromate
reduction in the presence of cellular organics, Environ. Sci.
Technol., 39 (2005) 2811–2817.
- L. Zhong, C.Y. Lai, L.D. Shi, K.D. Wang, Y.J. Dai, Y.W. Liu, F. Ma,
B.E. Rittmann, P. Zheng, H.P. Zhao, Nitrate effects on chromate
reduction in a methane-based biofilm, Water Res., 115 (2017)
- M.I. Ramirez-Diaz, C. Diaz-Perez, E. Vargas, H. Riveros-Rosas,
J. Campos-Garcia, C. Cervantes, Mechanisms of bacterial
resistance to chromium compounds, Biometals, 21 (2008)
- Z.C. Wang, M.C. Gao, S. Wang, Y.J. Xin, D. Ma, Z.L. She,
Z. Wang, Q.B. Chang, Y. Ren, Effect of hexavalent chromium
on extracellular polymeric substances of granular sludge from
an aerobic granular sequencing batch reactor, Chem. Eng. J.,
251 (2014) 165–174.
- W.J. Hou, Z.Q. Ma, L.L. Sun, M.S. Han, J.J. Lu, Z.X. Li, O.A.
Mohamad, G.H. Wei, Extracellular polymeric substances
from copper-tolerance Sinorhizobium meliloti immobilize Cu2+,
J. Hazard. Mater., 261 (2013) 614–620.