- M. Shafiq, A.A. Alazba, M.T. Amin, Synthesis, characterization,
and application of date palm leaf waste-derived biochar to
remove cadmium and hazardous cationic dyes from synthetic
wastewater, Arabian J. Geosci., 12 (2019) 63.
- N. Tara, M. Iqbal, Q.M. Khan, M. Afzal, Bioaugmentation
of floating treatment wetlands for the remediation of textile
effluent, Water Environ. J., 33 (2019) 124–134.
- S. Cotillas, J. Llanos, P. Cañizares, D. Clematis, G. Cerisola,
M.A. Rodrigo, M. Panizza, Removal of Procion Red MX-5B
dye from wastewater by conductive-diamond electrochemical
oxidation, Electrochim. Acta, 263 (2018) 1–7.
- I. Qadir, R.C. Chhipa, Comparative studies of some
physicochemical characteristics of raw water and effluents of
textile industries of Sitapura, Jaipur, Int. J. Adv. Res., 3 (2015)
- R. Acharya, B. Naik, K. Parida, Chapter 10 – Visible‐Light‐
Induced Photocatalytic Degradation of Textile Dyes Over
Plasmonic Silver‐Modified TiO2, S. ul‐Islam, B.S. Butola, Ed.,
Advanced Textile Engineering Materials, Scrivener Publishing
LLC, United States, 2018, pp. 389–418.
- S. Sangon, A.J. Hunt, T.M. Attard, P. Mengchang, Y. Ngernyen,
N. Supanchaiyamat, Valorisation of waste rice straw for the
production of highly effective carbon based adsorbents for dyes
removal, J. Cleaner Prod., 172 (2018) 1128–1139.
- F. Javed, N. Feroze, A. Ikhlaq, M. Kazmi, S.W. Ahmad,
H.M.S. Munir, Biosorption potential of Sapindus mukorossi dead
leaves as a novel biosorbent for the treatment of Reactive Red
241 in aqueous solution, Desal. Water Treat., 137 (2019) 345–357.
- S. Chowdhury, K.G. Bhattacharyya, Use of Cu(II)-incorporated
zeolite Y for decolourization of dyes in water: a case study
with aqueous methylene blue and Congo red, SN Appl. Sci., 1
- A. Ikhlaq, H.Z. Anwar, F. Javed, S. Gull, Degradation of safranin
by heterogeneous Fenton processes using peanut shell ash
based catalyst, Water Sci. Technol., 79 (2019) 1367–1375.
- A. Ikhlaq, M. Kazim, F. Javed, K.S. Joya, F. Anwar, Combined
catalytic ozonation and electroflocculation process for the
removal of basic yellow 28 in wastewater, Desal. Water Treat.,
127 (2018) 354–363.
- S. Mishra, P. Chowdhary, R.N. Bharagava, Chapter 1 –
Conventional Methods for the Removal of Industrial Pollutants,
Their Merits and Demerits, R.N. Bharagava, P. Chowdhary,
Eds., Emerging and Eco-Friendly Approaches for Waste
Management, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd., Singapore,
2019, pp. 1–31.
- M.C. Collivignarelli, A. Abbà, M.C. Miino, S. Damiani,
Treatments for color removal from wastewater: state of the art,
J. Environ. Manage., 236 (2019) 727–745.
- A. Ikhlaq, T. Aslam, A.M. Zafar, F. Javed, H.M.S. Munir,
Combined ozonation and adsorption system for the removal
of heavy metals from municipal wastewater: effect of COD
removal, Desal. Water Treat., 159 (2019) 304–309.
- A. Ikhlaq, F. Javed, M.S. Munir, S. Hussain, K.S. Joya,
A.M. Zafar, Application of heterogeneous iron loaded zeolite A
catalyst in photo-Fenton process for the removal of safranin in
wastewater, Desal. Water Treat., 148 (2019) 152–161.
- A. Ikhlaq, H.M.S. Munir, A. Khan, F. Javed, K.S. Joya,
Comparative study of catalytic ozonation and Fenton-like
processes using iron-loaded rice husk ash as catalyst for the
removal of methylene blue in wastewater, Ozone Sci. Eng.,
41 (2019) 250–260.
- M.A. Oturan, J.-J. Aaron, Advanced oxidation processes in
water/wastewater treatment: principles and applications.
A review, Crit. Rev. Env. Sci. Technol., 44 (2014) 2577–2641.
- M. Brienza, I.A. Katsoyiannis, Sulfate radical technologies as
tertiary treatment for the removal of emerging contaminants
from wastewater, Sustainability, 9 (2017) 1604.
- E.M. Cuerda-Correa, M.F. Alexandre-Franco, C. Fernández-
González, Advanced oxidation processes for the removal of
antibiotics from water, An overview, Water, 12 (2020) 102.
- F. Javed, N. Feroze, N. Ramzan, A. Ikhlaq, M. Kazmi,
H.M.S. Munir, Treatment of Reactive Red 241 dye by electro
coagulation/biosorption coupled process in a new hybrid
reactor, Desal. Water Treat., 166 (2019) 83–91.
- N.N. Liu, Y.H. Wu, Removal of methylene blue by electrocoagulation:
a study of the effect of operational parameters and
mechanism, Ionics, 25 (2019) 3953–3960.
- E.V. Vidya Vijay, M. Jerold, M.S. Ramya Sankar, S. Lakshmanan,
V. Sivasubramanian, Electrocoagulation using commercial
grade aluminium electrode for the removal of crystal violet
from aqueous solution, Water Sci. Technol., 79 (2019) 597–606.
- E. Bazrafshan, M.R. Alipour, A.H. Mahvi, Textile wastewater
treatment by application of combined chemical coagulation,
electrocoagulation, and adsorption processes, Desal. Water
Treat., 57 (2016) 9203–9215
- F. Deniz, R. Aysun Kepekci, Dye biosorption onto pistachio
by-product: a green environmental engineering approach,
J. Mol. Liq., 219 (2016) 194–200.
- M.S. Khalili, K. Zare, O. Moradi, M. Sillanpää, Preparation
and characterization of MWCNT–COOH–cellulose–MgO NP
nanocomposite as adsorbent for removal of methylene blue
from aqueous solutions: isotherm, thermodynamic and kinetic
studies, J. Nanostruct. Chem., 8 (2018) 103–121.
- C.H.C. Tan, S. Sabar, M.H. Hussin, Development of immobilized
microcrystalline cellulose as an effective adsorbent for
methylene blue dye removal, S. Afr. J. Chem. Eng., 26 (2018)
- R.D.S. Bezerra, R.C. Leal, M.S. da Silva, A.I.S. Morais,
T.H.C. Marques, J.A. Osajima, A.B. Meneguin, H. da S. Barud,
E.C. da Silva Filho, Direct modification of microcrystalline
cellulose with ethylenediamine for use as adsorbent for
removal amitriptyline drug from environment, Molecules,
22 (2017) 2039.
- Z.N. Garba, I. Lawan, W.M. Zhou, M.X. Zhang, L.W. Wang,
Z.H. Yuan, Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) based materials as
emerging adsorbents for the removal of dyes and heavy metals
– a review, Sci. Total Environ., 717 (2020) 135070.
- R.D. Kale, T. Potdar, V. Gorade, Treatment of C.I. Reactive
Blue-21 effluent by microcrystalline cellulose grafted with
APTES: kinetics, isotherm and thermodynamic study,
Sustainable Environ. Res., 29 (2019), https://doi.org/10.1186/
- H.P. de Carvalho, J.G. Huang, J.H. Ni, M.X. Zhao, X.Y. Yang,
X.S. Wang, Removal of Acid Black 1 and Basic Red 2 from
aqueous solutions by electrocoagulation/Moringa oleifera seed
adsorption coupling in a batch system, Water Sci. Technol.,
72 (2015) 203–213.
- H.P. Yang, R. Yan, H.P. Chen, D.H. Lee, C.G. Zheng,
Characteristics of hemicellulose, cellulose and lignin pyrolysis,
Fuel, 86 (2007) 1781–1788.
- X.S. Wang, J.H. Ni, S. Pang, Y. Li, Removal of malachite green
from aqueous solutions by electrocoagulation/peanut shell
adsorption coupling in a batch system, Water Sci. Technol.,
75 (2017) 1830–1838.
- M.A. Sadik, Removal of reactive dye from textile mill wastewater
by leading electro-coagulation process using aluminum as
a sacrificial anode, Adv. Chem. Eng. Sci., 9 (2019) 182–193.
- Z. Gündüz, M. Atabey, Effects of operational parameters on
the decolourisation of Reactive Red 195 dye from aqueous
solutions by electrochemical treatment, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci.,
14 (2019) 5868–5885.
- R. Khosravi, S. Hazrati, M. Fazlzadeh, Decolorization of AR18
dye solution by electrocoagulation: sludge production and
electrode loss in different current densities, Desal. Water Treat.,
57 (2016) 14656–14664.
- M. Khedher, M. Mossad, H.K. El-Etriby, Enhancement of
electrocoagulation process for dye removal using powdered
residuals from water purification plants (PRWPP), Water Air Soil
Pollut., 228 (2017), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-017-3478-2.
- C. Ricordel, C. Miramon, D. Hadjiev, A. Darchen, Investigations
of the mechanism and efficiency of bacteria abatement during
electrocoagulation using aluminum electrode, Desal. Water
Treat., 52 (2014) 5380–5389.
- S.O. Giwa, K. Polat, H. Hapoglu, The effects of operating
parameters on temperature and electrode dissolution in
electrocoagulation treatment of petrochemical wastewater, Int.
J. Eng. Res. Technol., 1 (2012) s10366.
- T.S.A. Singh, S. Thanga Ramesh, New trends in electrocoagulation
for the removal of dyes from wastewater: a
review, Environ. Eng. Sci., 30 (2013), https://doi.org/10.1089/
- H.P. de Carvalho, J.G. Huang, M.X. Zhao, G. Liu, L.L. Dong,
X.J. Liu, Improvement of Methylene Blue removal by electrocoagulation/
banana peel adsorption coupling in a batch system,
Alexandria Eng. J., 54 (2015) 777–786.
- K. Vinothkumar, T. Sugumaran, S. Venkateshwari,
Electrocoagulation coupled with adsorption for effective
removal of eosin yellow and nigrosin dyes in aqueous solution,
J. Appl. Nat. Sci., 11 (2019) 97–106.
- S.I. Suárez-Vázquez, J.A. Vidales-Contreras, J.M. Márquez-
Reyes, A. Cruz-López, C. García-Gómez, Removal of congo red
dye using electrocoagulated metal hydroxide in a fixed-bed
column: characterization, optimization and modeling studies,
Rev. Mex. Ing. Chim., 18 (2019) 1133–1142.
- P. Sakthisharmila, P.N. Palanisamy, P. Manikandan, Removal of
benzidine based textile dye using different metal hydroxides
generated in situ electrochemical treatment—a comparative
study, J. Cleaner Prod., 172 (2018) 2206–2215.
- M. Elazzouzi, A. El Kasmi, K. Haboubi, M.S. Elyoubi,
A novel electrocoagulation process using insulated edges of
Al electrodes for enhancement of urban wastewater treatment:
techno-economic study, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 116 (2018)