- M. Esmaeili Bidhendi, Z. Asadi, A. Bozorgian, A. Shahhoseini,
M.A. Gabris, S. Shahabuddin, R. Khanam, R. Saidur, New
magnetic Co3O4/Fe3O4 doped polyaniline nanocomposite for
the effective and rapid removal of nitrate ions from ground
water samples, Environ. Prog. Sustainable Energy, 39 (2020)
- S.D. Islam, Electrocoagulation (EC) technology for wastewater
treatment and pollutants removal, Sustainable Water Resour.
Manage., 5 (2019) 359–380.
- N.T. Thuy, Application of electro-coagulation for treatment
of wastewater from package printing process, Vietnam J. Sci.
Technol., 55 (2017) 192–197.
- C.H. Tung, S.Y. Shen, J.H. Chang, Y.M. Hsu, Y.C. Lai, Treatment
of real printing wastewater with an electrocatalytic process,
Sep. Purif. Technol., 117 (2013) 131–136.
- L. Khannous, A. Elleuch, I. Fendri, N. Jebahi, H. Khlaf,
N. Gharsallah, Treatment of printing wastewater by a combined
process of coagulation and biosorption for a possible reuse in
agriculture, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 5723–5729.
- D. Lichao, C. Yunnen, F. Jingbiao, An overview of the treatment
of print ink wastewaters, J. Environ. Chem. Ecotoxicol., 3 (2011)
- K.P. Papadopoulos, R. Argyriou, C.N. Economou, N. Charalampous,
S. Dailianis, T.I. Tatoulis, A.G. Tekerlekopoulou,
D.V. Vayenas, Treatment of printing ink wastewater using
electrocoagulation, J. Environ. Manage., 237 (2019) 442–448.
- G. Borbély, E. Nagy, Removal of zinc and nickel ions by
complexation–membrane filtration process from industrial
wastewater, Desalination, 240 (2009) 218–226.
- S.V. Mousavi, A. Bozorgian, N. Mokhtari, M.A. Gabris,
H.R. Nodeh, W.A.W. Ibrahim, A novel cyanopropylsilanefunctionalized
titanium oxide magnetic nanoparticle for the
adsorption of nickel and lead ions from industrial wastewater:
equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies, Microchem. J.,
145 (2019) 914–920.
- E. GilPavas, I. Dobrosz-Gómez, M.Á. Gómez-García,
Coagulation–flocculation sequential with Fenton or photo-Fenton processes as an alternative for the industrial textile
wastewater treatment, J. Environ. Manage., 191 (2017) 189–197.
- D. Xu, Y. Li, L.F. Yin, Y.Y. Ji, J.F. Niu, Y.X. Yu, Electrochemical
removal of nitrate in industrial wastewater, Front. Environ. Sci.
Eng., 12 (2018) 9–23.
- A. Pourabadeh, B. Nasrollahzadeh, R. Razavi, A. Bozorgian,
M. Najafi, Oxidation of FO and N2 molecules on the surfaces
of metal-adopted boron nitride nanostructures as efficient
catalysts, J. Struct. Chem., 59 (2018) 1484–1491.
- Y. Zhang, H.Y. Shi, Y. Qian, Biological treatment of printing ink
wastewater, Water Sci. Technol., 47 (2003) 271–276.
- A. Meteš, N. Koprivanac, A. Glasnovic, Flocculation as a
treatment method for printing ink wastewater, Water Environ.
Res., 72 (2000) 680–688.
- X. Chen, H.L. Sun, Dyeing and printing wastewater treatment
using fly-ash coated with chitosan, Chin. J. Oceanol. Limnol.,
27 (2009) 875–881.
- X. Zheng, J.X. Liu, Dyeing and printing wastewater treatment
using a membrane bioreactor with a gravity drain, Desalination,
190 (2006) 277–286.
- X.J. Ma, H.L. Xia, Treatment of water-based printing ink
wastewater by Fenton process combined with coagulation,
J. Hazard. Mater., 162 (2009) 386–390.
- K.S. Hashim, R. AlKhaddar, A. Shaw, P. Kot, D. Al-Jumeily,
R. Alwash, M.H. Aljefery, In: R. AlKhaddar, R. Singh, S. Dutta,
M. Kumari, Advances in Water Resources Engineering and
Management, Springer, Singapore 2020, pp. 219–235.
- K.S. Hashim, A. Shaw, R. Al Khaddar, M.O. Pedrola, D. Phipps,
Defluoridation of drinking water using a new flow columnelectrocoagulation
reactor (FCER)-experimental, statistical, and
economic approach, J. Environ. Manage., 197 (2017) 80–88.
- R. Niazmand, M. Jahani, S. Kalantarian, Treatment of olive
processing wastewater by electrocoagulation: an effectiveness
and economic assessment, J. Environ. Manage., 248 (2019)
- A. García-García, V. Martínez-Miranda, I.G. Martínez-
Cienfuegos, P.T. Almazán-Sánchez, M. Castañeda-Juárez,
I. Linares-Hernández, Industrial wastewater treatment by
electrocoagulation–electrooxidation processes powered by
solar cells, Fuel, 149 (2015) 46–54.
- V. Kuokkanen, T. Kuokkanen, Recent applications of electrocoagulation
in treatment of water and wastewater—a review,
Curr. Opin. Green Sustainable Chem., 3 (2013) 89–121.
- M.M. Emamjomeh, Electrocoagulation Technology as a
Process for Defluoridation in Water Treatment, University of
Wollongong Thesis Collection, Australia, 2006.
- J.N. Hakizimana, B. Gourich, M. Chafi, Y. Stiriba, C. Vial,
P. Drogui, J. Naja, Electrocoagulation process in water
treatment: a review of electrocoagulation modeling approaches,
Desalination, 404 (2017) 1–21.
- P.K. Holt, G.W. Barton, C.A. Mitchell, The future for
electrocoagulation as a localised water treatment technology,
Chemosphere, 59 (2005) 355–367.
- M. Elazzouzi, K. Haboubi, M. Elyoubi, Enhancement of
electrocoagulation-flotation process for urban wastewater
treatment using Al and Fe electrodes: techno-economic study,
Mater. Today: Proc., 13 (2019) 549–555.
- S. Adamovic, M. Prica, B. Dalmacija, S. Rapajic, D. Novakovic,
Z. Pavlovic, S. Maletic, Feasibility of electrocoagulation/flotation treatment of waste offset printing developer based
on the response surface analysis, Arabian J. Chem., 9 (2016)
- N. Chawaloesphosiya, J. Mongkolnauwarat, C. Prommajun,
K. Wongwailikhit, P. Painmanakul, Treatment of cutting-oily
wastewater by electrocoagulation-flotation (ECF) process:
modeling approach, Environ. Eng. Res., 20 (2015) 392–396.
- F. Ghanbari, M. Moradi, A. Eslami, M.M. Emamjomeh,
Electrocoagulation/flotation of textile wastewater with
simultaneous application of aluminum and iron as anode,
Environ. Process., 1 (2014) 447–457.
- S.M. Safwat, A. Hamed, E. Rozaik, Electrocoagulation/electroflotation of real printing wastewater using copper
electrodes: a comparative study with aluminum electrodes,
Sep. Sci. Technol., 54 (2019) 183–194.
- M.M. Emamjomeh, H.A. Jamali, Z. Naghdali, M. Mousazadeh,
Carwash wastewater treatment by the application of an
environmentally friendly hybrid system: an experimental
design approach, Desal. Water Treat., 160 (2019) 171–177.
- A. Dimoglo, P. Sevim-Elibol, Ö. Dinç, K. Gökmen, H. Erdoğan,
Electrocoagulation/electroflotation as a combined process for
the laundry wastewater purification and reuse, J. Water Process
Eng., 31 (2019) 100877.
- N.V. Narayanan, M. Ganesan, Use of adsorption using granular
activated carbon (GAC) for the enhancement of removal of
chromium from synthetic wastewater by electrocoagulation,
J. Hazard. Mater., 161 (2009) 575–580.
- G.H. Chen, X.M. Chen, P.L. Yue, Electrocoagulation and
electroflotation of restaurant wastewater, J. Environ. Manage.,
126 (2000) 858–863.
- R. Katal, H. Pahlavanzadeh, Influence of different combinations
of aluminum and iron electrode on electrocoagulation
efficiency: application to the treatment of paper mill wastewater,
Desalination, 265 (2011) 199–205.
- A.H. Essadki, B. Gourich, C. Vial, H. Delmas, M. Bennajah,
Defluoridation of drinking water by electrocoagulation/electroflotation in a stirred tank reactor with a comparative
performance to an external-loop airlift reactor, J. Hazard.
Mater., 168 (2009) 1325–1333.
- J. Heffron, Removal of Trace Heavy Metals from Drinking
Water by Electrocoagulation, Thesis, Marquette University,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2015.
- B. Abdulhadi, P. Kot, K. Hashim, A. Shaw, R. Al Khaddar,
Influence of current density and electrodes spacing on reactive
red 120 dye removal from dye water using electrocoagulation/
electroflotation (EC/EF) process, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci.
Eng., 584 (2019) 012035.
- S. Chaturvedi, P.N. Dave, Removal of iron for safe drinking
water, Desalination, 303 (2012) 1–11.
- M.M. Emamjomeh, M. Sivakumar, Review of pollutants
removed by electrocoagulation and electrocoagulation/flotation
processes, J. Environ. Manage., 90 (2009) 1663–1679.
- G. Chen, Electrochemical technologies in wastewater treatment,
Sep. Purif. Technol., 38 (2004) 11–41.
- M.M. Emamjomeh, M. Sivakumar, A.S. Varyani, Analysis
and the understanding of fluoride removal mechanisms by
an electrocoagulation/flotation (ECF) process, Desalination,
275 (2011) 102–106.
- Z. Naghdali, S. Sahebi, M. Mousazadeh, H.A. Jamali,
Optimization of the forward osmosis process using aquaporin
membranes in chromium removal, Chem. Eng. Technol.,
43 (2020) 298–306.
- E. Nazlabadi, M.A. Moghaddam, In: F. Kurisu, A. Ramanathan,
A. Kazmi, M. Kumar, Trends in Asian Water Environmental
Science and Technology, Springer, Cham, 2017, pp. 49–60.
- S. Zodi, O. Potier, F. Lapicque, J.P. Leclerc, Treatment of the
industrial wastewaters by electrocoagulation: optimization
of coupled electrochemical and sedimentation processes,
Desalination, 261 (2010) 186–190.
- O. Chavalparit, M. Ongwandee, Optimizing electrocoagulation
process for the treatment of biodiesel wastewater using response
surface methodology, J. Environ. Sci., 21 (2009) 1491–146.
- X.S. Qin, B. Yang, F.R. Gao, G.H. Chen, Treatment of restaurant
wastewater by pilot-scale electrocoagulation-electroflotation:
optimization of operating conditions, J. Environ. Manage.,
139 (2013) 1004–1016.
- M. Prica, S. Adamovic, B. Dalmacija, L. Rajic, J. Trickovic,
S. Rapajic, M. Becelic-Tomin, The electrocoagulation/flotation
study: the removal of heavy metals from the waste fountain
solution, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 94 (2015) 262–273.
- F. Ozyonar, B. Karagozoglu, Operating cost analysis and
treatment of domestic wastewater by electrocoagulation using
aluminum electrodes, Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 20 (2011) 173.
- S. Koyuncu, S. Arıman, Domestic wastewater treatment by real
scale electrocoagulation process, Water Sci. Technol., 81 (2020)
- A. Shokri, Application of electrocoagulation process for the
removal of Acid orange 5 in synthetic wastewater, Iran. J. Chem.
Chem. Eng., 38 (2018) 113–119.
- B.Y. Tak, B.S. Tak, Y.J. Kim, Y.J. Park, Y.-h. Yoon, G.-h. Min,
Optimization of color and COD removal from livestock
wastewater by electrocoagulation process: application of Box–
Behnken design (BBD), J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 28 (2015) 307–315.
- APHA, AWWA, WPCF, WEF, Standard Methods for the
Examination of Water and Wastewater, 2nd ed., American
Public Health Association, American Water Works Association,
Water Pollution Control Federation, Water Environment
Federation, New York, 1915.
- M.M. Emamjomeh, M. Mousazadeh, N. Mokhtari, H.A. Jamali,
M. Makkiabadi, Z. Naghdali, K.S. Hashim, R. Ghanbari,
Simultaneous removal of phenol and linear alkylbenzene
sulfonate from automotive service station wastewater:
optimization of coupled electrochemical and physical processes,
Sep. Sci. Technol., 54 (2019) 1–11.
- M. Mousazadeh, M.M. Emamjomeh, Evaluation of the
Performance of Adsorption, Electrochemical (ECF), and
Physical Hybrid Processes in Carwash Wastewater Treatment,
Thesis, Qazvin University, Iran, 2019.
- M.E. Olya, A. Pirkarami, Electrocoagulation for the removal of
phenol and aldehyde contaminants from resin effluent, Water
Sci. Technol., 68 (2013) 1940–1949.
- A. Aygun, B. Nas, M.F. Sevimli, Treatment of reactive dyebath
wastewater by electrocoagulation process: optimization and
cost-estimation, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 36 (2019) 1441–1449.
- T. Karichappan, S. Venkatachalam, P.M. Jeganathan,
Optimization of electrocoagulation process to treat grey
wastewater in batch mode using response surface methodology,
J. Environ. Health Sci. Eng., 12 (2014) 29.
- K. Praveen, K. Radha, N. Balasubramanian, Electrochemical
treatment of plating effluent: kinetics and statistical modeling,
Arch. Environ. Sci., 5 (2011) 17–24.
- N. Fayad, The Application of Electrocoagulation Process for
Wastewater Treatment and for the Separation and Purification
of Biological Media, Université Clermont Auvergne, France
- A. Dalvand, M. Gholami, A. Joneidi, N.M. Mahmoodi,
Dye removal, energy consumption and operating cost of
electrocoagulation of textile wastewater as a clean process,
Clean–Soil Air Water, 39 (2011) 665–672.
- E. Bazrafshan, A.H. Mahvi, Textile wastewater treatment by
electrocoagulation process using aluminum electrodes, Iran.
J. Health Sci., 2 (2014) 16–29.
- B.K. Nandi, S. Patel, Effects of operational parameters on the
removal of brilliant green dye from aqueous solutions by
electrocoagulation, Arabian J. Chem., 10 (2017) S2961–S2968.
- Z. Beiramzadeh, M. Baqersad, M. Aghababaei, Application of the
response surface methodology (RSM) in heavy metal removal
from real power plant wastewater using electrocoagulation,
Eur. J. Environ. Civ. Eng., (2019) 1–19, https://doi.org/10.1080/19
- E. Karamati-Niaragh, M.R.A. Moghaddam, M.M. Emamjomeh,
E. Nazlabadi, Evaluation of direct and alternating current on
nitrate removal using a continuous electrocoagulation process:
economical and environmental approaches through RSM,
J. Environ. Manage., 230 (2019) 245–254.
- S. Elabbas, N. Ouazzani, L. Mandi, F. Berrekhis, M. Perdicakis,
S. Pontvianne, M.N. Pons, F. Lapicque, J.P. Leclerc,
Treatment of highly concentrated tannery wastewater using
electrocoagulation: influence of the quality of aluminum used
for the electrode, J. Hazard. Mater., 319 (2016) 69–77.
- M.R. Sankar, V. Sivasubramanian, Application of statistical
design to optimize the electrocoagulation of synthetic Congo
red dye solution and predicting the mechanism, Int. J. Environ.
Sci. Technol., 17 (2020) 1373–1386.
- M. Bayramoglu, M. Eyvaz, M. Kobya, Treatment of the textile
wastewater by electrocoagulation: economical evaluation,
Chem. Eng. J., 128 (2007) 155–161.
- D.T. Moussa, M.H. El-Naas, M. Nasser, M.J. Al-Marri,
A comprehensive review of electrocoagulation for water
treatment: potentials and challenges, J. Environ. Manage.,
186 (2017) 24–41.
- O. Sahu, Suitability of aluminum material on sugar industry
wastewater with chemical and electrochemical treatment
processes, Int. J. Ind. Chem., 10 (2019) 335–347.
- J. Ge, J. Qu, P. Lei, H. Liu, New bipolar electrocoagulation–electroflotation process for the treatment of laundry wastewater,
Sep. Purif. Technol., 36 (2004) 33–39.
- G. Hasani, A. Maleki, H. Daraei, R. Ghanbari, M. Safari,
G. McKay, K. Yetilmezsoy, F. Ilhan, N. Marzban, A comparative
optimization and performance analysis of four different
electrocoagulation-flotation processes for humic acid removal
from aqueous solutions, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 121 (2019)
- F. Janpoor, A. Torabian, V. Khatibikamal, Treatment of
laundry waste‐water by electrocoagulation, J. Chem. Technol.
Biotechnol., 86 (2011) 1113–1120.
- M. Solak, M. Kılıç, Y. Hüseyin, A. Şencan, Removal of suspended
solids and turbidity from marble processing wastewaters by
electrocoagulation: comparison of electrode materials and
electrode connection systems, J. Hazard. Mater., 172 (2009)
- S. Abbasi, M. Mirghorayshi, S. Zinadini, A. Zinatizadeh, A novel
single continuous electrocoagulation process for treatment of
licorice processing wastewater: optimization of operating factors
using RSM, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 134 (2020) 323–332.
- H.C.L. Geraldino, J.I. Simionato, T.K.F. de Souza Freitas,
J.C. Garcia, O. de Carvalho Júnior, C.J. Correr, Efficiency and
operating cost of electrocoagulation system applied to the
treatment of dairy industry wastewater, Acta Sci. Technol.,
37 (2015) 401–408.
- S. Moosavirad, Treatment and operation cost analysis of
greywater by electrocoagulation and comparison with
coagulation process in mining areas, Sep. Sci. Technol.,
52 (2017) 1742–1750.
- F. Deniz, C. Akarsu, Operating cost and treatment of boron from
aqueous solutions by electrocoagulation in low concentration,
Global Challenges, 2 (2018) 1800011.
- Y. Yavuz, Ü. Ögütveren, Treatment of industrial estate
wastewater by the application of electrocoagulation process
using iron electrodes, J. Environ. Manage., 207 (2018) 151–158.
- Z. Gönder, G. Balcıoğlu, Y. Kaya, I. Vergili, Treatment of
carwash wastewater by electrocoagulation using Ti electrode:
optimization of the operating parameters, Int. J. Environ. Sci.
Technol., 16 (2019) 8041–8052.
- S. Mahesh, B. Prasad, I. Mall, I. Mishra, Electrochemical
degradation of pulp and paper mill wastewater, Part 1. COD
and color removal, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 45 (2006) 2830–2839.
- F. Orssatto, M.H.F. Tavares, F.M. da Silva, E. Eyng, L. Fleck,
L.M. Frare, Optimization of the treatment of wastewater from
a slaughterhouse and packing plant by the combination of
electrocoagulation and tannin-based coagulant, Desal. Water
Treat., 102 (2018) 82–92.
- M. Asselin, P. Drogui, H. Benmoussa, J.F. Blais, Effectiveness
of electrocoagulation process in removing organic compounds
from slaughterhouse wastewater using monopolar and bipolar
electrolytic cells, Chemosphere, 72 (2008) 1727–1733.
- M. Kobya, H. Hiz, E. Senturk, C. Aydiner, E. Demirbas,
Treatment of potato chips manufacturing wastewater by
electrocoagulation, Desalination, 190 (2006) 201–211.