- J. Anandkumar, B. Mandal, Removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous
solution using Bael fruit (Aegle marmelos correa) shell as an
adsorbent, J. Hazard. Mater., 168 (2009) 633–640.
- H. Kalavathy, B. Karthik, L.R. Miranda, Removal and recovery
of Ni and Zn from aqueous solution using activated carbon
from Hevea brasiliensis: batch and column studies, Colloids
Surf., B, 78 (2010) 291–302.
- EPA, National Primary Drinking Water Regulations for Nickel,
United States Environmental Protection Agency, United States,
- F.L. Fu, Q. Wang, Removal of heavy metal ions from
wastewaters: a review, J. Environ. Manage., 92 (2011) 407–418.
- Ç. Kırbıyık, A.E. Pütün, E. Pütün, Comparative studies on
adsorptive removal of heavy metal ions by biosorbent, biochar
and activated carbon obtained from low cost agro-residue,
Water Sci. Technol., 73 (2016) 423–436.
- T. Tay, M. Candan, M. Erdem, Y. Çimen, H. Türk, Biosorption
of cadmium ions from aqueous solution onto non-living lichen Ramalina fraxinea biomass, CLEAN Soil Air Water, 37 (2009)
- M. Kavand, T. Kaghazchi, M. Soleimani, Optimization of
parameters for competitive adsorption of heavy metal ions
(Pb2+, Ni2+, Cd2+) onto activated carbon, Korean J. Chem. Eng.,
31 (2014) 692–700.
- M. Danish, R. Hashim, M. Rafatullah, O. Sulaiman, A. Ahmad,
Govind, Adsorption of Pb(II) ions from aqueous solutions by
date bead carbon activated with ZnCl2, CLEAN Soil Air Water,
39 (2011) 392–399.
- T. Altun, E. Pehlivan, Removal of copper(II) ions from aqueous
solutions by walnut-, hazelnut- and almond shells, CLEAN Soil
Air Water, 35 (2007) 601–606.
- K.L. Wasewar, M. Atif, B. Prasad, I.M. Mishra, Adsorption
of zinc using tea factory waste: kinetics, equilibrium and
thermodynamics, CLEAN Soil Air Water, 36 (2008) 320–329.
- D. Waseem, T. Ebadi, A. Fahimifar, Optimization of hexavalent
chromium removal from aqueous solution using acid-modified
granular activated carbon as adsorbent through response surface
methodology, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 32 (2015) 1119–1128.
- M. Danish, R. Hashim, M.N.M. Ibrahim, M. Rafatullah,
O. Sulaiman, Surface characterization and competitive adsorption
properties of Cr(VI) on pyrolysed adsorbents of Acacia
mangium wood and Phoenix dactylifera L. stone carbon, J. Anal.
Appl. Pyrolysis, 97 (2012) 19–28.
- M.N. Siddiqui, H.H. Redhwi, A.A. Al-Saadi, M. Rajeh,
T.A. Saleh, Kinetic and computational evaluation of activated
carbon produced from rubber tires toward the adsorption
of nickel in aqueous solutions, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016)
- A. Damaj, G.M. Ayoub, M. Al-Hindi, H. El Rassy, Activated
carbon prepared from crushed pine needles used for the
removal of Ni and Cd, Desal. Water Treat., 53 (2015) 3371–3380.
- M. Ugurlu, I. Kula, M.H. Karaoğlu, Y. Arslan, Removal of Ni(II)
ions from aqueous solutions using activated-carbon prepared
from olive stone by ZnCl2 activation, Environ. Prog. Sustainable
Energy, 28 (2009) 547–557.
- H. Hasar, Adsorption of nickel(II) from aqueous solution onto
activated carbon prepared from almond husk, J. Hazard. Mater.,
97 (2003) 49–57.
- M. Arshadi, M.J. Amiri, S. Mousavi, Kinetic, equilibrium and
thermodynamic investigations of Ni(II), Cd(II), Cu(II) and
Co(II) adsorption on barley straw ash, Water Resour. Ind.,
6 (2014) 1–17.
- M. Amini, H. Younesi, Biosorption of Cd(II), Ni(II) and
Pb(II) from aqueous solution by dried biomass of Aspergillus
niger: application of response surface methodology to the
optimization of process parameters, CLEAN Soil Air Water,
37 (2009) 776–786.
- M. Danish, R. Hashim, M.N.M. Ibrahim, M. Rafatullah,
O. Sulaiman, T. Ahmad, M. Shamsuzzoha, A. Ahmad, Sorption
of copper(II) and nickel(II) ions from aqueous solutions
using calcium oxide activated date (Phoenix dactylifera) stone
carbon: equilibrium, kinetic, and thermodynamic studies,
J. Chem. Eng. Data, 56 (2011) 3607–3619.
- M. Karnib, A. Kabbani, H. Holail, Z. Olama, Heavy metals
removal using activated carbon, silica and silica activated
carbon composite, Energy Procedia, 50 (2014) 113–120.
- K. Kadirvelu, C. Faur-Brasquet, P. Le Cloirec, Removal of Cu(II),
Pb(II), and Ni(II) by adsorption onto activated carbon cloths,
Langmuir, 16 (2000) 8404–8409.
- C.Y. Lu, C. Liu, G.P. Rao, Comparisons of sorbent cost for the
removal of Ni2+ from aqueous solution by carbon nanotubes
and granular activated carbon, J. Hazard. Mater., 151 (2008)
- D. Satapathy, G.S. Natarajan, Potassium bromate modification
of the granular activated carbon and its effect on nickel
adsorption, Adsorption, 12 (2006) 147–154.
- H. Marsh, F.R. Reinoso, Activated Carbon, Elsevier Science and
Technology Books, London, 2006.
- A.H. Faramarzi, T. Kaghazchi, H. Ale Ebrahim, A. Afshar
Ebrahimi, A mathematical model for prediction of pore size
distribution development during activated carbon preparation,
Chem. Eng. Commun., 202 (2015) 131–143.
- R.M. Ali, H.A. Hamad, M.M. Hussein, G.F. Malash, Potential of
using green adsorbent of heavy metal removal from aqueous
solutions: adsorption kinetics, isotherm, thermodynamic,
mechanism and economic analysis, Ecol. Eng., 91 (2016) 317–332.
- D.D. Do, Adsorption Analysis: Equilibria and Kinetics,
Imperial College Press, London, 1998.
- F. Bouhamed, Z. Elouear, J. Bouzid, B. Ouddane, Multicomponent
adsorption of copper, nickel and zinc from aqueous
solutions onto activated carbon prepared from date stones,
Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 23 (2016) 15801–15806.
- M.A. Ale Ebrahim, T. Ebadi, Zinc and nickel removal from
aqueous solution by activated carbon in batch and permeable
reactive barrier (PRB) systems, Desal. Water Treat., 118 (2018)
- N. Balasubramanian, T. Kojima, C. Srinivasakannan, Arsenic
removal through electrocoagulation: kinetic and statistical
modeling, Chem. Eng. J., 155 (2009) 76–82.
- A. Sari, M. Tuzen, D. Citak, M. Soylak, Equilibrium, kinetic
and thermodynamic studies of adsorption of Pb(II) from
aqueous solution onto Turkish kaolinite clay, J. Hazard. Mater.,
149 (2007) 283–291.
- R. Kumar, R. Singh, N. Kumar, K. Bishnoi, N.R. Bishnoi,
Response surface methodology approach for optimization of
biosorption process for removal of Cr(VI), Ni(II) and Zn(II)
ions by immobilized bacterial biomass sp. Bacillus brevis, Chem.
Eng. J., 146 (2009) 401–407.
- R.C. Bansal, M. Goyal, Activated Carbon Adsorption, Taylor &
Francis, London, 2005.
- M. Asadullah, M.A. Rahman, M.A. Motin, M.B. Sultan,
Preparation and adsorption studies of high specific surface area
activated carbons obtained from the chemical activation of jute
stick, Adsorpt. Sci. Technol., 24 (2006) 761–770.
- H. Runtti, S. Tuomikoski, T. Kangas, U. Lassi, T. Kuokkanen,
J. Rämö, Chemically activated carbon residue from biomass
gasification as a sorbent for iron(II), copper(II) and nickel(II)
ions, J. Water Process Eng., 4 (2014) 12–24.