- WHO, Air Quality Guidelines for Europe, Geneva, 1987.
- K. Badham, R. Mehra, R.G. Sonkawade, Measurement of radon
concentration in ground water using RAD7 and assessment of
average dose in the environs of NITJ, India, Indian J. Pure Appl.
Phys., 48 (2010) 508–511.
- EC, Commission Recommendation of 20 December 2001 on the
Protection of the Public against Exposure to Radon in Drinking
Water Supplies, Official Journal of the European Communities,
L344, 2001, pp. 85–88.
- R.G. Sonkawade, R. Ram, D.K. Kanjilal, C. Ramola, Radon in
tube well drinking water and indoor air, Indoor Built Environ.,
13 (2004) 383–386.
- NRC (National Research Council), Risk Assessment of Radon
in Drinking Water, National Academy Press, Washington, DC,
- USEPA, National Water Quality Inventory 2000 Report, United
States Environmental Protection Agency Office of Water,
US Environmental Protection Agency, EPA-841-R-02–001,
Washington, DC, 2000.
- WHO, Progress on Drinking Water and Sanitation, World
Health Organization, Geneva, 2012.
- UNSCEAR, Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation, Vol. I
Annex A: Dose Assessment Methodologies, United Nations
Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, United
Nations, New York, NY, 2000.
- F. Alshahri, A. El-Taher, A.-E. Elzain, Characterization of radon
concentration and annual effective dose of soil surrounding a
refinery area, Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia, J. Environ. Sci. Technol.,
10 (2017) 311–319.
- A. El-Taher, A. El-Turki, Radon activity measurements in
irrigation water from Qassim Province using RAD7, J. Environ.
Biol., 37 (2016) 1299–1302.
- S.S. Althoyaib, A. El-Taher, Natural radioactivity levels of
radon, radium and the associated health effects in drinking
water consumed in Qassim area, Saudi Arabia, J. Environ. Sci.
Technol., 9 (2016) 208–213.
- J.M. Lee, G.A. Kim, Simple and rapid method for analyzing
radon in coastal and ground waters using a radon-in-air
monitor, J. Environ. Radioact., 89 (2006) 219–228.
- A. Jalili-Majareshin, A. Behtash, D. Rezaei, D. Ochbelagh,
Radon concentration in hot springs of the touristic city of Sarein
and methods to reduce radon in water, Radiat. Phys. Chem.,
81 (2012) 749–757.
- W. Alharbi, A.G.E. Abbady, A. El-Taher, Radon concentrations
measurement for groundwater using active detecting method,
Am. Sci. Res. J. Eng. Technol. Sci., 14 (2015) 1–11.
- USEPA, Assessment of Risks from Radon in Homes, Air
and Radiation (6608J), (EPA 402-R-03–003), United States
Environmental Protection Agency, 2003.
- IAEA, Measurement of Radionuclides in Food and the
Environment a Guidebook, Technical Reports Series No. 295,
International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, 1989.
- V. Nero Anthony, W.W. Nazaroff, Radon and Its Decay Products
in Indoor Air, John Wiley, New York, NY, 1988.
- S.S. Althoyaib, A. El-Taher, The measurement of radon and
radium concentrations in well water from Al-Jawaa, Saudi
Arabia, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 304 (2015) 547–552.
- K.R. Somashekar, K.P. Ravi, Radon concentration in
groundwater of Varahi and Markandeya river basins, Karnataka
State, India, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 285 (2010) 343–351.
- U. Cevik, N. Daml, G. Karahan, N. Celebi, A.I. Kobya, Natural
radioactivity in tap waters of eastern black sea region of Turkey,
Radiat. Prot. Dosim., 118 (2006) 88–92.
- A.-E. Elzain, A study on the radon concentrations in drinking
water in Kassala State (Eastern Sudan) and the associated health
effects, World Appl. Sci. J., 31 (2014) 367–375.
- USEPA, Reducing Radon in Drinking Water, Series Water
facts 30, United States Environmental Protection Agency, The
Pennsylvania State University, 2017.
- UNSCEAR, Effects of Ionizing Radiation, United Nations
Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, 2009.
- WHO, Guidelines for Drinking-Water Quality, 4th ed., World
Health Organization, WHO Press, 2011.
- M.N. Alam, M.I. Chowdhury, M. Kamal, S. Ghose, M.N. Islam,
M, Anwauddin, Radiological assessment of drinking water of
the Chittagong Region of Bangladesh, Radiat. Prot. Dosim.,
82 (1999) 207–214.
- J. Singh, H. Singh, S. Singh, B. Bajwa, Estimation of uranium and
radon concentration in some drinking water samples of Upper
Siwaliks, India, Environ. Monit. Assess., 154 (2009) 15–22.
- J. Nikolov, N. Todorovic, S. Forkapic, I. Bikit, D. Mrdja, Radon
in drinking water in Novi Sad, Proc. World Acad. Sci. Eng.
Technol., 76 (2011) 307–310.
- U.H. Bem, U. Plota, M. Staniszewska, E.M. Bem, D. Mazurek,
Radon-222 in underground drinking water supplies of the
Southern Greater Poland Region, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem.,
299 (2014) 1307–1312.
- H.A. Yalim, A. Sandikcioglu, R. Unal, O. Orhun, Measurements
of radon concentrations in well waters near the Aksehir fault
zone in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey, Radiat. Meas., 42 (2007)
- B.A. Al-Bataina, A.M. Ismail, M.K. Kullab, K.M. Abumurad,
H. Mustafa, Radon measurements in different types of natural
waters measured in Jordan, Radiat. Meas., 28 (1997) 591–594.
- A.L. Marques, W.D. Santos, L.P. Geraldo, Direct measurements
of radon activity in water from various natural sources using
nuclear track detectors, Appl. Radiat. Isot., 60 (2004) 801–804.
- A. Rani, R. Mehra, V. Duggal, Radon monitoring in groundwater
samples from some areas of northern Rajasthan, India, using a
RAD7 detector, Radiat. Prot. Dosim., 153 (2013) 496–501.
- E.I. Shabana, W.H. Abulfaraj, A.A. Kinsara, O.S. Abu Riziza,
Natural radioactivity in the groundwater of Wadi Numan,
Mecca Province, Saudi Arabia, Radiochim. Acta, 101 (2013)
- A. El-Taher, Measurement of radon concentrations and their
annual effective dose exposure in groundwater from Qassim
Area, Saudi Arabia, J. Environ. Sci. Technol., 5 (2012) 475–481.
- A.I. Abdulaaly, Occurrence of radon in the central region
groundwater of Saudi Arabia, J. Environ. Radioact., 44 (1999)