- E. Kumpel, C. Delaire, R. Peletz, J. Kisiangani, A. Rinehold,
J. De France, D. Sutherland, R. Khush, Measuring the impacts
of water safety plans in the Asia-Pacific region, Int. J. Environ.
Res. Public Health, 15 (2018) 1–8, doi:10.3390/ijerph15061223.
- A. Roeger, A.F. Tavares, Water safety plans by utilities: a review
of research on implementation, Util. Policy, 53 (2018) 15–24.
- Safe Water System Disease, Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention CDC. Disease and SWS Impact, 2014. Available at:
- M.D. Kirk, F.J. Angulo, A.H. Havelaar, R.E. Black, Diarrhoeal
disease in children due to contaminated food, Bull. World
Health Organ., 95 (2017) 233–234.
- A. Eslami, M. Ghaffari, B. Barikbin, F. Fanaei, Assessment of
safety in drinking water supply system of Birjand city using
World Health Organization’s water safety plan, Environ. Health
Eng. Manage. J., 5 (2018) 39–47 (in Persian).
- A. Eslami, M. Ghafari, V. Sohbatloo, Safety assessment of
Zanjan drinking water system using water safety plan, J. Hum.
Environ. Health Promotion, 2 (2017) 138–146.
- WHO, Guidelines for Drinking-Water Quality, 3rd ed., World
Health Organization, Geneva, 2004.
- G. Ferrero, F. Bichai, M. Rusca, Experiential learning through
role-playing: enhancing stakeholder collaboration in water
safety plans, Water, 10 (2018) 1–11, doi: 10.3390/w10020227.
- M.S. Winkler, D. Jackson, D. Sutherland, L. Jose Marie,
S. Vishwanath, K.M. Samuel Fuhrimann, Sanitation safety
planning as a tool for achieving safely managed sanitation
systems and safe use of wastewater, WHO South-East Asia J.
Public Health, 6 (2017) 34–40.
- S. Najafi, S.H.R. Sadeghi, T. Heckmann, Temporospatial
variations of structural sediment connectivity patterns in
Taham-Chi watershed in Zanjan province, Iran, J. Soil Water
Conserv., 24 (2017) 131–147 (in Persian).
- ZRW Authority, Zanjan Provience Water Resource Information,
Zanjan Regional Water Company, 2019. Available at: https://
- M. Gholami, The Evaluation of Khoy City Based on Step to Step
Risk Assessment, 14th Iraninan National Enviormental Health
Conference, Yazd, Iran, 2012 (in Persian).
- WHO, WSP Training Package, World Health Organization, 2012.
Available at: https://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/
publications/wsp_training_package/en (Accessed January 5,
- M. Aghaei, R. Nabizade, S. Nasseri, K. Naddafi, A.H. Mahvi,
S. Karimzade, Risk assessment of water supply system safety
based on WHO water safety plan; case study: Ardabil, Iran,
Desal. Water Treat., 80 (2017) 133–141.
- E. Hoshyari, N. Hassanzadeh, M. Khodabakhshi, Risk
assessment of water supply system safety based on water safety
plan (WSP) implementation in Hamadan, Iran, Arch. Hyg. Sci.,
8 (2019) 46–55.
- S. Shafiei, M. Khazaei, R. Nabizadeh, M. Fahiminia, M. Leili,
V. Razmju, R. Ansari, M. Aghaei, Conducting a water safety plan
(WSP) relied on WHO recommendations for the assessment of
Qom desalinated water supply system, Avicenna J. Environ.
Health Eng., 4 (2017) 24–28.
- S. Shafiei, M. Khazaei, R. Nabizadeh, A. Soltanzadeh,
A. Mohammadbeigi, V. Razmju, R. Ansari, System assessment
and analysis of dangers in water safety plan: a case study in a
desert city in Iran in 2017, J. Adv. Environ. Health Res., 6 (2018)
- S. Kunikane, Application of Water Safety Plan to Drinking Water
Quality Management in Japan, Memorias de Governmental
Conference, Okinawa, Enero, 2007.
- S. Wise, Melbourne Water’s Eastern Treatment Plant (ETP),
Proceedings of the 68th Annual Water Industry Engineers and
Operators Conference, Bendigo, 2005.
- N. Staben, H.J. Malzer, W. Merkel, Implementation of a
Technical Risk Management Concept Based on Water Safety
Plans: A Benefit for German Water Supply, Proceedings of the
IWA World Water Congress and Exhibition, Vienna, 2008.
- K.C. Kanyesigye, S.J. Marks, J. Nakanjako, J. Nakanjako,
F. Kansiime, G. Ferrero, Status of water safety plan development
and implementation in Uganda, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public
Health, 16 (2019) 1–17, doi: 10.3390/ijerph16214096.
- M.J. Gunnarsdottir, S.M. Gardarsson, M.J. Figueras,
C. Puigdomenech, R. Juarez, G. Saucedo, M.J. Arnedo, Water
safety plan enhancements with improved drinking water
quality detection techniques, Sci. Total Environ., 698 (2020)
1–34, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.134185.
- N. Daneshi, R.F. Nafchi, H. Banejad, Prediction of temporal
changes of head loss in sand filter, J. Water Wastewater,
29 (2018) 78–87 (in Persian).
- D.A. Cornwell, R.G. Lee, Waste stream recycling: its effect
on water quality, J. Am. Water Works Assoc., 86 (1994) 50–63.
- WHO, Guidelines for Drinking-Water Quality, 4th ed., World
Health Organization, Geneva, 2017.
- J. Bartram, C. Brocklehurst, D. Bradley, M. Muller, B. Evans,
Policy review of the means of implementation targets and
indicators for the sustainable development goal for water and
sanitation, NPJ Clean Water, 1 (2018) 1–5.
- K.E. Setty, A Complex Public Health Intervention to Improve
Drinking Water Safety Shows Contextual Variability in High-
Income Countries, Dissertation, University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill Graduate School, 2019.