- Noor-ul-Amin, A. Hussain, S. Alamzeb, S. Begum, Accumulation
of heavy metals in edible parts of vegetables irrigated
with waste water and their daily intake to adults and children,
District Mardan, Pakistan, Food Chem., 136 (2013) 1515–1523.
- W. Jiang, Q.Y. Hou, Z.F. Yang, T. Yu, C. Zhong, Y. Yang,
Y.R. Fu, Annual input fluxes of heavy metals in agricultural
soil of Hainan Island, China, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 21 (2014)
- N. Othman, N. Azhar, P.S. Megat Abdul Rani, H.M. Zaini,
Metal Removal and Antimicrobial Properties of Watermelon
Rind Modified with Clove, 2nd International Conference on
Green Design and Manufacture 2016 (IConGDM 2016), Volume
78, MATEC Web of Conferences, EDP Sciences, 2016.
- A. Emamverdian, Y.L. Ding, F. Mokhberdoran, Y.F. Xie, Heavy
metal stress and some mechanisms of plant defense response,
Sci. World J., 2015 (2015), https://doi.org/10.1155/2015/756120.
- M. Hua, S. Zhang, B.C. Pan, W.M. Zhang, L. Lv, Q.X. Zhang,
Heavy metal removal from water/wastewater by nanosized
metal oxides: a review, J. Hazard. Mater., 211 (2012) 317–331.
- S.M. Moosavirad, R. Sarikhani, E. Shahsavani, S.Z. Mohammadi,
Removal of some heavy metals from inorganic industrial
wastewaters by ion exchange method, J. Water Chem. Technol.,
37 (2015) 191–199.
- J.H. Qiu, S.H. Dong, H.B. Wang, X. Cheng, Z.L. Du,
Adsorption performance of low-cost gelatin–montmorillonite
nanocomposite for Cr(III) ions, RSC Adv., 5 (2015) 58284–58291.
- Y.L. Zhang, C.J. Gao, W.J. Zhao, Z.W. Zhou, W.W. Yan, X.L. Li,
Y. Liu, Z.M. Sun, G. Zhao, J.P. Gao, Fabrication of chitosan/gelatin
foams with ordered porous structures for use in drug release
and metal ion adsorption, RSC Adv., 4 (2014) 33840–33847.
- B.J. Pan, B.C. Pan, W.M. Zhang, L. Lv, Q.X. Zhang,
S.R. Zheng, Development of polymeric and polymer-based
hybrid adsorbents for pollutants removal from waters, Chem.
Eng. J., 151 (2009) 19–29.
- I.G.B. Kaya, D. Duranoglu, U. Beker, B.F. Senkal, Development
of polymeric and polymer‐based hybrid adsorbents for
chromium removal from aqueous solution, CLEAN–Soil Air
Water, 39 (2011) 980–988.
- M. Bilal, J.A. Shah, T. Ashfaq, S.M.H. Gardazi, A.A. Tahir,
A. Pervez, H. Haroon, Q. Mahmood, Waste biomass adsorbents
for copper removal from industrial wastewater—a review,
J. Hazard. Mater., 263 (2013) 322–333.
- N. Afshari, M. Nikazar, Removal of heavy metals (Pb(II),
Cd(II), Cr(VI)) from aqueous solutions by agricultural solid
waste (straw and wheat husk) adsorption, Afinidad: Revista de
química teórica y aplicada, 62 (2005) 326–336.
- S. Sethi, A. Dutta, B.L. Gupta, S. Gupta, Antimicrobial activity
of spices against isolated food borne pathogens, Int. J. Pharm.
Sci., 5 (2013) 260–262.
- B.C. Nzeako, Z.S.N. Al-Kharousi, Z. Al-Mahrooqui, Antimicrobial
activities of clove and thyme extracts, Sultan Qaboos
Univ. Med. J., 6 (2006) 33–39.
- L.K. Kanthal, A. Dey, K. Satyavathi, P. Bhojaraju, GC-MS
analysis of bio-active compounds in methanolic extract
of Lactuca runcinata DC, Pharmacogn. Res., 6 (2014) 58–61.
- A.-H. Rasmey, F. Mahran, Bioactivity of clove (Syzygium
aromaticum) against some taxa of enterobacteriaceae isolated
from fresh ground beef, Egypt. J. Microbiol., 53 (2018) 207–218.
- H.Y. Zhang, B.H. Kong, Y.L. Xiong, X. Sun, Antimicrobial
activities of spice extracts against pathogenic and spoilage
bacteria in modified atmosphere packaged fresh pork and
vacuum packaged ham slices stored at 4°C, Meat Sci., 81 (2009)
- H.K. Cressy, A.R. Jerrett, C.M. Osborne, P.J. Bremer, A novel
method for the reduction of numbers of Listeria monocytogenes cells by freezing in combination with an essential oil in
bacteriological media, J. Food Prot., 66 (2003) 390–395.
- M. Ogata, M. Hoshi, S. Urano, T. Endo, Antioxidant activity
of eugenol and related monomeric and dimeric compounds,
Chem. Pharm. Bull., 48 (2000) 1467–1469.
- M. Friedman, P.R. Henika, R.E. Mandrell, Bactericidal
activities of plant essential oils and some of their isolated
constituents against Campylobacter jejuni, Escherichia coli, Listeria
monocytogenes, and Salmonella enterica, J. Food Prot., 65 (2002)
- T. Tworkoski, Herbicide effects of essential oils, Weed Sci.,
50 (2002) 425–431.
- I.-K. Park, S.-C. Shin, Fumigant activity of plant essential
oils and components from garlic (Allium sativum) and clove
bud (Eugenia caryophyllata) oils against the Japanese termite
(Reticulitermes speratus Kolbe), J. Agric. Food Chem., 53 (2005)
- H.A. Hassoon, A.M. Najem, Removal of some traces heavy
metals from aqueous solutions by water hyacinth leaves
powder, Iraqi J. Sci., 58 (2017) 611–618.
- M.A. Barakat, New trends in removing heavy metals from
industrial wastewater, Arabian J. Chem., 4 (2011) 361–377.
- M. Foroughi, P. Najafi, S. Toghiani, Trace elements removal
from waster water by Ceratophyllum demersum, J. Appl. Sci.
Environ. Manage., 15 (2011) 194–201.
- H. Noritomi, R. Ishiyama, R. Kai, D. Iwai, M. Tanaka,
S. Kato, Immobilization of lysozyme on biomass charcoal
powder derived from plant biomass wastes, J. Biomater.
Nanobiotechnol., 3 (2012) 446–451.
- C. Mateo, O. Abian, G. Fernandez-Lorente, B.C.C. Pessela,
V. Grazu, J.M. Guisan, R. Fernandez-Lafuente, Multi-point
covalent immobilization of enzymes on supports activated with
epoxy groups: stabilization of industrial enzymes, Methods
Mol. Biol., 2100 (2020) 109–117.
- D. Ranmadugala, A. Ebrahiminezhad, M. Manley-Harris,
Y. Ghasemi, A. Berenjian, Magnetic immobilization of bacteria
using iron oxide nanoparticles, Biotechnol. Lett., 40 (2018)
- R.S. Singh, R.P. Singh, J.F. Kennedy, Immobilization of yeast
inulinase on chitosan beads for the hydrolysis of inulin in a
batch system, Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 95 (2017) 87–93.
- M. Zahmatkesh, H. Spanjers, J.B. van Lier, A novel approach for
application of white rot fungi in wastewater treatment under
non-sterile conditions: immobilization of fungi on sorghum,
Environ. Technol., 39 (2018) 2030–2040.
- C.M. Xie, X. Lu, L. Han, J.L. Xu, Z.M. Wang, L.L. Jiang,
K.F. Wang, H.P. Zhang, F.Z. Ren, Y.H. Tang, Biomimetic
mineralized hierarchical graphene oxide/chitosan scaffolds
with adsorbability for immobilization of nanoparticles for
biomedical applications, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 8 (2016)
- P. Aranda, E. Ruiz‐Hitzky, Immobilization of nanoparticles
on fibrous clay surfaces: towards promising nanoplatforms
for advanced functional applications, Chem. Rec., 18 (2018)
- S.S. Faujdar, D. Bisht, A. Sharma, Antibacterial activity of Syzygium aromaticum (clove) against uropathogens producing
ESBL, MBL, and AmpC beta-lactamase: are we close to getting
a new antibacterial agent?, J. Family Med. Prim. Care, 9 (2020)
- R. Hemalatha, P. Nivetha, C. Mohanapriya, G. Sharmila,
C. Muthukumaran, M. Gopinath, Phytochemical composition,
GC-MS analysis, in vitro antioxidant and antibacterial potential
of clove flower bud (Eugenia caryophyllus) methanolic extract,
J. Food Sci. Technol., 53 (2016) 1189–1198.