- F.M.D. Chequer, D.J. Dorta, D. Palma de Oliveira, Azo Dyes
and Their Metabolites: Does the Discharge of the Azo Dye
into Water Bodies Represent Human and Ecological Risks,
P.J. Hauser, Ed., Advances in Treating Textile Effluent, 2011,
InTechOpen. Available at: https://www.intechopen.com/
- R.D. Saini, Textile organic dyes: polluting effects and
elimination methods from textile waste water, Int. J. Chem.
Eng. Res., 9 (2017) 121–136.
- Y. Anjaneyulu, N. Sreedhara Chary, D.S. Suman Raj,
Decolourization of industrial effluents – available methods and
emerging technologies – a review, Rev. Environ. Sci. Biotechnol.,
4 (2005) 245–273.
- P. Nigam, G. Armou, I.M. Banat, D. Singh, R. Marchant,
Physical removal of textile dyes and solid-state fermentation
of dye-adsorbed agricultural residues, Bioresour. Technol.,
72 (2000) 219–226.
- P. Pengthamkeerati, T. Satapanajaru, N. Chatasatapattayakul,
P. Chairattanamanokom, N. Sananwai, Alkaline treatment of
biomass fly ash for reactive dye removal from aqueous solution,
Desalination, 261 (2010) 34–40.
- M. Mobarak, E.A. Mohamed, A.Q. Selim, M.F. Eissa,
M.K. Seliem, Experimental results and theoretical statistical
modelling of malachite green adsorption onto MCM-41 silica/rice husk composite modified by beta radiation, J. Mol. Liq.,
273 (2019) 68–82.
- S. De Gisi, G. Lofrano, M. Grassi, M. Notarnicola, Characteristics
and adsorption capacities of low-cost sorbents foe waste
water treatment: a review, Sustainable Mater. Technol., 9 (2016)
- K.D. Zhang, F.C. Tsai, N. Ma, Y. Xia, H.L. Liu, X.Q. Zhan,
X.Y. Yu, X.Z. Zeng, T. Jiang, D. Shi, C.J. Chang, Adsorption
behavior of high stable Zr-based MOFs for the removal of acid
organic dye from water, Materials, 10 (2017) 205, doi: 10.3390/
- A. Mohamed, S. Yousef, M.A. Abdelnaby, T. Osman, B. Hamawandi,
M. Toprak, M. Muhammed, A. Uheida, Photocatalytic
degradation of organic dyes and enhanced mechanical
properties of PAN/CNTs composite nanofibers, Sep. Purif.
Technol., 182 (2017) 219–223.
- S. Kuriakose, B. Satpati, S. Mohapatra, Highly efficient
photocatalytic degradation of organic dyes by Cu doped
ZnO nanostructures, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 17 (2015)
- M. Pourgholi, R.M. Jahandizi, M. Miranzadeh, O.H. Beigi,
S. Dehghan, Removal of dye and COD from textile wastewater
using AOP (UV/O3, UV/H2O2, O3/H2O2 and UV/H2O2/O3),
J. Environ. Health Sustainable Dev., 3 (2018) 630–636.
- V.K. Gupta, R. Jain, A. Mittal, T.A. Saleh. A. Nayak, S. Agarwal,
S. Sikarwar, Photo-catalytic degradation of toxic dye amaranth
on TiO2/UV in aqueous suspensions, Mater. Sci. Eng., C,
32 (2012) 12–17.
- V.K. Gupta, Suhas, Application of low-cost adsorbents for dye
removal – a review, J. Environ. Manage., 90 (2009) 2313–2342.
- L. Bulgariu, L.B. Escudero, O.S. Bello, M. Iqbal, J. Nisar,
K.A. Adegoke, F. Alakhras, M. Kornaros, I. Anastopoulos,
The utilization of leaf-based adsorbents for dyes removal:
a review, J. Mol. Liq., 276 (2019) 728–747.
- A. Kausar, M. Iqbal, A. Javed, K. Aftab, Z.-i.-H. Nazil,
H.N. Bhatti, S. Nouren, Dye adsorption using clay and modified
clay: a review, J. Mol. Liq., 256 (2018) 395–407.
- I. Anastopoulos, A. Hosseini-Bandegharaei, J. Fu, A.C. Mitropoulos,
G.Z. Kyzas, Use of nanoparticles to dye adsorption:
review, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol., 39 (2017) 836–847.
- A. Bhatnagar, M. Sillanpaa, A. Witek-Krowiak, Agricultural
waste peels as versatile biomass for water purification –
a review, Chem. Eng. J., 270 (2015) 244–271.
- I. Khurana, A. Saxena, Bharti, J.M. Khurana, P.K. Rai, Removal
of dyes using graphene-based composites: a review, Water
Air Soil Pollut., 228 (2017) 180, doi: 10.1007/s11270-017-3361-1.
- C. Arora, S. Soni, S. Sahu, J. Mittal, P. Kumar, P.K. Bajpai,
Iron based metal organic framework for efficient removal
of methylene blue dye from industrial waste, J. Mol. Liq.,
284 (2019) 343–352.
- C. Arora, D. Sahu, D. Bharti, V. Tamrakar, S. Soni, S. Sharma,
Adsorption of hazardous dye crystal violet from industrial
waste using low cost adsorbent Chenopodium album, Desal.
Water Treat., 167 (2019) 324–332.
- I.D. Mall, V.C. Srivastava, N.K. Agarwal, I.M. Mishra,
Adsorptive removal of malachite green dye from aqueous
solution by bagasse fly ash and activated carbon kinetic study
and equilibrium isotherm analyses, Colloids Surf., A, 264 (2005)
- M.M. Hasan, M.N. Hasan, M.R. Awual, M.M. Islam,
Biodegradable natural carbohydrate polymeric sustainable
adsorbents for efficient toxic dye removal from wastewater,
J. Mol. Liq., 319 (2020) 1143562, doi: 10.1016/j.molliq.2020.114356.
- A.J. Khan, J. Song, K. Ahmed, A. Rahim, P.L.O. Volpe,
Mesoporous silica MCM-41, SBA-15 and derived bridged
polysilsesquioxane SBA-PMDA for the selective removal of
textile reactive dyes from wastewater, J. Mol. Liq., 298 (2020)
111957, doi: 10.1016/j.molliq.2019.111957.
- N. Marsiezade, V. Javanbakht, Novel hollow beads of
carboxymethyl cellulose/ZSM-5/ZIF-8 for dye removal from
aqueous solution in batch and continuous fixed bed systems,
Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 162 (2020) 1140–1152.
- S.I. Siddiqui, F. Zohra, S.A. Chaudhry, Nigella sativa seed based
nanohybrid composite-Fe2O3–SnO2/BC: a novel material for
enhanced adsorptive removal of methylene blue from water,
Environ. Res., 178 (2019) 1086672, doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2019.108667.
- W. Astuti, A. Chafidz, E.T. Wahyuni, A. Prasetya, Methyl violet
dye removal using coal fly ash (CFA) as a dual sites adsorbent,
J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 7 (2019), doi: 10.1016/j.jece.2019.103262.
- X. Yao, Y. Zheng, H. Zhou, K. Xu, Q. Xu, L. Li, Effects of biomass
blending, ashing temperature and potassium addition on ash
sintering behaviour during co-firing of pine sawdust with
a Chinese anthracite, Renewable Energy, 147 (2020) 2309–2320.
- X. Yao, H. Zhou, K. Xu, S. Chen, J. Ge, Q. Xu, Systematic
study on ash transformation behaviour and thermal kinetic
characteristics during co-firing of biomass with high ratios
of bituminous coal, Renewable Energy, 147 (2020) 1453–1468.
- X. Yao, H. Zhou, K. Xu, Q. Xu, L. Li, Evaluation of the fusion
and agglomeration properties of ashes from combustion of
biomass, coal and their mixtures and the effects of K2CO3
additives, Fuel, 255 (2019) 11829–11840.
- V. Tamrakar, C. Arora, Curcuma caesia: present status and future
prospect as herbal drug, Prog. Agric., 23 (2019) 113–117.
- K.V. Roopavathi, S. Shanthakumar, Adsorption capacity of
Curcuma longa for the removal of basic green 1 dye - equilibrium,
kinetics and thermodynamic study, J. Environ. Biol., 37 (2016)
- A. Mittal, J. Mittal, A. Malviya, D. Kaur, V.K. Gupta, Adsorption
of hazardous dye crystal violet from waste water by waste
materials, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 343 (2010) 463–473.
- A.L. Prasad, T. Santhi, Adsorption of hazardous cationic dyes
from aqueous solution onto Acacia nilotica leaves as an eco
friendly adsorbent, Sustainable Environ. Res., 22 (2012) 113–122.
- S. Senthilkumar, P. Kalaamani, C.V. Subburaam, Liquid
phase adsorption of crystal violet onto activated carbons
derived from male flowers of coconut tree, J. Hazard. Mater.,
136 (2006) 800–808.
- J.X. Yu, J. Zhu, L.Y. Feng, X.L. Cai, Y.F. Zhang, R.A. Chi, Removal
of cationic dyes by modified waste biosorbent under continuous
model: competitive adsorption and kinetics, Arabian J. Chem.,
12 (2019) 2044–2051.
- A.K. Jain, V.K. Gupta, A. Bhatnagar, Suhas, Utilization of
industrial waste products as adsorbents for the removal of
dyes, J. Hazard. Mater., 101 (2003) 31–42.
- A.K. Jain, V.K. Gupta, A. Bhatnagar, S. Jain, Suhas, A comparative
assessment of adsorbents prepared from industrial wastes for
the removal of cationic dye, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 80 (2003)
- J. Song, W. Zou, Y. Bian, F. Su, R. Han, Adsorption characteristics
of methylene blue by peanut husk in batch and column modes,
Desalination, 265 (2011) 119–125.
- W.J. Weber, Physicochemical Processes for Quality Control,
Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, 1972.
- K.I. Anderson, M. Erikson, M. Norgen, Lignin removal by
adsorption to fly ash in wastewater generated by mechanical
pulping, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 51 (2012) 3444–3451.
- C. Arora, S. Bhattacharya, S. Soni, P. Maji, Scanning Electron
Microscopy: Theory and Applications, Y. Tutar, Ed., Essential
Techniques for Medical and Life Scientists: A Guide to
Contemporary Methods and Current Applications With the
Protocols: Part 2, Bentham Science Publishers, Singapore, 2020,
- Y. Fu, L. Qin, D. Huang, G. Zeng, C. Lai, B. Li, J. He, H. Yi,
M. Zhang, M. Cheng, X. Wen, Chitosan functionalized activated
coke for Au nanoparticles anchoring: green synthesis and
catalytic activities in hydrogenation of nitrophenols and azo
dyes, Appl. Catal., B, 255 (2019) 117740–117746.
- L. Qin, Z. Zeng, G. Zeng, C. Lai, A. Duan, R. Xiao, D. Huanga,
Y. Fu, H. Yi, B. Li, X. Liu, S. Liu, M. Zhang, D. Jiang, Cooperative
catalytic performance of bimetallic Ni-Au nanocatalyst
for highly efficient hydrogenation of nitroaromatics and
corresponding mechanism insight, Appl. Catal., B, 259 (2019),
- S. Soni, P.K. Bajpai, J. Mittal, C. Arora, Utilisation of cobalt
doped iron based MOF for enhanced removal and recovery of
methylene blue dye from waste water, J. Mol. Liq., 284 (2020)
- S.S. Baral, N. Das, T.S. Ramulu, S.K. Sahoo, S.N. Das,
G.R. Chaudhury, Removal of Cr(VI) by thermally activated
weed Salvinia cucullata in a fixed–bed column, J. Hazard. Mater.,
161 (2009) 1427–1435.
- A. Olgun, N. Atar, Equilibrium and kinetic adsorption study
of Basic Yellow 28 and Basic Red 46 by a boron industry waste,
J. Hazard. Mater., 161 (2009) 148–156.
- L. Monse, N. Adhoum, Tartrazine modified activated carbon
for the removal of Pb(II), Cd(II) and Cr(III), J. Hazard. Mater.,
161 (2009) 263–269.
- P. Suksabye, P. Thiravetyan, W. Nakbanpote, Column study
of Chromium(VI) adsorption from electroplating industry by
coconut coir pith, J. Hazard. Mater., 160 (2008) 56–62.
- G. Bayramoglu, G. Celik, M.Y. Arica, Biosorption of Reactive
Blue 4 dye by native and treated fungus Phanerocheate
chrysosporium: batch and continuous flow system studies,
J. Hazard. Mater., 137 (2006) 1689–1697.
- A. Mittal, J. Mittal, L. Kurup, Batch and bulk removal of
hazardous dye, Indigo carmine from wastewater through
adsorption, J. Hazard. Mater., 137 (2006) 591–602.
- J.M. Chernand, Y.W. Chien, Adsorption of nitro phenol onto
activated carbon: isotherms and breakthrough curves, Water
Res., 36 (2002) 647–655.
- A.S. Michaels, Breakthrough curves in ion–exchange, Ind.
Eng. Chem., 44 (1952) 1922–1930.
- W.A. Johnston, Designing fixed bed adsorbers, Chem. Eng.,
79 (1972) 87–92.
- T.W. Seow, C.K. Lim, Removal of dye by adsorption: a review,
Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res., 11 (2016) 2675–2679.
- A. Mittal, J. Mittal, A. Malviya, V.K. Gupta, Removal and
recovery of chrysoidine Y from aqueous solutions by waste
materials, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 344 (2010) 497–507.
- B.H. Hameed, A.A. Ahmad, Batch adsorption of methylene
blue from aqueous solution by garlic peel, an agricultural waste
biomass, J. Hazard. Mater., 164 (2009) 870–875.
- C. Arora, P. Kumar, S. Soni, J. Mittal, A. Mittal, B. Singh, Efficient
removal of malachite green dye from aqueous solution using
Curcuma caesia based activated carbon, Desal. Water Treat.,
195 (2020) 341–352.
- P. Qin, Y. Yang, X. Zhang, J. Niu, H. Yang, S. Tian, J. Zhu, M. Lu,
Highly efficient, rapid and simultaneous removal of cationic
dyes from aqueous solution using monodispersed mesoporous
silica nanoparticles as the adsorbent, Nanomaterials, 8 (2018),
- Y. Han, M. Liu, K. Li, Q. Sun, W. Zhang, C. Song, G. Zhang,
Z.C. Zhang, X. Guo, In situ synthesis of titanium doped hybrid
metal-organic framework UiO-66 with enhanced adsorption
capacity for organic dyes, Inorg. Chem. Front., 4 (2017)
- A. Mittal, J. Mittal, A. Malviya, D. Kaur, V.K. Gupta, Decoloration
treatment of a hazardous triarylmethane dye, light green SF
(yellowish) by waste material adsorbents, J. Colloid Interface
Sci., 342 (2010) 518–527.
- Y. Xu, J. Jin, X. Li, Y. Han, H. Meng, C. Song, X. Zhang,
Magnetization of a Cu(II)-1,3,5-benzenetricarboxylate metalorganic
framework for efficient solid phase extraction of congo
red, Microchim. Acta, 182 (2015) 2313–2320.
- B.S. Kaith, J. Sharma, Sukriti, S. Sethi, T. Kaur, U. Shankar,
V. Jassal, Fabrication of green device for efficient capture
of toxic methylene blue from industrial effluent based on
- 2·9H2O nanoparticles reinforced gum xanthanpsyllium
hydrogel nanocomposite, J. Chin. Adv. Mater. Soc.,
4 (2016) 249–268.
- A.K. Kushwaha, N. Gupta, M.C. Chattopadhyaya, Removal
of cationic methylene blue and malachite green dyes from
aqueous solution by waste materials of Daucus carota, J. Saudi
Chem. Soc., 18 (2014) 200–207.
- R. Jain, S. Sikarwar, Photocatalytic and adsorption studies on
the removal of dye congo red from wastewater, Int. J. Environ.
Pollut., 27 (2006) 158–178.
- C. Li, X. Wang, D. Meng, L. Zhou, Facile synthesis of low
cost magnetic biosorbent from peach gum polysaccharide for
selective and efficient removal of cationic dyes, Int. J. Biol.
Macromol., 107 (2018) 1871–1878.