- A.A. Mohammed, Z.T. Abd Ali, Z.B. Masood, A comparative
isothermal and kinetic study of the removal of lead(II) from
aqueous solution using different sorbents, Assoc. Arab Univ.
J. Eng. Sc., 25 (2018) 1–21.
- Z.B. Masood, Z.T. Abd Ali, Numerical modeling of twodimensional
simulation of groundwater protection from lead
using different sorbents in permeable barriers, Environ. Eng.
Res., 25 (2020) 605–613.
- X.X. Wang, X. Li, J.Q. Wang, H.T. Zhu, Recent advances in
carbon nitride-based nanomaterials for the removal of heavy
metal ions from aqueous solution, J. Inorg. Mater., 35 (2020)
- X.L. Liu, H.W. Pang, X.W. Liu, Q. Li, N. Zhang, L. Mao,
M.Q. Qiu, B.W. Hu, H. Yang, X.K. Wang, Orderly porous
covalent organic frameworks-based materials: superior
adsorbents for pollutants removal from aqueous solutions,
Innovation, 2 (2021) 100076, doi: 10.1016/j.xinn.2021.100076.
- Q.Q. Cai, B.D. Turner, D.C. Sheng, S. Sloan, Application of
kinetic models to the design of a calcite permeable reactive
barrier (PRB) for fluoride remediation, Water Res., 130 (2018)
- S. Chatterjee, M. Mukherjee, S. De, Groundwater defluoridation
and disinfection using carbonized bone meal impregnated
polysulfone mixed matrix hollow-fiber membranes, J. Water
Process Eng., 33 (2020) 101002, doi: 10.1016/j.jwpe.2019.101002.
- E.M. Nigri, M.A.P. Cechinel, D.A. Mayer, L.P. Mazur,
J.M. Loureiro, S.D.F. Rocha, V.J.P. Vilar, Cow bones char as a
green sorbent for fluorides removal from aqueous solutions:
batch and fixed-bed studies, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 24 (2017)
- M. Talat, S. Mohan, V. Dixit, D.K. Singh, S.H. Hasan,
O.N. Srivastava, Effective removal of fluoride from water
by coconut husk activated carbon in fixed bed column:
experimental and breakthrough curves analysis, Groundwater
Sustainable Dev., 7 (2018) 48–55.
- S. Srivastava, S.J.S. Flora, Fluoride in drinking water and
skeletal fluorosis: a review of the global impact, Curr. Environ.
Health Rep., 7 (2020) 140–146.
- A. Singh, A.K. Patel, M. Kumar, Mitigating the Risk of Arsenic
and Fluoride Contamination of Groundwater Through a
Multi-Model Framework of Statistical Assessment and Natural
Remediation Techniques, M. Kumar, D. Snow, R. Honda,
Eds., Emerging Issues in the Water Environment during
Anthropocene, Springer, Singapore, 2020, pp. 285–300.
- AA.H. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Remediation of groundwater
contaminated with the lead–phenol binary system by granular
dead anaerobic sludge-permeable reactive barrier, Environ.
Technol., 38 (2017) 2534–2542.
- Z.T. Abd Ali, H.M. Flayeh, M.A. Ibrahim, Numerical modeling
of performance of olive seeds as permeable reactive barrier
for containment of copper from contaminated groundwater,
Desal. Water Treat., 139 (2019) 268–276.
- A.A.H. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Using sewage sludge as a permeable
reactive barrier for remediation of groundwater contaminated
with lead and phenol, Sep. Sci. Technol., 52 (2017) 732–742.
- Z.T. Abd Ali, Green synthesis of graphene-coated sand
(GCS) using low-grade dates for evaluation and modeling
of the pH-dependent permeable barrier for remediation of
groundwater contaminated with copper, Sep. Sci. Technol.,
56 (2021) 14–25.
- U. Kumarasinghe, K. Kawamoto, T. Saito, Y. Sakamoto,
M.I.M. Mowjood, Evaluation of applicability of filling materials
in permeable reactive barrier (PRB) system to remediate
groundwater contaminated with Cd and Pb at open solid waste
dump sites, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 120 (2018) 118–127.
- A.H. Sulaymon, A.A.H. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Performance of
granular dead anaerobic sludge as permeable reactive barrier
for containment of lead from contaminated groundwater,
Desal. Water Treat., 56 (2015) 327–337.
- A.A.H. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Groundwater protection from
lead contamination using granular dead anaerobic sludge
biosorbent as permeable reactive barrier, Desal. Water Treat.,
57 (2016) 3891–3903.
- Z.T. Abd Ali, Using activated carbon developed from Iraqi date
palm seeds as permeable reactive barrier for remediation of
groundwater contaminated with copper, Al-Khwarizmi Eng. J.,
12 (2016) 34–44.
- A.A. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Phenol removal using granular dead
anaerobic sludge permeable reactive barrier in a simulated
groundwater pilot plant, J. Eng., 20 (2014) 63–79.
- A.F. Ali, Z.T. Abd Ali, Sustainable use of concrete demolition
waste as reactive material in permeable barrier for remediation
of groundwater: batch and continuous study, J. Environ.
Eng., 146 (2020) 04020048.
- S. Sen Gupta, T.S. Sreeprasad, S.M. Maliyekkal, S.K. Das,
T. Pradeep, Graphene from sugar and its application in water
purification, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 4 (2012) 4156–4163.
- R. Dubey, J. Bajpai, A.K. Bajpai, Green synthesis of graphene
sand composite (GSC) as novel adsorbent for efficient removal
of Cr(VI) ions from aqueous solution, J. Water Process
Eng., 5 (2015) 83–94.
- R. Rezaee, S. Nasseri, A.H. Mahvi, R. Nabizadeh, S.A. Mousavi,
A. Maleki, M. Alimohammadi, A. Jafari, S.H. Borji, Development
of a novel graphene oxide-blended polysulfone mixed matrix
membrane with improved hydrophilicity and evaluation
of nitrate removal from aqueous solutions, Chem. Eng.
Commun., 206 (2019) 495–508.
- E. Ruiz‐Hitzky, M. Darder, F.M. Fernandes, E. Zatile,
F.J. Palomares, P. Aranda, Supported graphene from natural
resources: easy preparation and applications, Adv. Mater.,
23 (2011) 5250–5255.
- J. Wang, C. Chen, Biosorbents for heavy metals removal
and their future, Biotechnol. Adv., 27 (2009) 195–226.
- N. Saad, Z.T. Abd Ali, L.A. Naji, A.A.A.H. Faisal, N. Al-Ansari,
N. Saad, Z.T. Abd Ali, L.A. Naji, A.A.A.H. Faisal, N. Al-Ansari,
Development of Bi-Langmuir model on the sorption of
cadmium onto waste foundry sand: effects of initial pH and
temperature, Environ. Eng. Res., 25 (2019) 677–684.
- H. Yılmaz, Characterization and comparison of leaching
behaviors of fly ash samples from three different power plants
in Turkey, Fuel Process. Technol., 137 (2015) 240–249.
- J.H. Cushman, D.M. Tartakovsky, Eds., The Handbook of
Groundwater Engineering, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2016.
- A.A.H. Faisal, Z.T. Abd Ali, Using granular dead anaerobic
sludge as permeable reactive barrier for remediation of
groundwater contaminated with phenol, J. Environ. Eng.,
141 (2015) 04014072.
- Z.T. Abd Ali, Combination of the artificial neural network and
advection-dispersion equation for modeling of methylene
blue dye removal from aqueous solution using olive stones
as reactive bed, Desal. Water Treat., 179 (2020) 302–311.
- G. Shaverdi, Developing a Model for Mass Transfer in
Adsorption Packed-Bed Filters, Degree of Master of Applied
Science (Mechanical Engineering) at Concordia University,
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2012.
- G.S. Bohart, E.Q. Adams, Some aspects of the behavior of
charcoal with respect to chlorine, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 42 (1920)
- H.C. Thomas, Heterogeneous ion exchange in a flowing
system, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 66 (1944) 1664–1666.
- R.M. Clark, Evaluating the cost and performance of field-scale
granular activated carbon systems, Environ. Sci. Technol.,
21 (1987) 573–580.
- J.C. Tewari, K. Malik, In situ laboratory analysis of sucrose
in sugarcane bagasse using attenuated total reflectance
spectroscopy and chemometrics, Int. J. Food Sci. Technol.,
42 (2007) 200–207.
- C. Shan, H. Yang, D. Han, Q. Zhang, A. Ivaska, L. Niu, Watersoluble
graphene covalently functionalized by biocompatible
poly-L-lysine, Langmuir, 25 (2009) 12030–12033.
- Y. Tao, D. Kong, C. Zhang, W. Lv, M. Wang, B. Li, Z.-H. Huang,
F. Kang, Q.-H. Yang, Monolithic carbons with spheroidal and
hierarchical pores produced by the linkage of functionalized
graphene sheets, Carbon, 69 (2014) 169–177.
- S. Khan, A.A. Edathil, F. Banat, Sustainable synthesis of
graphene-based adsorbent using date syrup, Sci. Rep., 9 (2019)
- K. Yang, B. Chen, L. Zhu, Graphene-coated materials using
silica particles as a framework for highly efficient removal
of aromatic pollutants in water, Sci. Rep., 5 (2015) 11641,
- J. Anwar, U. Shafique, M. Salman, A. Dar, S. Anwar, Removal
of Pb(II) and Cd(II) from water by adsorption on peels of
banana, Bioresour. Technol., 101 (2010) 1752–1755.
- A. Ramdani, S. Taleb, A. Benghalem, N. Ghaffour, Removal of
excess fluoride ions from Saharan brackish water by adsorption
on natural materials, Desalination, 250 (2010) 408–413.
- M. Habuda-Stanić, M. Ergović Ravančić, A. Flanagan, A review
on adsorption of fluoride from aqueous solution, Materials,
7 (2014) 6317–6366.
- J. Přech, K.N. Bozhilov, J. El Fallah, N. Barrier, V. Valtchev,
Fluoride etching opens the structure and strengthens the active
sites of the layered ZSM-5 zeolite, Microporous Mesoporous
Mater., 280 (2019) 297–305.
- S. Mohan, D.K. Singh, V. Kumar, S.H. Hasan, Effective removal
of fluoride ions by rGO/ZrO2 nanocomposite from aqueous
solution: fixed bed column adsorption modelling and its
adsorption mechanism, J. Fluorine Chem., 194 (2017) 40–50.