- K. Sampathkumar, T.V. Arjunan, P. Senthilkumar,
investigation of a solar still coupled with
an evacuated tube collector, Energy Sources Part A, 35 (2013)
- G.N. Tiwari, L. Sahota, Review on the energy and economic
efficiencies of passive and active solar distillation system,
Desalination, 401 (2017) 151–179.
- T. Arunkumar, R. Velraj, D.C. Denkenberger, R. Sathyamurthy,
K. Vinoth Kumar, A. Ahsan, Productivity enhancements
of compound parabolic concentrator tubular solar stills,
Renewable Energy, 88 (2016) 391–400.
- G.N. Tiwari, Solar Energy: Fundamentals, Design, Modeling
and Applications, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, 2002.
- S. Abdallah, O. Badran, M.M. Abu-Khader, Performance
evaluation of a modified design of a single slope solar still,
Desalination, 219 (2008) 222–230.
- R. Sathyamurthy, S.A. El-Agouz, P.K. Nagarajan, J. Subramani,
T. Arunkumar, D. Mageshbabu, B. Madhu, R. Bharathwaaj,
N. Prakash, A review of integrating solar collectors to solar
still, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 77 (2017) 1069–1097.
- A. Kumar, S. Kumar, U. Nagar, A. Yadav, Experimental
study of thermal performance of one-ended evacuated tubes
for producing hot air, J. Sol. Energy, 2013 (2013) 524715,
- H. Kargar Sharif Abad, M. Ghiasi, S. Jahangiri Mamouri,
M.B. Shafii, A novel integrated solar desalination system with
a pulsating heat pipe, Desalination, 311 (2013) 206–210.
- G.M. Zaki, A. Al-Turki, M. Al-Fatani, Experimental investigation
on concentrator-assisted solar-stills, Int. J. Sol. Energy, 11 (1992)
- O.O. Badran, H.A. Al-Tahaineh, The effect of coupling a flatplate
collector on the solar still productivity, Desalination,
183 (2005) 137–42.
- N. Rahbar, J.A. Esfahani, Experimental study of a novel portable
solar still by utilizing the heat pipe and thermoelectric module,
Desalination, 284 (2012) 55–61.
- A. Kasaeian, A.T. Eshghi, M. Sameti, A review on the
applications of nanofluids in solar energy systems. Renewable
Sustainable Energy Rev., 43 (2015) 584–598.
- S.A. Kalogirou, Solar thermal collectors and applications,
Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., 30 (2004) 231–295.
- P. Durkaieswaran, K. Kalidasa Murugavel, Various special
designs of single basin passive solar still – a review, Renewable
Sustainable Energy Rev., 49 (2015) 1048–1060.
- H.E.S. Fath, M. El-Samanoudy, K. Fahmy, A. Hassabou,
Thermal-economic analysis and comparison between pyramidshaped
and single-slope solar still configurations, Desalination,
159 (2003) 69–79.
- V. Velmurugan, M. Gopalakrishnan, R. Raghu, K. Srithar, Single
basin solar still with fin for enhancing productivity, Energy
Convers. Manage., 49 (2008) 2602–2608.
- M.A. Samee, U.K. Mirza, T. Majeed, N. Ahmad, Design and
performance of a simple single basin solar still, Renewable
Sustainable Energy Rev., 11 (2007) 543–549.
- S. Kumar, G.N. Tiwari, Analytical expression for instantaneous
exergy efficiency of a shallow basin passive solar still, Int. J.
Therm. Sci., 50 (2011) 2543–2549.
- L.M. Ayompe, A. Duffy, M. Mc Keever, M. Conlon,
S.J. McCormack, Comparative field performance study of
flat plate and heat pipe evacuated tube collectors (ETCs) for
domestic water heating systems in a temperate climate, Energy,
36 (2011) 3370–3378.
- I. Budihardjo, G.L. Morrison, Performance of water-in-glass
evacuated tube solar water heaters, Sol. Energy, 83 (2009)
- M.S. Hossain, R. Saidur, H. Fayaz, N.A. Rahim, M.R. Islam,
J.U. Ahamed, M.M. Rahman, Review on solar water heater
collector and thermal energy performance of circulating pipe,
Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 15 (2011) 3801–3812.
- M.A. Sabiha, R. Saidur, S. Mekhilef, O. Mahian, Progress
and latest developments of evacuated tube solar collectors,
Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 51 (2015) 1038–1054.
- S.-Y. Yan, R. Tian, S. Hou, L.-N. Zhang, Analysis on unsteady
state efficiency of glass evacuated solar collector with an
inserted heat pipe, J. Eng. Thermophys., 29 (2008) 323–326.
- L. Xu, Z.F. Wang, G.F. Yuan, X. Li, Y. Ruan, A new dynamic test
method for thermal performance of all-glass evacuated solar air
collector, Sol. Energy, 86 (2012) 1222–1231.
- J.T. Kim, H.T. Ahn, H.J. Han, H.T. Kim, W.G. Chun,
The performance simulation of all-glass vacuum tubes with
coaxial fluid conduit, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer,
34 (2007) 587–597.
- R.B. Liang, L.D. Ma, J.L. Zhang, D. Zhao, Theoretical and
experimental investigation of the filled-type evacuated tube
solar collector with U-tube, Sol. Energy, 85 (2011) 1735–1744.
- J. Arturo Alfaro-Ayala, G. Martínez-Rodríguez, M. Picón-Núñez, A.R. Uribe-Ramírez, A. Gallegos-Muñoz, Numerical
study of a low temperature water-in-glass evacuated tube solar
collector, Energy Convers. Manage., 94 (2015) 472–481.
- Y. Kim, T. Seo, Thermal performances comparisons of the glass
evacuated tube solar collectors with shapes of absorber tube,
Renewable Energy, 32 (2007) 772–795.
- H. Jafari Mosleh, S. Jahangiri Mamouri, M.B. Shafii, A. Hakim
Sima, A new desalination system using a combination of heat
pipe, evacuated tube and parabolic trough collector, Energy
Convers. Manage., 99 (2015) 141–150.
- H.J. Han, J.T. Kim, H.T. Ahn, S.J. Lee, A three-dimensional
performance analysis of all-glass vacuum tubes with coaxial
fluid conduit, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer, 35 (2008)
- A. Madduri, D. Loeder, N. Beutler, M. He, S. Sanders,
Concentrated Evacuated Tubes for Solar-Thermal Energy
Generation Using Stirling Engine, 2012 IEEE Energytech, IEEE,
Cleveland, OH, USA, 2012, pp. 1–6.
- Chr. Lamnatou, E. Papanicolaou, V. Belessiotis, N. Kyriakis,
Experimental investigation and thermodynamic performance
analysis of a solar dryer using an evacuated-tube air collector,
Appl. Energy, 94 (2012) 232–243.
- A. Fudholi, K. Sopian, M.H. Ruslan, M.A. Alghoul,
M.Y. Sulaiman, Review of solar dryers for agricultural and
marine products, Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev., 14 (2010)
- R. Kumar, R.S. Adhikari, H.P. Garg, A. Kumar, Thermal
performance of a solar pressure cooker based on evacuated tube
solar collector, Appl. Therm. Eng., 21 (2001) 1699–1706.
- S.P. Vendan, L.P.A. Shunmuganathan, T.M. Kumar, C.S. Thanu,
Study on design of an evacuated tube solar collector for high
temperature steam generation, Int. J. Emerging Technol. Adv.
Eng., 2 (2012).
- J.R. Mehta, M.V. Rane, Liquid desiccant based solar air
conditioning system with novel evacuated tube collector as
regenerator, Procedia Eng., 51 (2013) 688–693.
- M.I. Fadhel, K. Sopian, W.R.W. Daud, Performance analysis of
solar-assisted chemical heat-pump dryer, Sol. Energy, 84 (2010)
- J.S. Gao, X. Ge, The Study of Solar Heat Pump with All-Glass
Evacuated Tube, 2009 International Conference on Electrical
Machines and Systems, IEEE, Tokyo, Japan, 2009, pp. 1–4.
- A. Çağlar, C. Yamalı, Performance analysis of a solar-assisted
heat pump with an evacuated tubular collector for domestic
heating, Energy Build., 54 (2012) 22–28.
- R. Shukla, K. Sumathy, P. Erickson, J.W. Gong, Recent advances
in the solar water heating systems: a review, Renewable
Sustainable Energy Rev., 19 (2013) 173–190.
- A. Sakhrieh, A. Al-Ghandoor, Experimental investigation of the
performance of five types of solar collectors, Energy Convers.
Manage., 65 (2013) 715–720.
- S. Rittidech, A. Donmaung, K. Kumsombut, Experimental
study of the performance of a circular tube solar collector with
closed-loop oscillating heat-pipe with check valve (CLOHP/CV), Renewable Energy, 34 (2009) 2234–2238.
- G.L. Morrison, I. Budihardjo, M. Behnia, Water-in-glass
evacuated tube solar water heater, Sol. Energy, 76 (2004)
- A.M. El-Nashar, Seasonal effect of dust deposition on a field
of evacuated tube collectors on the performance of a solar
desalination plant, Desalination, 239 (2009) 66–81.
- E. Zambolin, D. Del Col, Experimental analysis of thermal
performance of flat plate and evacuated tube solar collectors in
stationary standard and daily conditions, Sol. Energy, 84 (2010)
- A.A. Al-Karaghouli, W.E. Alnaser, Performances of single and
double basin solar-stills, Appl. Energy, 78 (2004) 347–354.
- R. Schmid, R.E. Collins, B.A. Pailthorpe, Heat transport in
Dewar-type evacuated tubular collectors, Sol. Energy, 45 (1990)
- L.D. Ma, Z. Lu, J.L. Zhang, R.B. Liang, Thermal performance
analysis of the glass evacuated tube solar collector with U-tube,
Build. Environ., 45 (2010) 1959–1967.
- A.W. Badar, R. Buchholz, F. Ziegler, Experimental and theoretical
evaluation of the overall heat loss coefficient of vacuum
tubes of a solar collector, Sol. Energy, 85 (2011) 1447–1456.
- Z.Y. Li, C. Chen, H.L. Luo, Y. Zhang, Y.N. Xue, All-glass vacuum
tube collector heat transfer model used in forced-circulation
solar water heating system, Sol. Energy, 84 (2010) 1413–1421.
- R. Tripathi, G.N. Tiwari, Effect of water depth on internal heat
and mass transfer for active solar distillation, Desalination,
173 (2005) 187–200.
- V.R. Dunkle, Solar Water Distillation; the Roof Type Still and the
Multiple Effect Diffusor, International Developments in Heat
Transfer, ASME, Part V University of Colorado, 1961.
- A.Kr. Tiwari, G.N. Tiwari, Effect of water depths on heat
and mass transfer in a passive solar still: in summer climatic
condition, Desalination, 195 (2006) 78–94.
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, Effect of energy matrices on life cycle
cost analysis of partially covered photovoltaic compound
parabolic concentrator collector active solar distillation system,
Desalination, 397 (2016) 75–91.
- J. Ghaderian, N.A.C. Sidik, A. Kasaeian, S. Ghaderian,
A. Okhovat, A. Pakzadeh, S. Samion, W.J. Yahya, Performance
of copper oxide/distilled water nanofluid in evacuated tube
solar collector (ETSC) water heater with internal coil under
thermosyphon system circulations, Appl. Therm. Eng.,
121 (2017) 520–536.
- G.N. Tiwari, R.K. Mishra, Advanced Renewable Energy Sources,
Royal Society of Chemistry Publishing House, UK, 2012.
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, Exergoeconomic, enviroeconomic and
productivity analyses of basin type solar stills by incorporating
N identical PVT compound parabolic concentrator collectors:
a comparative study, Energy Convers. Manage., 135 (2017)
- R.V. Singh, S. Kumar, M.M. Hasan, M. Emran Khan,
G.N. Tiwari, Performance of a solar still integrated with
evacuated tube collector in natural mode, Desalination,
318 (2013) 25–33.
- Y. Zhiqiang, G.L. Harding, B. Window, Water-in-glass
manifolds for heat extraction from evacuated solar collector
tubes, Sol. Energy, 32 (1984) 223–230.
- S. Kumar, A. Dubey, G.N. Tiwari, A solar still augmented with
an evacuated tube collector in forced mode, Desalination,
347 (2014) 15–24.
- K. Sampathkumar, P. Senthilkumar, Utilization of solar water
heater in a single basin solar still—an experimental study,
Desalination, 297 (2012) 8–19.
- Z.M. Omara, M.A. Eltawil, E.S.A. El Nashar, A new hybrid
desalination system using wicks/solar still and evacuated solar
water heater, Desalination, 325 (2013) 56–64.
- S. Jahangiri Mamouri, H. Gholami Derami, M. Ghiasi,
M.B. Shafii, Z. Shiee, Experimental investigation of the effect
of using thermosyphon heat pipes and vacuum glass on the
performance of solar still, Energy, 75 (2014) 501–507.
- M. Yari, A.E. Mazareh, A.S. Mehr, A novel cogeneration system
for sustainable water and power production by integration
of a solar still and PV module, Desalination, 398 (2016) 1–11.
- M.B. Shafii, M. Shahmohamadi, M. Faegh, H. Sadrhosseini,
Examination of a novel solar still equipped with evacuated tube
collectors and thermoelectric modules, Desalination, 382 (2016)
- S.W. Sharshir, G.L. Peng, N. Yang, M.A. Eltawil, M.K.A. Ali,
A.E. Kabeel, A hybrid desalination system using humidificationdehumidification
and solar stills integrated with evacuated
solar water heater, Energy Convers. Manage., 124 (2016)
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, Energy, exergy and cost analyses
of N identical evacuated tubular collectors integrated basin
type solar stills: a comparative study, Sol. Energy, 155 (2017)
- G.L. Harding, Y. Zhiqiang, D.W. Mackey, Heat extraction
efficiency of a concentric glass tubular evacuated collector,
Sol. Energy, 35 (1985) 71–79.
- L.J. Shah, S. Furbo, Vertical evacuated tubular-collectors
utilizing solar radiation from all directions, Appl. Energy,
78 (2004) 371–395.
- I. Budihardjo, G.L. Morrison, M. Behnia, Natural circulation
flow through water-in-glass evacuated tube solar collectors,
Sol. Energy, 81 (2007) 1460–1472.
- J. Ghaderian, N.A.C. Sidik, An experimental investigation
on the effect of Al2O3/distilled water nanofluid on the energy
efficiency of evacuated tube solar collector, Int. J. Heat Mass
Transfer,108 (2017) 972–987.
- R.S. Tang, Y.Q. Yang, W.F. Gao, Comparative studies on thermal
performance of water-in-glass evacuated tube solar water
heaters with different collector tilt-angles, Sol. Energy, 85 (2011)
- R. Dev, G.N. Tiwari, Annual performance of evacuated tubular
collector integrated solar still, Desal. Water Treat., 41 (2012)
- X.R. Zhang, H. Yamaguchi, An experimental study on evacuated
tube solar collector using supercritical CO2, Appl. Therm. Eng.,
28 (2008) 1225–1233.
- M. Mahendran, G.C. Lee, K.V. Sharma, A. Shahrani, R.A. Bakar,
Performance of evacuated tube solar collector using waterbased
titanium oxide nanofluid, J. Mech. Eng. Sci., 3 (2012)
- N.A.C. Sidik, S. Samion, J. Ghaderian, M.N.A.W.M. Yazid,
Recent progress on the application of nanofluids in minimum
quantity lubrication machining: a review, Int. J. Heat Mass
Transfer, 108 (2017) 79–89.
- M. Shahi, A. Houshang Mahmoudi, F. Talebi, Numerical
simulation of steady natural convection heat transfer in a
3-dimensional single-ended tube subjected to a nanofluid,
Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer, 37 (2010) 1535–1545.
- M.A. Sabiha, R. Saidur, S. Hassani, Z. Said, S. Mekhilef, Energy
performance of an evacuated tube solar collector using single
walled carbon nanotubes nanofluids, Energy Convers. Manage.,
105 (2015) 1377–1388.
- S. Iranmanesh, H.C. Ong, B.C. Ang, E. Sadeghinezhad,
A. Esmaeilzadeh, M. Mehrali, Thermal performance enhancement
of an evacuated tube solar collector using graphene
nanoplatelets nanofluid, J. Cleaner Prod., 162 (2016) 121–129.
- H.A. Hussain, Q. Jawad, K.F. Sultan, Experimental analysis on
thermal efficiency of evacuated tube solar collector by using
nanofluids, Int. J. Sustainable Green Energy, 4 (2015) 19–28.
- Y.J. Tong, J.H. Kim, H.Y. Cho, Effects of thermal performance
of enclosed-type evacuated U-tube solar collector with multiwalled
carbon nanotube/water nanofluid, Renewable Energy,
83 (2015) 463–473.
- A. Papadimitratos, S. Sobhansarbandi, V. Pozdin, A. Zakhidov,
F. Hassanipour, Evacuated tube solar collectors integrated with
phase change materials, Sol. Energy, 129 (2016) 10–19.
- J.T. Kim, H.T. Ahn, H.J. Han, H.T. Kim, W.G. Chun, The
performance simulation of all-glass vacuum tubes with coaxial
fluid conduit, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer, 34 (2007)
- H.N. Panchal, Enhancement of distillate output of double basin
solar still with vacuum tubes, J. King Saud Univ. – Eng. Sci.,
27 (2015) 170–175.
- L.M. Ayompe, A. Duffy, Thermal performance analysis of a solar
water heating system with heat pipe evacuated tube collector
using data from a field trial, Sol. Energy, 90 (2013) 17–28.
- R.K. Mishra, V. Garg, G.N. Tiwari, Thermal modeling and
development of characteristic equations of evacuated tubular
collector (ETC), Sol. Energy, 116 (2015) 165–176.
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, Analytical characteristic equation
of N identical evacuated tubular collectors integrated
double slope solar still, J. Sol. Energy Eng., 139 (2017) 1–11,
- J.L. Fernández, N. Chargoy, Multi-stage, indirectly heated solar
still, Sol. Energy, 44 (1990) 215–223.
- S. Toyama, K. Kangkuv, Gijitsu, Maruzen, Tokyo, 1972.
- P.K. Nag, Basic & Applied Thermodynamics, Tata McGraw-
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, Performance analysis of basin type
solar stills integrated with N identical photovoltaic thermal
(PVT) compound parabolic concentrator (CPC) collectors:
a comparative study, Sol. Energy, 142 (2017) 144–158.
- D.B. Singh, G.N. Tiwari, I.M. Al-Helal, V.K. Dwivedi, J.K. Yadav,
Effect of energy matrices on life cycle cost analysis of passive
solar stills, Sol. Energy, 134 (2016) 9–22.
- Shyam, G.N. Tiwari, I.M. Al-Helal, Analytical expression of
temperature dependent electrical efficiency of N-PVT water
collectors connected in series, Sol. Energy, 114 (2015) 61–76.