- J.W. Moore, Inorganic Contaminants of Surface Water: Research
and Monitoring Priorities, Springer, New York, 2012.
- G.M. Gadd, Metals, minerals and microbes: geomicrobiology
and bioremediation, Microbiology, 156 (2010) 609–643.
- M. Halim, P. Conte, A. Piccolo, Potential availability of heavy
metals to phytoextraction from contaminated soils induced by
exogenous humic substances, Chemosphere, 52 (2003) 265–275.
- R.A.K. Rao, M. Kashifuddin, Kinetics and isotherm studies
of Cd(II) adsorption from aqueous solution utilizing seeds of
bottlebrush plant (Callistemon chisholmii), Appl. Water Sci.,
4 (2014) 371–383.
- M. Husain, Q. Husain, Applications of redox mediators in
the treatment of organic pollutants by using oxidoreductive
enzymes: a review, Crit. Rev. Env. Sci. Technol., 38 (2007) 1–42.
- I. Michael, L. Rizzo, C.S. McArdell, C.M. Manaia, C. Merlin,
T. Schwartz, C. Dagot, D. Fatta-Kassinos, Urban wastewater
treatment plants as hotspots for the release of antibiotics in
the environment: a review, Water Res., 47 (2013) 957–995.
- L.C. Davies, C.C. Carias, J.M. Novais, S. Martins-Dias,
Phytoremediation of textile effluents containing azo dye by
using Phragmites australis in a vertical flow intermittent feeding
constructed wetland, Ecol. Eng., 25 (2005) 594–605.
- A. Ejraei, M.A. Aroon, A.Z. Saravani, Wastewater treatment
using a hybrid system combining adsorption, photocatalytic
degradation and membrane filtration processes, J. Water
Process Eng., 28 (2019) 45–53.
- G. Sanjeev, A. Harshita, T. Manisha, A. Ali, S. Hemam, K. Rajwant,
A. Mojtaba, Metal oxides and metal organic frameworks for
the photocatalytic degradation: a review, J. Environ. Chem.
Eng., 8 (2020) 103726, doi:10.1016/j.jece.2020.103726.
- E.A.S. Dimapilis, C.S. Hsu, R.M.O. Mendoza M.C. Lu, Zinc
oxide nanoparticles for water disinfection, Sustainable Environ.
Res., 28 (2018) 47–56.
- D. Wang, X. Li, J. Chen, X. Tao, Enhanced photoelectrocatalytic
activity of reduced graphene oxide/TiO2 composite films for
dye degradation, Chem. Eng. J., 198–199 (2012) 547–554.
- J.G. Mahy, R.G. Tilkin, S. Douven, S.D. Lambert, TiO2
nanocrystallites photocatalysts modified with metallic species:
comparison between Cu and Pt doping, Surf. Interfaces,
17 (2019) 100366, doi: 10.1016/j.surfin.2019.100366.
- N. Yusoff, N.M. Huang, M.R. Muhamad, S.V. Kumar, H.N. Lim,
I. Harrison, Hydrothermal synthesis of CuO/functionalized
graphene nanocomposites for dye degradation, Mater. Lett.,
93 (2013) 393–396.
- J. Ahmad, K. Majid, Enhanced visible light driven photocatalytic
activity of CdO–graphene oxide heterostructures for the
degradation of organic pollutants, New J. Chem., 42 (2018)
- H. Seema, K. Christian Kemp, V. Chandra, K.S. Kim, Graphene-SnO2 composites for highly efficient photocatalytic degradation
of methylene blue under sunlight, Nanotechnology, 23 (2012)
355705, doi: 10.1088/0957-4484/23/35/355705.
- B. Chai, J. Li, Q. Xu, K. Dai, Facile synthesis of reduced
graphene oxide/WO3 nanoplates composites with enhanced
photocatalytic activity, Mater. Lett., 120 (2014) 177–181.
- X. Chen, J. Dai, G. Shi, L. Li, G. Wang, H. Yang, Visible light
photocatalytic degradation of dyes by β-Bi2O3/graphene
nanocomposites, J. Alloys Compd., 649 (2015) 872–877.
- L. Jiade, W. Longfu, Y. Changlin, F. Wen, X. Yu, Z. Wanqin,
Z. Lihua, Preparation and characterization of graphene oxide/
Ag2CO3 photocatalyst and its visible light photocatalytic
activity, Appl. Surf. Sci., 358 (2015) 168–174.
- M.A. Kausor, A.M. Ali, S.S. Gupta, D. Chakrabortty, Synthesis,
characterization, and application of graphene-based silver
orthophosphate nanocomposite in organic dye degradation,
Desal. Water Treat., 140 (2019) 337–346.
- K. Morimoto, K. Tamura, N. Iyi, J. Ye, H. Yamada, Adsorption
and photodegradation properties of anionic dyes by layered
double hydroxides, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 72 (2011) 1037–1045.
- P. Cai, S. Ci, N. Wu, Y. Hong, Z. Wen, Layered structured CoAl/ CdS‐LDHs nanocomposites as visible light photocatalyst,
Physica Status Solidi (a), 214 (2017) 1600910, doi: 10.1002/pssa.201600910.
- B. Bridier, M.A.G. Hevia, N. López, J. Pérez-Ramírez, Permanent
alkene selectivity 55 enhancement in copper-catalyzed propyne
hydrogenation by temporary CO supply, J. Catal., 278 (2011)
- L. Ju, P. Wu, X. Lai, S. Yang, B. Gong, M. Chen, N. Zhu, Synthesis
and characterization of fullerene modified ZnAlTi-LDO in the
photo-degradation of bisphenol A under simulated visible
light irradiation, Environ. Pollut., 228 (2017) 234–244.
- C.M. Puscasu, E.M. Seftel, M. Mertens, P. Cool, G. Carja,
ZnTi-LDH and the derived mixed oxides as mesoporous
nanoarchitectonics with photocatalytic capabilities, J. Inorg.
Organomet. Polym., 25 (2015) 259–266.
- Y. Meng, S.J. Xia, J.L. Xue, S.L. Ni, Z.M. Ni, Synthesis, and
photocatalytic degradation performance for rhodamine B of
Zn-Cr-Cu composite metal oxides derived from layered double
hydroxides, Chin. J. Inorg. Chem., 34 (2018) 1632.
- A. Elhalil, R. Elmoubarki, M. Farnane, A. Machrouhi, M. Sadiq,
F.Z. Mahjoubi, S. Qourzal, N. Barka, Photocatalytic degradation
of caffeine as a model pharmaceutical pollutant on Mg doped
ZnO-Al2O3 heterostructure, Environ. Nanotechnol. Monit.
Manage., 10 (2018) 63–72.
- D.Y. Wang, F.R. Costa, A. Vyalikh, A. Leuteritz, U. Scheler,
D. Jehnichen, U. Wagenknecht, L. Häussler, G. Heinrich,
One-step synthesis of organic LDH and its comparison with
regeneration and anion exchange method, Chem. Mater.,
21 (2009) 4490–4497.
- A. Elhalil, R. Elmoubarki, M. Farnane, A. Machrouhi,
F.Z. Mahjoubi, M. Sadiq, S. Qourzal, M. Abdennouri,
N. Barka, Novel Ag-ZnO-La2O2CO3 photocatalysts
derived from the layered double hydroxide structure with
performance for the degradation of
pharmaceutical compounds, J. Sci.: Adv. Mater. Devices, 4
- D.G. Evans, X. Duan, Preparation of layered double hydroxides
and their applications as additives in polymers, as precursors
to magnetic materials and in biology and medicine, Chem.
Commun., 5 (2006) 485–496.
- W. Li, A. Liu, H. Tian, D. Wang, Controlled release of nitrate
and molybdate intercalated in Zn-Al-layered double hydroxide
nanocontainers towards marine anticorrosion applications,
Colloid Interface Sci. Commun., 24 (2018) 18–23.
- D.A. Islam, K. Barman, S. Jasimuddin, H. Acharya, Synthesis of
ultrasmall and monodisperse sulfur nanoparticles intercalated
CoAl layered double hydroxide and their electrocatalytic
water oxidation reaction at neutral pH, Nanoscale, 11 (2019)
- B.A. Baig, A. Elçi, A.N. Siyal, S. Dehrajd, Q.K. Panhwar,
A. Ahmed, A.R. Bhattia, F. Ali, M.Y. Khuhawar, Facile
synthesis and characterization of β-Cd(OH)2 nanostructures for
adsorptive removal of Cr(VI) ions from wastewater: a statistical
approach for multivariate sorption optimization, Desal. Water
Treat., 218 (2021) 270–280.
- J.T. Kloprogge, D. Wharton, L. Hickey, R.L. Frost, Infrared and
Raman study of interlayer anions CO32–, NO3–, SO42– and ClO4–
in Mg/Alhydrotalcite, Am. Mineral., 87 (2002) 623–629.
- J. Yang, C. Yu, X. Fan, Z. Ling, J. Qiu, Y. Gogotsi, Facile fabrication
of MWCNT-doped NiCoAl-layered double hydroxide
nanosheets with enhanced electrochemical performances,
J. Mater. Chem. A, 1 (2013) 1963–1968.
- F.Z. Mahjoubi, A. Khalidi, M. Abdennouri, N. Barka, Zn–Al
layered double hydroxides intercalated with carbonate, nitrate,
chloride, and sulfate ions: synthesis, characterization and dye
removal properties, J. Taibah Univ. Sci., 11 (2017) 90–100.
- X. Tao, K. Zheng, L. Huang, Plasma induced liquid-phase
synthesis of Ce/Mo metal oxides as photocatalysts, Chem. Phys.
Lett., 780 (2021) 138903, doi: 10.1016/j.cplett.2021.138903.
- M. Shao, J. Han, M. Wei, D.G. Evans, X. Duan, the synthesis
of hierarchical Zn–Ti layered double hydroxide for efficient
visible-light photocatalysis, Chem. Eng. J., 168 (2011) 519–524.
- W. Xiaorong. W. Pingxiao, H. Zhujian, Z. Nengwu, W. Jinhua,
L. Ping, D. Zhi, Solar photocatalytic degradation of methylene
blue by mixed metal oxide catalysts derived from ZnAlTi
layered double hydroxides, Appl. Clay Sci., 95 (2014) 95–103.
- N. Baliarsingh, K.M. Parida, G.C. Pradhan, Effects of Co, Ni,
Cu and Zn on photophysical and photocatalytic properties
of carbonate intercalated MII/Cr LDHs for enhanced
photodegradation of methyl orange, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res.,
53 (2014) 3834–3841.
- Y. Zhou, W. Hu, J. Yu, F. Jiao, Effective photocatalytic degradation
of methylene blue by Cu2O/MgAl layered double
hydroxides, React. Kinet. Mech. Catal., 115 (2015) 581–596.
- P. Roy Chowdhury, K.G. Bhattacharyya, Retracted article: Ni/Ti layered double hydroxide: synthesis, characterization, and
application as a photocatalyst for visible light degradation
of aqueous methylene blue, Dalton Trans., 44 (2015) 6809–6824.
- M. Dinari, M.M. Momeni, Z. Bozorgmehr, S. Karimi, Bismuthcontaining
layered double hydroxide as a novel efficient
photocatalyst for degradation of methylene blue under visible
light, J. Iran. Chem. Soc., 14 (2017) 695–701.
- G. Starukh, Photocatalytically enhanced cationic dye removal
with Zn-Al layered double hydroxides, Nanoscale Res. Lett.,
12 (2017) 391, doi: 10.1186/s11671-017-2173-y.
- G. Rathee, A. Awasthi, D. Sood, R. Tomar, V. Tomar, R. Chandra,
A new biocompatible ternary layered double hydroxide
adsorbent for ultrafast removal of anionic organic dyes, Sci.
Rep., 9 (2019) 16225, doi:10.1038/s41598-019-52849-4.
- Z. Shi, Y. Wang, S. Sun, C. Zhang, H. Wang, Removal of
methylene blue from aqueous solution using Mg-Fe, Zn-Fe,
Mn-Fe layered double hydroxide, Water Sci. Technol., 81 (2020)