- J. Hahladakis, E. Smaragdaki, G. Vasilaki, E. Gidarakos, Use
of sediment quality guidelines and pollution indicators for the
assessment of heavy metal and PAH contamination in Greek
surficial sea and lake sediments, Environ. Monit. Assess.,
185 (2013) 2843–2853.
- P. Zito, H.J. Shipley, Inorganic nano-adsorbents for the removal
of heavy metals and arsenic: a review, RSC Adv., 5 (2015)
- I. Ali, O.M.L. Alharbi, Z.A. Alothman, A.Y. Badjah, Kinetics,
thermodynamics, and modeling of amido black dye
photodegradation in water using Co/TiO2 nanoparticles,
Photochem. Photobiol., 94 (2018) 935–941.
- B.Y. Tu, R.T. Wen, K.Q. Wang, Y.L. Cheng, Y.Q. Deng, W. Cao,
K.H. Zhang, H.S. Tao, Efficient removal of aqueous hexavalent
chromium by activated carbon derived from Bermuda grass,
J. Colloid Interface Sci., 560 (2020) 649–658.
- V. Mario, N.E.-Q. Ingrid, S.-C. Carlos, The influence of particle
size and structure on the sorption and oxidation behavior of
birnessite: I. Adsorption of As(V) and oxidation of As(III),
Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 125 (2014) 564–581.
- S.Y. Lee, S.J. Kim, Adsorption of naphthalene by HDTMA
modified kaolinite and halloysite, Appl. Clay Sci., 22 (2002)
- F.L. Fu, Q. Wang, Removal of heavy metal ions from
wastewaters: a review, J. Environ. Manage., 92 (2011) 407–418.
- S. Santos, G. Ungureanu, B. Rui, C. Botelho, Selenium
contaminated waters: an overview of analytical methods,
treatment options and recent advances in sorption methods,
Sci. Total Environ., 521–522 (2015) 246–260.
- D. Mohan, C.U. Pittman Jr., Arsenic removal from water/wastewater using adsorbents—a critical review,
Mater., 142 (2007) 1–53.
- X.Y. Yuan, Y.F. Wang, J. Wang, C. Zhou, Q. Tang, X.B. Rao,
Calcined graphene/MgAl-layered double hydroxides for
enhanced Cr(VI) removal, Chem. Eng. J., 221 (2013) 204–213.
- S.F. Zhao, M. Wu, R.S. Jing, X.J. Liu, Y.F. Shao, Q. Zhang,
F.Z. Lv, A.J. Liu, Z.L. Meng, One-pot formation of magnetic
layered double hydroxide based on electrostatic self-assembly
to remove Cr(VI) from wastewater, Appl. Clay Sci., 182 (2019)
105297, doi: 10.1016/j.clay.2019.105297.
- Y.J. Lin, Q. Fang, B.L. Chen, Metal composition of layered
double hydroxides (LDHs) regulating ClO4– adsorption to
calcined LDHs via the memory effect and hydrogen bonding,
J. Environ. Sci., 26 (2014) 493–501.
- G. Fan, F. Li, D.G. Evans, X. Duan, Catalytic applications of
layered double hydroxides: recent advances and perspectives,
Chem. Soc. Rev., 43 (2014) 7040–7066.
- S. Miyata, T. Kumura, Synthesis of new hydrotalcite-like
compounds and their physico-chemical properties, Chem. Lett.,
2 (1973) 843–848.
- X. Zhang, R.R. Shan, X.G. Li, L.G. Yan, Z.M. Ma, R.B. Jia,
S.H. Sun, Effective removal of Cu(II), Pb(II) and Cd(II) by
sodium alginate intercalated MgAl-layered double hydroxide:
adsorption properties and mechanistic studies, Water Sci.
Technol., 83 (2021) 975–984.
- H. Azad, M. Mohsennia, A novel free-standing polyvinyl
butyral-polyacrylonitrile/ZnAl-layered double hydroxide
nanocomposite membrane for enhanced heavy metal
removal from wastewater, J. Membr. Sci., 615 (2020) 118487,
- W.W. Wang, J.B. Zhou, G. Achari, J.G. Yu, W.Q. Cai, Cr(VI)
removal from aqueous solutions by hydrothermal synthetic
layered double hydroxides: adsorption performance, coexisting
anions and regeneration studies, Colloids Surf., A, 457 (2014)
- T. Kameda, E. Kondo, T. Yoshioka, Treatment of Cr(VI)
in aqueous solution by Ni–Al and Co–Al layered double
hydroxides: equilibrium and kinetic studies, J. Water Process
Eng., 8 (2015) e75–e80.
- X.Y. Yue, W.Z. Liu, Z.L. Chen, Z. Lin, Simultaneous removal of
Cu(II) and Cr(VI) by Mg-Al-Cl layered double hydroxide and
mechanism insight, J. Environ. Sci., 53 (2017) 16–26.
- J.L. Milagres, C.R. Bellato, R.S. Vieira, S.O. Ferreira, C. Reis,
Preparation and evaluation of the Ca-Al layered double
hydroxide for removal of copper(II), nickel(II), zinc(II),
chromium(VI) and phosphate from aqueous solutions,
J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 5 (2017) 5469–5480.
- M.A. González, I. Pavlovic, C. Barriga, Cu(II), Pb(II) and Cd(II)
sorption on different layered double hydroxides. A kinetic and
thermodynamic study and competing factors, Chem. Eng. J.,
269 (2015) 221–228.
- H. Yan, M. Wei, J. Ma, F. Li, D.G. Evans, X. Duan, Theoretical
study on the structural properties and relative stability of
M(II)–Al layered double hydroxides based on a cluster model,
J. Phys. Chem. A, 113 (2009) 6133–6141.
- L. Li, A Novel Method for the Synthesis of Hydrotalcites and
A Theoretical Study of Their Structure and Properties, Beijing
University of Chemical Technology, China, 2002.
- S.P. Dubey, K. Gopal, Adsorption of chromium(VI) on low
cost adsorbents derived from agricultural waste material:
a comparative study, J. Hazard. Mater., 145 (2007) 465–470.
- M.N. Mohamad Ibrahim, W.S. Wan Ngah, M.S. Norliyana,
W.R. Wan Daud, M. Rafatullah, O. Sulaiman, R. Hashim,
A novel agricultural waste adsorbent for the removal of lead(II)
ions from aqueous solutions, J. Hazard. Mater., 182 (2010)
- Y.-B. Zang, W.-G. Hou, W.-X. Wang, Adsorption–desorption
of chromium(VI) on Mg-Al hydrotalcite-like compounds part
I. Adsorption, Acta Chim. Sinica – Chinese Edition, 65 (2007)
- S. Mor, K. Ravindra, N.R. Bishnoi, Adsorption of chromium
from aqueous solution by activated alumina and activated
charcoal, Bioresour. Technol., 98 (2007) 954–957.
- L. Qin, L. Yan, J. Chen, T. Liu, H. Yu, B. Du, Enhanced removal
of Pb2+, Cu2+, and Cd2+ by amino-functionalized magnetite/kaolin clay, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 55 (2016) 7344–7354.
- X.F. Liang, Y.B. Zang, Y.M. Xu, X. Tan, W. Hou, L. Wang, Y.B. Sun,
Sorption of metal cations on layered double hydroxides, Colloids
Surf., A, 433 (2013) 122–131.
- Y.J. Li, B.Y. Gao, T. Wu, D.J. Sun, X. Li, B. Wang, F.J. Lu,
Hexavalent chromium removal from aqueous solution by
adsorption on aluminum magnesium mixed hydroxide, Water
Res., 43 (2009) 3067–3075.
- N.N. Wang, A.H. Wang, L.H. Kong, M.C. He, Calculation and
application of Sb toxicity coefficient for potential ecological
risk assessment, Sci. Total Environ., 610–611 (2017) 167–174.
- L.-n. Shi, X. Zhang, Z.-l. Chen, Removal of chromium(VI) from
wastewater using bentonite-supported nanoscale zero-valent
iron, Water Res., 45 (2011) 886–892.
- Y.L. Xu, J.Y. Chen, R. Chen, P.L. Yu, S. Guo, X.F. Wang, Adsorption
and reduction of chromium(VI) from aqueous solution using
polypyrrole/calcium rectorite composite adsorbent, Water Res.,
160 (2019) 148–157.
- Z.F. Yu, W.F. Song, J.Y. Li, Q.H. Li, Improved simultaneous
adsorption of Cu(II) and Cr(VI) of organic modified metakaolinbased
geopolymer, Arabian J. Chem., 13 (2020) 4811–4823.
- F.L. Ling, L. Fang, Y. Lu, J.M. Gao, F. Wu, M. Zhou, B. Hu,
A novel CoFe layered double hydroxides adsorbent: high
adsorption amount for methyl orange dye and fast removal of
Cr(VI), Microporous Mesoporous Mater., 234 (2016) 230–238.
- R.L. Goswamee, P. Sengupta, K.G. Bhattacharyya, D.K. Dutta,
Adsorption of Cr(VI) in layered double hydroxides, Appl. Clay
Sci., 13 (1998) 21–34.
- M.W. Laipan, H.Y. Fu, R.L. Zhu, L.Y. Sun, M.S. Rachel, S. Ye,
J.X. Zhu, H.P. He, Calcined Mg/Al-LDH for acidic wastewater
treatment: simultaneous neutralization and contaminant
removal, Appl. Clay Sci., 153 (2018) 46–53.
- T. Kameda, S. Saito, Y. Umetsu, Mg-Al layered double hydroxide
intercalated with ethylene-diaminetetraacetate anion: synthesis
and application to the uptake of heavy metal ions from an
aqueous solution, Sep. Purif. Technol., 47 (2005) 20–26.
- L. Deng, Z. Shi, L. Wang, S.Q. Zhou, Fabrication of a novel
NiFe2O4/Zn-Al layered double hydroxide intercalated with
EDTA composite and its adsorption behavior for Cr(VI) from
aqueous solution, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 104 (2017) 79–90.
- M. Alok, M. Jyoti, M. Arti, V.K. Gupta, Adsorptive removal of
hazardous anionic dye “Congo red” from wastewater using
waste materials and recovery by desorption, J. Colloid Interface
Sci., 340 (2009) 16–26.
- A.V. Radha, P.V. Kamath, C. Shivakumara, Mechanism of the
anion exchange reactions of the layered double hydroxides
(LDHs) of Ca and Mg with Al, Solid State Sci., 7 (2005)
- H. Wang, W. Liao, H.Q. Li, Simultaneous adsorption of Cr(VI)
and fluoride from aqueous over multiple-metal layer double
hydroxides: performance and mechanism, Desal. Water Treat.,
179 (2020) 197–210.
- L. Peng, Study on Adsorption of Four Hydrotalcite Materials for
Heavy Metal, Huazhong University of Science and Technology,
- Y.S. Ho, J.C.Y. Ng, G. McKay, Kinetics of pollutant sorption by
biosorbents: review, Sep. Purif. Rev., 29 (2000) 189–232.
- D.L. Huang, C.H. Liu, C. Zhang, R. Deng, R.Z. Wang, W.J. Xue,
H. Luo, G.M. Zeng, Q. Zhang, X.Y. Guo, Cr(VI) removal from
aqueous solution using biochar modified with Mg/Al-layered
double hydroxide intercalated with ethylenediaminetetraacetic
acid, Bioresour. Technol., 276 (2018) 127–132.