- D. Seckler, R. Barker, U. Amarasinhe, Water scarcity in the
twenty-first century, Int. J. Water Resour. Dev., 15 (1999) 29–42.
- A.A. Yinanc, The investigation treatment of wastewater at canal
system, J. Sci. Pub. Tech. Univ. Azerbaijan, 3 (2006) 76–76.
- A. Altay, V. Eroğlu, H.Z. Sarıkaya, M. Eldemir, The Situation of
Istanbul Wastewater Projects, Water Symposium, ITU, ISKI and
Berlin Water Management, Berlin TU, 6–9 October 2001.
- A. Altay, V. Eroğlu, H.Z. Sarıkaya, M. Patan, The History
of Canalization Services at Istanbul, 1st Turkish Science
and Technology History Congress, Turkish Science History
Association, 5–7 November 2001.
- DAMOC, Water Supply and Canalization Feasibility Report for
Istanbul Region Master Plan, 1971.
- IMC, Istanbul Water Supply, Canalization and Drainage,
Treatment of Waste Water and Removal Master Plan, 1999.
- L. Akça, The Project of Development and Treatment Processes
at Canal, ISKI-ITU Partnership Study, Istanbul, 2003, p. 89.
- C.E. Gokce, S. Guneysu, S. Arayici, Investigation of the
environmental distribution of endocrine disrupting materials
in sewage sludge, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016) 2564–2569.
- I. Arslan-Alaton, G. Iskender, A. Tanik, M.Gurel, S. Ovez, D.
Orhon, Current situation of urban wastewater treatment plants
in megacity Istanbul, Desalination, 246 (2009) 409–416.
- E.O. Köroğlu, D.Y. Baysoy, A.Y. Çetinkaya, B. Özkaya, M.
Çakmakcı, Novel design of a multitube microbial fuel cell
(UM2FC) for energy recovery and treatment of membrane
concentrates, Biomass Bioenergy, 69 (2014) 58–65.
- K.S. Singh, T. Viraraghavan, Start-up and operation of UASB
reactors at 20°C for municipal wastewater treatment, J. Ferment
Bioeng., 85 (1998) 609–614.
- G. Lettinga, S. Rebac, G. Zeeman, Challenge of psychrophilic
anaerobic wastewater treatment, Trends Biotechnol., 19 (2001)
- Y.J. Chan, M.F. Chang, C.L. Law, D.G. Hassell, A review on
anaerobic–aerobic treatment of industrial and municipal
wastewater, Chem. Eng. J., 155 (2009) 1–18.
- I. Martin, M. Pidou, S. Soares, S. Judd, B. Jefferson, Modelling
the energy demands of aerobic and anaerobic membrane
bioreactors for wastewater treatment, Environ. Technol., 32
- A. Baban, Oxygen Transfer at Canalization Systems, Removel
of Oxygen Substance and Nitrification, ITU Institute of Science,
- A.G. Boon, A.R. Lister, Formation of sulfide in rising main
sewers and its prevention by injection of oxygen, Prog. Water
Technol., 7 (1975) 289–300.