- T.Y. Wu, A.W. Mohammad, J.M. Jahim, N. Anuar, Pollution
control technologies for the treatment of palm oil mill effluent
(POME) through end-of-pipe processes, J. Environ. Manage.,
91 (2010) 1467–1490.
- A.L. Ahmad, M.F. Chong, S. Bhatia, A comparative study on
the membrane based palm oil mill effluent (POME) treatment
plant, J. Hazard. Mater., 171 (2009) 166–174.
- O. Chavalparit, W.H. Rulkens, A.P.J. MOL, S. Khaodhair,
Options for environmental sustainability of the crude palm
oil industry in Thailand through enhancement of industrial
ecosystems, Environ. Dev. Sustainability, 8 (2006) 271–287.
- N.S. Azmi, K.F.M. Yunos, A.S. Baharuddin, Z.M. Dom, The
effect of operating parameters on ultrafiltration and reverse
osmosis of palm oil mill effluent for reclamation and reuse of
water, Bioresources, 8 (2013) 76–87.
- J. Chotwattanasak, U. Puetpaiboon, Full scale anaerobic
digester for treating palm oil mill wastewater, J. Sustainable
Energy Environ., 2 (2011) 133–136.
- S. Chaiprapat, T. Laklam, Enhancing digestion efficiency of
POME in anaerobic sequencing batch reactor with ozonation
pretreatment and cycle time reduction, Bioresour. Technol.,
102 (2011) 4061–4068.
- A.M. Yeneneh, T.K. Sen, S. Chong, H.N. Ang, A. Kayaalp, Effect
of combined microwave-ultrasonic pretreatment on anaerobic
biodegradability of primary, excess activated and mixed sludge,
Comput. Water Energy Environ. Eng., 2 (2013) 7–11.
- S. Chong, T.K. Sen, A. Kayaalp, H.M Ang, The performance
enhancements of upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB)
reactors for domestic sludge treatment—a state of art review,
Water Res., 46 (2012) 3434–3470.
- P. Mohammadi, S. Ibrahim, M.S.M. Annuar, Comparative study
on the effect of various pretreatment methods on the enrichment
of hydrogen producing bacteria in anaerobic granulated sludge
from brewery wastewater, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 29 (2012)
- S.A. Kamal, J.M. Jahim, N. Anuar, O. Hassan, W.R.W. Daud, M.F.
Mansor, S.S. Rashid, Pre-treatment effect of palm oil mill effluent
(POME) during hydrogen production by a local isolate Clostridium
butyricum, Int. J. Adv. Sci. Eng. Inf. Technol., 2 (2012) 54–60.
- A. El-Saharty, Removal of organic pollutant from wastewater,
Adv. Environ. Biol., 8 (2014) 31–35.
- A. Yahya, C.P. Sye, T.A. Ishola, H. Suryanto, Effect of adding
palm oil mill decanter slurry with regular turning operation on
the composting process and quality of compost from oil palm
empty fruit bunches, Bioresour. Technol., 101 (2010) 8736–8741.
- S. Pilli, P. Bhunia, S. Yan, R.J. Leblance, R.D. Tyafi, R.Y.
Surampalli, Ultrasonic pretreatment of sludge: a review,
Ultrason. Sonochem., 18 (2011) 1–18.
- N. Saifuddin, S.A. Fazlili, Effect of microwave and ultrasonic
pretreatments on biogas production from anaerobic digestion
of palm oil mill effluent, Am. J. Eng. Appl. Sci., 2 (2009) 139–146.
- H. Kosal, W. Pattanachot, C. Suksaroj, Treatment of oily
wastewater from waste glycerol by acidification and the
coalescer process, Desal. Wat. Treat., 52 (2014) 2996–3003.
- P. Elaiyaraju, N. Partha, Biogas production from co-digestion of
orange peel waste and jatropha de-oiled cake in an anaerobic
batch reactor, Afr. J. Biotechnol., 11 (2012) 3339–3345.
- R.A. Alrawia, A. Ahmad, N. Ismail, M.O.Ab. Kadir, Effect of
aluminium sulfate dosage and mixing ratio on organic loading
removal and settling velocity of palm oil mill effluent particles,
J. Ind. Res. Technol., 1 (2011) 103–109.
- Z. Rasdi, T. Mumtaz, N.A. Rahman, M.A. Hassan, Kinetic
analysis of biohydrogen production from anaerobically
treated POME in bioreactor under optimized condition, Int. J.
Hydrogen Energy, 37 (2012) 17724–17730.
- G. Esposito, L. Frunzo, F. Liotta, A. Panico, F. Pirozzi, Biomethane
potential tests to measure the biogas production from
the digestion and co-digestion of complex organic substrates,
Open Environ. Eng. J., 5 (2012) 1–8.
- APHA, AWWA, WEF, Standard Methods for the Examination
of Water and Wastewater, 22nd ed., USA, 2012.
- A.V. Gusakov, E.G. Kondratyeva, A.P. Sinitsyn, Comparison of
two methods for assaying reducing sugars in the determination
of carbohydrase activities, Int. J. Anal. Chem., 2011 (2011) 1–4.
- G. Sowmya Packyam, S. Kavitha, S. Adish Kumar, S.
Kaliappan, I.T. Yeom, J. Rajesh Banu, Effect of sonically induced
deflocculation on the efficiency of ozone mediated partial
sludge disintegration for improved production of biogas,
Ultrason. Sonochem., 26 (2015) 241–248.
- I. Ismail, M.A. Hassan, N.A.A. Rahman, C.S. Soon, Thermophilic
biohydrogen production from palm oil mill effluent (POME) using
suspended mixed culture, Biomass Bioenergy, 34 (2010) 42–47.
- M.F. Basri, S. Yacob, M.A. Hassan, Y. Shirai, M. Wakisaka, M.R.
Zakaria, L.Y. Phang, Improved biogas production from palm
oil mill effluent by a scaled-down anaerobic treatment process,
World J. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 26 (2009) 505–514.
- C.M. Ji, P.P. Eong, T.B. Ti, C.E. Seng, C.K. Ling, Biogas from
palm oil mill effluent (POME): opportunities and challenges
from Malaysia’s perspective, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev.,
26 (2013) 717–726.
- G. Samudro, S. Mangkoedihardjo, Review on BOD, COD and
BOD/COD ratio: a triangle zone for toxic, biodegradable and
stable level, Int. J. Acad. Res., 2 (2010) 235–239.
- S. Zakaria, R. Roslan, U.A. Amran, C.H. Chia, S.B. Bakaruddin,
Characterization of residual from EFB and kenaf core fibers in
the liguefaction process, Sains Malaysiana, 43 (2014) 429–435.
- G.A. Bernabé, S. Almeida, C.A. Ribeiro, M.S. Crespi, Evaluation
of organic molecules originated during composting process,
J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., 106 (2011) 773–778.
- S. Tandy, J.R. Healey, A. Mark, M.A. Nason, J.C. Williamson,
D.L. Jones, S.C Thain, FT-IR as an alternative method for
measuring chemical properties during composting, Bioresour.
Technol., 101 (2010) 5431–5436.
- N. Sahad, A.M. Som, A.Z. Baharuddin, N. Mokhtar, Z. Busu,
A. Sulaiman, Physicochemical characterization of oil palm
decanter cake (OPDC) for residual oil recovery, Bioresources,
9 (2014) 6361–6372.
- W.A.W. Razali, A.S. Baharuddin, A.T. Talib, A. Sulaiman, M.N.
Naim, M.A. Hassom, Y. Shirai, Degradation of oil palm empty
fruit bunch (OPEFB) fibre during composting process using
in-vessel composter, Bioresources, 7 (2012) 4786–4805.
- A.C. Larson, L.E. Gentry, M.B. David, R.A. Cooke, D.A.
Kovacic, The role of seepage in constructed wetlands receiving
agricultural tile drainage, Ecol. Eng., 15 (2000) 91–104.
- W. Choorit, P. Wisarnwan, Effect of temperature on the
anaerobic digestion of palm oil mill effluent, Electron.
J. Biotechnol., 10 (2007) 376–385.