- N. Buyukkamaci, E. Koken, Economic evaluation of alternative
wastewater treatment plant options for pulp and paper industry,
Sci. Total Environ., 408 (2010) 6070–6078.
- M. Simonič, D. Vnučec, Coagulation and UF treatment of pulp
and paper mill wastewater in comparison, Cent. Eur. J. Chem.,
10(1) (2012) 127–136.
- E. Avsxar, G.N. Demirer, Cleaner production opportunity
assessment study in SEKA Balikesir pulp and paper mill, J.
Clean Prod., 16 (2008) 422–431.
- M. Afzal, G. Shabir, I. Hussain, Z.M. Khalid, Paper and board
mill effluent treatment with the combined biological-coagulation-filtration pilot scale reactor, Bioresour. Technol., 99 (2008)
- M. Ali, T.R. Sreekrishnan, Aquatic toxicity from pulp and
paper mill effluents: a review, Adv. Environ. Res., 5 (2001) 175–
- A. Singhal, I.S. Thakur, Decolourization and detoxification of
pulp and paper mill effluent by Cryptococcus Sp., Biochem.
Eng. J., 46(1) (2009) 21–27.
- T. Kreetachat, M. Damrongsri, V. Punsuwon, P. Vaithanomsat,
C. Chiemchaisri, C. Chomsurin, Effects of ozonation process
on lignin-derived compounds in pulp and paper mill effluents,
J. Hazard Mater., 142 (2007) 250–257.
- C.H. Ko, P.H. Hsieh, M.W. Chang, J.M. Chern, S.M. Chiang, C.J.
Tzeng, Kinetics of pulp mill effluent treatment by ozone-based
processes, J. Hazard Mater., 168(2) (2009) 875–881.
- S.S. Wong, T.T. Teng, A.L. Ahmad, A. Zuhairi, G. Najafpour,
Treatment of pulp and paper mill wastewater by polyacrylamide
(PAM) in polymer induced flocculation, J. Hazard
Mater., 135 (2006) 378–388.
- A.L. Ahmad, S.S. Wong, T.T. Teng, A. Zuhairi, Improvement of
alum and PACl coagulation by polyacrylamides (PAMs) for the
treatment of pulp and paper mill wastewater, Biochem. Eng. J.,
137(3) (2008) 510–517.
- A. Garg, I.M. Mishra, S. Chand, Effectiveness of coagulation
and acid precipitation processes for the pretreatment of
diluted black liquor, J. Hazard Mater., 180 (2010) 158–164.
- T. Leiviska, J. Ramo, H. Nurmesniemi, R. Poykio, T. Kuokkanen,
Size fractionation of wood extractives, lignin and trace
elements in pulp and paper mill wastewater before and after
biological treatment, Water Res., 43 (2009) 3199–3206.
- A.C. Rodrigues, M. Boroski, N.S. Shimada, J.C. Garcia, J.
Nozaki, N. Hioka, Treatment of paper pulp and paper mill
wastewater by coagulation-flocculation followed by heterogeneous
photocatalysis, J. Photochem. Photobiol., 194 (2008) 1–10.
- W.D.L. Ramos, T. Poznyak, I. Chairez, I.R. Cordova, Remediation
of lignin and its derivatives from pulp and paper industry
wastewater by the combination of chemical precipitation and
ozonation, J. Hazard Mater., 169 (2009) 428–434.
- C.B. Shaw, C.M. Carliell, A.D. Wheatley, Anaerobic/aerobic
treatment of coloured textile effluents using sequencing batch
reactor, Water Res., 36 (2002) 1993–2001.
- D. Pokhrel, T. Viraraghavan, Treatment of pulp and paper mill
wastewater-a review, Sci. Total Environ., 333 (2004) 37–58.
- N. Jaafarzadeh, F. Ghanbari, M. Alvandi, Integration of coagulation
and electro-activated HSO5− to treat pulp and paper
wastewater, S.E.R., 27(5) (2017) 223–229.
- Standard Methods
for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. American Public Health Association, New York, 2005.
- A. Yasar, M. Zakria, A.B. Tabinda, M. Afzal, Cost–benefit analysis
of using treated sewage for landscaping in Lahore city,
Pakistan, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57(41) (2016) 19131–19139.
- G. Lofrano, S. Meriç, G.E. Zengin, D. Orhon, Chemical and
biological treatment technologies for leather tannery chemicals
and wastewaters: a review, Sci. Total Environ., 461 (2013)
- B. Lesikar, On-site wastewater treatment system, The Texas A
and M University system.
- F. Ahmad, A.U. Khan, A. Yasar, Comparative phycoremediation
of sewage water by various species of algae, Proc. Pakistan
Acad. Sci., 50(2) (2013) 131–139.
- G. Durai, M. Rajasimman, Biological treatment of tannery wastewater
- A review, J. Environ. Sci. Eng Technol., 4(1) (2011) 1–17.
- U.D. Gül, G. Dönmez, Comparison of dye removal activity of
systems contained surfactants and fungus, J. Chil. Chem. Soc.,
59 (2012) 1170–1173.
- I. Khouni, B. Marrot, P. Moulin, R.B. Amar, Decolourization
of the reconstituted textile effluent by different process treatments:
Enzymatic catalysis, coagulation/flocculation and
nano filtration processes, Desalination, 268 (2011) 27–37.
- H.A. Aziz, S. Alias, M.N. Adlan, A.H. Faridah, M. Zahari,
Colour removal from landfill leachate by coagulation and flocculation
processes, Bioresour. Technol., 98 (2007) 218–220.
- P. Kumar, B. Prasad, I.M. Mishra, S. Chand, Decolorization
and COD reduction of dyeing wastewater from a cotton textile
mill using thermolysis and coagulation, J. Hazard Mater., 153
- K.S.P. Kalyani, N. Balasubramanian, C. Srinivasakannan,
Decolorization and COD reduction of paper industrial effluent
using electro coagulation, Chem. Eng. J., 151 (2009) 97–104.
- S. Karimi, A.A. khani, A. Karimi, A.H.B. Ghazil, F. Ahmadun,
The effect of combination enzymatic and advanced oxidation
process treatments on the colour of pulp and paper mill effluent,
Environ. Technol., 31 (2010) 347–356.
- H. Khan, N. Ahmad, A. Yasar, R. Shahid, Advanced oxidative
decolorization of Red Cl-5B: effects of dye concentration, process
optimization and reaction kinetics, Pol. J. Environ. Stud.,
19(1) (2010) 83–92.
- M.F. Sevimili, H.Z. Sarikaya, Effect of some operational
parameters on the decolorization of textile effluents and dye
solutions by ozonation, Environ. Technol., 26 (2010) 135–143.
- E.C. Catalkaya, F. Kargi, Advanced oxidation treatment of
pulp mill effluent for TOC and toxicity removals, J. Environ.
Manage., 87 (2008) 396–404.
- M. Ugurlu, The removal of some organic compounds from
paper mill effluents by the electrocoagulation method, G.U.J.
Sci., 17 (2004) 85.
- C. Gottschalk, J.A. Libra, A. Saupe, Ozonation of Water and
Wastewater: a practical guide to understanding ozone and its
application. Wiley-VCH, London 2000.
- X. Ntampou, A.I. Zouboulis, P. Samaras, Appropriate combination
of physico-chemical methods coagulation/flocculation
and ozonation for the efficient treatment of landfill leachates,
Chemosphere, 62 (2006) 722–730.
- Punjab Environment Quality standards for wastewater effluent,
Environment Protection Department, Government of
Punjab, Pakistan, 2016.