- J.F. Gao, Q. Zhang, K. Su, J.H. Wang, Competitive biosorption
of Yellow 2G and Reactive Brilliant Red K-2G onto inactive
aerobic granules: Simultaneous determination of two dyes by
first-order derivative spectrophotometry and isotherm studies,
Bioresour. Technol., 101(2010) 5793–5801.
- Y. Xi, Y. F. Shen, F. Yang, G. J. Yang, C. Liu, Z. Zhang, Removal
of azo dye from aqueous solution by a new biosorbent prepared
with Aspergillus nidulans cultured in tobacco wastewater,
J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 44 (2013) 815–820.
- S. Hajati, M. Ghaedi, B. Barazesh, F. Karimi, R. Sahraei, A.
Daneshfar, A. Asghari, Application of high order derivative
spectrophotometry to resolve the spectra overlap between BG
and MB for the simultaneous determination of them: Ruthenium
nanoparticle loaded activated carbon as adsorbent, J.
Ind. Eng. Chem., 20 (2014) 2421–2427.
- T.S. Anirudhan, M. Ramachandran, Adsorptive removal
of basic dyes from aqueous solutions by surfactant modified
bentonite clay (organoclay): Kinetic and competitive
adsorption isotherm, Process Saf. Environ. Prot., 95 (2015)
- A. Kurniawan, H. Sutiono, N. Indraswati, S. Ismadji, Removal
of basic dyes in binary system by adsorption using rarasaponin–bentonite: Revisited of extended Langmuir model, Chem.
Eng. J., 89–190 (2012) 264–274.
- D. Shen, J. Fan, W. Zhou, B. Gao, Q. Yue, Q. Kang, Adsorption
kinetics and isotherm of anionic dyes onto organo-bentonite
from single and multisolute systems, J. Hazard Mater., 172
- G.O. El-Sayed, Removal of methylene blue and crystal violet
from aqueous solutions by palm kernel fiber, Desalination, 272
- M.C. Somasekhara Reddy, V. Nirmala. Bengal gram seed husk
as an adsorbent for the removal of dyes from aqueous solutions
– Equilibrium studies, Arab. J. Chem., (2014).
- M. Anbia, S.A. Hariri, S.N. Ashrafizadeh, Adsorptive removal
of anionic dyes by modified nanoporous silica SBA-3, Appl.
Surf. Sci., 256 (2010) 3228–3233.
- R.K. Gautam, A. Mudhoo, M.C. Chattopadhyaya, Kinetic,
equilibrium, thermodynamic studies and spectroscopic analysis
of Alizarin Red S removal by mustard husk, J. Environ.
Chem. Eng., 1 (2013) 1283–1291.
- M. Ghaedi, S. Hajati, B. Barazesh, F. Karimi, G. Ghezelbash,
Saccharomyces cerevisiae for the biosorption of basic dyes
from binary component systems and the high order derivative
spectrophotometric method for simultaneous analysis of Brilliant
green and Methylene blue, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 19 (2013)
- M. Arshadi, A.R. Faraji, M.J. Amiri, M. Mehravar, A. Gil,
Removal of methyl orange on modified ostrich bone waste – A
novel organic–inorganic biocomposite, J. Colloid Interface Sci.,
446 (2015) 11–23.
- N. Priyantha, L.B.L. Lim, M.K. Dahri, Dragon fruit skin as
potential biosorbent for the removal of methylene blue dye
from aqueous solution, Int. Food Res. J., 22 (2015) 2141–2148.
- L.B.L. Lim, N. Priyantha, H.I. Chieng, M.K. Dahri, Artocarpus
camansi Blanco (Breadnut) core as low-cost adsorbent for
the removal of methylene blue: equilibrium, thermodynamics
and kinetics studies, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 5673–
- H.I. Chieng, L.B.L. Lim, N. Priyantha, Enhancement of crystal
violet adsorption on Artocarpus camansi peel through
sodium hydroxide treatment, Desal. Water Treat., 58 (2017)
- C.D. Woolard, J. Strong, C.R. Erasmus, Evaluation of the use
of modified coal ash as a potential sorbent for organic waste
streams, Appl. Geochem., 17 (2002) 1159–1164.
- M. Ghaedi, A. Ansari, F. Bahari, A.M. Ghaedi, A. Vafaei,
Hybrid artificial neural network and particle swarm optimization
for prediction of removal of hazardous dye brilliant green
from aqueous solution using zinc sulfide nanoparticle loaded
on activated carbon, Spectrochim. Acta Part A Mol. Biomol.
Spectrosc., 137 (2015) 1004–1015.
- F. Heydari, M. Ghaedi, A. Ansari, M.A. Ghaedi, Random forest
model for removal of methylene blue and lead (II) ion using
activated carbon obtained from tamarisk, Desal. Water Treat.,
57 (2016) 19273–19291.
- S. Hajati, S. Tougaard, J. Walton, N. Fairley, Noise reduction
procedures applied to XPS imaging of depth distribution of
atoms on the nanoscale, Surface Sci., 602 (2008) 3064–3070.
- S. Hajati, S. Coultas, C. Blomfield, S. Tougaard, Nondestructive
quantitative XPS imaging of depth distribution of atoms on
the nanoscale, Surf. Interf. Analysis, 40 (2008) 688–691.
- S. Kavian, S.N. Azizi, S. Ghasemi, Fabrication of novel nanozeolite-supported bimetallic Pt Cu nanoparticles modified
carbon paste electrode for electrocatalytic oxidation of formaldehyde,
Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 41(2016) 14026–14035.
- U. Kalapathy, A. Proctor, J. Shultz, A simple method for production
of pure silica from rice hull ash, Bioresour. Technol.,
73 (2000) 257–262.
- S. Hu, Y.L. Hsieh, Preparation of activated carbon and silica
particles from rice straw, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 2 (2014)
- M.A. Rida, F. Harb, Synthesis and characterization of amorphous
silica nanoparitcles from aqueous silicates using cationic
surfactants, J. Metals Mater. Miner., 24 (2014) 37–42.
- K. Srivastava, N. Shringi, V. Devra, A. Rani, Pure silica
extraction from perlite: Its characterization and affecting factors.
Int. J. Innov. Res. Sci. Eng. Technol., 2 (2013) 2936–2942.
- T. Akar, I. Tosun, Z. Kaynak, E. Ozkara, O. Yeni, E.N. Sahin,
S.T. Akar, An attractive agro-industrial by-product in environmental
cleanup: Dye biosorption potential of untreated olive
pomace, J. Hazard. Mater., 166 (2009) 1217–1225.
- A. Gürses, A. Hassani, M. Kıranşan, O. Açışlı, S. Karaca,
Removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution using by
untreated lignite as potential low-cost adsorbent: Kinetic,
thermodynamic and equilibrium approach, J. Water Process
Eng., 2 (2014) 10–21.
- R. Lafi, A. Ben Fradj, A. Hafiane, B. Hameed, Coffee waste as
potential adsorbent for the removal of basic dyes from aqueous
solution, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 31 (2014) 2198–2206.
- S. Chowdhury, R. Mishra, P. Saha, P. Kushwaha, Adsorption
thermodynamics, kinetics and isosteric heat of adsorption of
malachite green onto chemically modified rice husk, Desalination,
265 (2011) 159–168.
- M. Turabık, B. Gozmen, Removal of basic textile dyes in single
and multi-dye solutions by adsorption: statistical optimization
and equilibrium isotherm studies, CLEAN–Soil, Air, Water, 41
- M. Ghaedi, H. Hossainian, M. Montazerozohori, A.
Shokrollahi, F. Shojaipour, M. Soylak, M. Purkait, A novel
acorn based adsorbent for the removal of brilliant green,
Desalination, 281 (2011) 226–233.
- X.S. Wang, X. Liu, L. Wen, Y. Zhou, Y. Jiang, Z. Li, Comparison
of basic dye crystal violet removal from aqueous solution by
low-cost biosorbents, Sep. Sci. Technol., 43 (2008) 3712–3731.
- S. Chakraborty, S. Chowdhury, P.D. Saha, Adsorption of crystal
violet from aqueous solution onto NaOH-modified rice
husk, Carbohydr. Polym., 86 (2011) 1533–1541.
- M. Peydayesh, A. Rahbar-Kelishami, Adsorption of methylene
blue onto Platanus orientalis leaf powder: Kinetic, equilibrium
and thermodynamic studies, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 21 (2015) 1014–
- S. Banerjee, G.C. Sharma, R.K. Gautam, M.C. Chattopadhyaya,
S.N. Upadhyay, Y.C. Sharma, Removal of Malachite Green, a
hazardous dye from aqueous solutions using Avena sativa (oat)
hull as a potential adsorbent, J. Mol. Liq., 213 (2016) 162–172.
- N.M. Mahmoodi, R. Salehi, M. Arami, Binary system dye
removal from colored textile wastewater using activated carbon:
Kinetic and isotherm studies, Desalination, 272 (2011)
- A. Shokrollahi, A. Alizadeh, Z. Malekhosseini, M. Ranjbar,
Removal of bromocresol green from aqueous solution via
adsorption on ziziphus nummularia as a new, natural, and
low-cost adsorbent: kinetic and thermodynamic study of
removal process, J. Chem. Eng. Data., 56 (2011) 3738–3746.
- M. Turabik, Adsorption of basic dyes from single and binary
component systems onto bentonite: Simultaneous analysis of
Basic Red 46 and Basic Yellow 28 by first order derivative spectrophotometric
analysis method, J. Hazard. Mater., 158 (2008)
- S. Elemen, E.P. Kumbasar, S. Yapar, Modeling the adsorption
of textile dye on organoclay using an artificial neural network,
Dyes Pigm., 95 (2012) 102–111.
- W. Tsai, K. Hsien, J. Yang, Silica adsorbent prepared from spent
diatomaceous earth and its application to removal of dye from
aqueous solution, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 275 (2004) 428–433.
- K.V. Kumar, A. Kumaran, Removal of methylene blue by
mango seed kernel powder, Biochem. Eng. J., 27 (2005) 83–93.
- M.A. Ahmad, N. Ahmad, O.S. Bello, Modified durian seed as
adsorbent for the removal of methyl red dye from aqueous
solutions, Appl. Water Sci., 5 (2015) 407–423.
- L.B.L. Lim, N. Priyantha, C.H. Ing, C. Bandara, Sorption characteristics
of peat of Brunei Darussalam I: Preliminary characterization
and equilibrium studies of methylene blue - peat
interactions, Ceylon J. Sci. (Phys. Sci.), 17 (2013) 41–51.
- M.K. Dahri, M.R. Rahimi Kooh, L.B.L. Lim, Application of
Casuarina equisetifolia needle for the removal of methylene
blue and malachite green dyes from aqueous solution, Alex.
Eng. J., 54 (2015) 1253–1263.
- A.H. Karim, A.A. Jalil, S. Triwahyono, S.M. Sidik, N.H.N.
Kamarudin, R. Jusoh, B.H. Hameed, Amino modified mesostructured
silica nanoparticles for efficient adsorption of
methylene blue, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 386 (2012) 307–314.
- N. Gupta, A.K. Kushwaha, M.C. Chattopadhyaya, Adsorption
studies of cationic dyes onto Ashoka (Saraca asoca) leaf powder,
J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 43 (2012) 604–613.
- K.V. Kumar, V. Ramamurthi, S. Sivanesan, Modeling the mechanism
involved during the sorption of methylene blue onto fly
ash, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 284 (2005) 14–21.
- M.U. Dural, L. Cavas, S.K. Papageorgiou, F.K. Katsaros, Methylene
blue adsorption on activated carbon prepared from
Posidonia oceanica (L.) dead leaves: Kinetics and equilibrium
studies, Chem. Eng. J., 168 (2011) 77–85.
- P. Das, P. Banerjee, S. Mondal, Mathematical modelling and
optimization of synthetic textile dye removal using soil composites
as highly competent liner material, Environ. Sci. Pollut.
Res., 22 (2015) 1318.
- S. An, X. Liu, L. Yang, L. Zhang, Enhancement removal of
crystal violet dye using magnetic calcium ferrite nanoparticle:
study in single-and binary-solute systems, Chem. Eng. Res.
Design, 94 (2015) 726–735.
- M.A. Schoonen, J.M. Schoonen, Removal of crystal violet from
aqueous solutions using coal, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 422
- R. Ahmad, Studies on adsorption of crystal violet dye from
aqueous solution onto coniferous pinus bark powder (CPBP), J.
Hazard Mater., 171 (2009) 767–773.
- T. Madrakian, A. Afkhami, M. Ahmadi, Adsorption and
kinetic studies of seven different organic dyes onto magnetite
nanoparticles loaded tea waste and removal of them from
wastewater samples, Spectrochim. Acta Part A Mol. Biomol.
Spectrosc., 99 (2012) 102–109.
- N. Dehghanian, M. Ghaedi, A. Ansari, A. Ghaedi, A. Vafaei,
M. Asif, V.K. Gupta, A random forest approach for predicting
the removal of Congo red from aqueous solutions by adsorption
onto tin sulfide nanoparticles loaded on activated carbon,
Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 9272–9285.
- M. Ashrafi, M.A. Chamjangali, G. Bagherian, N. Goudarzi,
Application of linear and non-linear methods for modeling
removal efficiency of textile dyes from aqueous solutions
using magnetic Fe3O4 impregnated onto walnut shell, Spectrochim.
Acta Part A Mol. Biomol. Spectrosc., 171 (2017) 268–279.
- N. Goudarzi, D. Shahsavani, F. Emadi-Gandaghi, M.A. Chamjangali,
Quantitative structure–property relationships of
retention indices of some sulfur organic compounds using
random forest technique as a variable selection and modeling
method, J. Sep. Sci., 39 (2016) 3835–3842.
- K. Roy, S. Kar, R.N. Das, A primer on QSAR/QSPR modeling:
Fundamental concepts Springer. 2015.
- V. Svetnik, A. Liaw, C. Tong, J.C. Culberson, R.P. Sheridan, B.P.
Feuston, Random forest: a classification and regression tool for
compound classification and QSAR modeling, J. Chem. Info.
Comp. Sci., 43 (2003) 1947–1958.
- J. Li, Z. Shao, C. Chen, X. Wang, Hierarchical GOs/Fe3O4/PANI magnetic composites as adsorbent for ionic dye pollution
treatment, RSC Adv., 4 (2014) 38192–38198.