- H.J. Kumari, P. Krishnamoorthy, T.K. Arumugam, S.
Radhakrishnan, D. Vasudevan, An efficient removal of crystal
violet dye from wastewater by adsorption onto TLAC/chitosan
composite: a novel low cost adsorbent, Int. J. Biol. Macromol.,
96 (2017) 324–333.
- F. Rehman, P.L.O. Volpe, C. Airoldi, Free amino and iminobridged
centres attached to organic chains bonded to
structurally ordered silica for dye removal from aqueous
solution, J. Environ. Manage., 133 (2014) 135–143.
- Y.Z. Zhang, J. Li, J. Zhao, W. Bian, Y. Li, X.J. Wang, Adsorption
behavior of modified Iron stick yam skin with polyethyleneimine
as a potential biosorbent for the removal of anionic dyes in
single and ternary systems at low temperature, Bioresour.
Technol., 222 (2016) 285–293.
- P. Vairavel, R.V. Murty, S. Nethaji, Removal of Congo red dye
from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto a dual adsorbent
(Neurosporacrassa dead biomass and wheat bran): optimization,
isotherm, and kinetics studies, Desal. Wat. Treat., 68 (2017)
- A. Mittal, V. Thakur, J. Mittal, H. Vardhan, Process development
for the removal of hazardous anionic azo dye Congo red from
wastewater by using hen feather as potential adsorbent, Desal.
Wat. Treat., 52 (2014) 227–237.
- N.P. Raval, P.U. Shah, N.K. Shah, Adsorptive amputation
of hazardous azo dye Congo red from wastewater: a critical
review, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 23 (2016) 14810–14853.
- M.K. Nayunigari, R. Das, A. Maity, S. Agarwal, V.K. Gupta,
Folic acid modified cross-linked cationic polymer: synthesis,
characterization and application of the removal of Congo red
dye from aqueous medium, J. Mol. Liq., 227 (2017) 87–97.
- M.H. Beyki, H. Alijani, Y. Fazli, Solvent free synthesized
MnFe2O4@polyamid resin as a novel green nanohybrid for fast
removing Congo red, J. Mol. Liq., 216 (2016) 6-11.
- W.T. Mook, M.K. Aroua, M. Szlachta, C.S. Lee, Optimisation
of Reactive Black 5 dye removal by electrocoagulation process
using response surface methodology, Water Sci. Technol., 75
- P. Zhang, X. Yang, Z. Zhao, B. Li, J. Gui, D. Liu, J. Qiu, Onestep
synthesis of flowerlike C/Fe2O3 nanosheet assembly with
superior adsorption capacity and visible light photocatalytic
performance for dye removal, Carbon, 116 (2017) 59–67.
- K. Vijayaraghavan, Y. Premkumar, J. Jegan, Malachite green
and crystal violet biosorption onto coco-peat: characterization
and removal studies, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016) 6423–6431.
- L. Yang, Z. Wang, J. Zhang, Zeolite imidazolate framework
hybrid nanofiltration (NF) membranes with enhanced perm
selectivity for dye removal, J. Membr. Sci., 532 (2017) 76–86.
- A. Debnath, K. Deb, K.K. Chattopadhyay, B. Saha, Methyl
orange adsorption onto simple chemical route synthesized
crystalline α-Fe2O3 nanoparticles: kinetic, equilibrium isotherm,
and neural network modeling, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016)
- Y.J. Zhang, J.L. Ou, Z.K. Duan, Z.J. Xing, Y. Wang, Adsorption
of Cr(VI) on bamboo bark-based activated carbon in the absence
and presence of humic acid, Colloids Surf., A, 481 (2015)
- R. Chug, V.S. Gour, S. Mathur, S.L. Kothari, Optimization of
extracellular polymeric substances production using Azotobacter
beijreinckii and Bacillus subtilis and its application in chromium
(VI) removal, Bioresour. Technol., 214 (2016) 604–608.
- A.R. Esfahani, S. Hojati, A. Azimi, M. Farzadian, A. Khataee,
Enhanced hexavalent chromium removal from aqueous solution
using a sepiolite-stabilized zero-valent iron nanocomposite:
impact of operational parameters and artificial neural network
modeling, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 49 (2015) 172–182.
- G. Sharma, M. Naushad, D. Pathania, A. Mittal, G.E.
El-desoky, Modification of Hibiscus cannabinus fiber by graft
copolymerization: application for dye removal, Desal. Wat.
Treat., 54 (2015) 3114–3121.
- S. Gita, S.P. Shukla, T.G. Choudhury, C. Prakash, A.R. Singh,
A prototype of novel agro-waste based column bed device for
removal of textile dye Optilan Red, Water Sci. Technol., (2017).
76 (2017) 1251–1260.
- D.D. Sewu, P. Boakye, S.H. Woo, Highly efficient adsorption of
cationic dye by biochar produced with Korean cabbage waste,
Bioresour. Technol., 224 (2017) 206–213.
- R. Liu, Y. Tian, J. Xu, H. Fu, Y. Li, Efficient removal of Congo
Red by magnetic CoFe2O4 nanoparticles prepared via the
rapid combustion process, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 16 (2016)
- R. Liu, H. Fu, H. Yin, P. Wang, L. Lu, Y. Tao, A facile sol
combustion and calcinations process for the preparation of
magnetic Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 nanopowders and their adsorption
behaviors of Congo red, Powder Technol., 274 (2015) 418–425.
- R. Liu, P. Lv, H. Fu, R. Lu, X. Wu, Y. Lu, Removal performance
of Methyl Blue onto magnetic MgFe2O4 nanoparticles prepared
via the rapid combustion process, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 17
- A. Debnath, M. Majumder, M. Pal, N.S. Das, K.K. Chattopadhyay,
B. Saha, Enhanced adsorption of hexavalent chromium onto
magnetic calcium ferrite nanoparticles: kinetic, isotherm, and
neural network modeling, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol., 37 (2016)
- D. Ghanbari, M. Salavati-Niasari, F. Beshkar, O. Amiri, Electrospinning
of cellulose acetate nanofibers: microwave synthesize
of calcium ferrite nanoparticles and CA–Ag–CaFe2O4
nanocomposites, J. Mater. Sci. - Mater. Electron., 26 (2015)
- L. Shao, Z. Ren, G. Zhang, L. Chen, Facile synthesis,
characterization of a MnFe2O4/activated carbon magnetic
composite and its effectiveness in tetracycline removal, Mater.
Chem. Phys., 135 (2012) 16–24.
- S. Dhanavel, E.A.K. Nivethaa, K. Dhanapal, V.K. Gupta, V.
Narayanan, A. Stephen, α-MoO3/polyaniline composite for
effective scavenging of Rhodamine B, Congo red and textile dye
effluent, RSC Adv., 6 (2016) 28871–28886.
- O. Ozdemir, B. Armagan, M. Turan, M.S. Celik, Comparison
of the adsorption characteristics of azo-reactive dyes on
mezoporous minerals, Dyes Pigm., 62 (2004) 49–60.
- X. Liu, Z. Zhang, W. Shi, Y. Zhang, S. An, L. Zhang, Adsorbing
properties of magnetic nanoparticles Mn-ferrites on removal of
Congo Red from aqueous solution, J. Dispersion Sci. Technol.,
36 (2015) 462-470.
- R. Kumar, M.O. Ansari, N. Parveen, M.A. Barakat, M.H. Cho,
Simple route for the generation of differently functionalized
PVC@ graphene–polyaniline fiber bundles for the removal of
Congo red from wastewater, RSC Adv., 5 (2015) 61486–61494.
- J. Shu, Z. Wang, Y. Huang, N. Huang, C. Ren, W. Zhang,
Adsorption removal of Congo red from aqueous solution
by polyhedral Cu2O nanoparticles: kinetics, isotherms,
thermodynamics and mechanism analysis, J. Alloys Compd.,
633 (2015) 338–346.
- M. Ghaedi, M.R. Rahimi, A.M. Ghaedi, I. Tyagi, S. Agarwal, V.K.
Gupta, Application of least squares support vector regression
and linear multiple regression for modeling removal of methyl
orange onto tin oxide nanoparticles loaded on activated carbon
and activated carbon prepared from Pistaciaatlantica wood, J.
Colloid Interface Sci., 461 (2016) 425–434.
- S. Shahabuddin, N.M. Sarih, S. Mohamad, S.N.A. Baharin,
Synthesis and characterization of CO3O4 nanocube-doped
polyaniline nanocomposites with enhanced methyl orange
adsorption from aqueous solution, RSC Adv., 6 (2016)
- J. Dai, J. Sun, A. Xie, J. He, C. Li, Y. Yan, Designed preparation
of 3D hierarchically porous carbon material via solvothermal
route and in situ activation for ultrahigh-efficiency dye
removal: adsorption isotherm, kinetics and thermodynamics
characteristics, RSC Adv., 6 (2016) 3446–3457.
- E. Rosales, M. Pazos, M.A. Sanroman, T. Tavares, Application
of zeolite-Arthrobacter viscous system for the removal of heavy
metal and dye: chromium and Azure B, Desalination, 284 (2012)
- S. Zeng, S. Duan, R. Tang, L. Li, C. Liu, D. Sun, Magnetically
separable Ni0.6Fe2.4O4 nanoparticles as an effective adsorbent
for dye removal: synthesis and study on the kinetic and
thermodynamic behaviors for dye adsorption, Chem. Eng. J.,
258 (2014) 218-228.
- S. An, X. Liu, L. Yang, L. Zhang, Enhancement removal of
crystal violet dye using magnetic calcium ferrite nanoparticle:
study in single- and binary-solute systems, Chem. Eng. Res.
Des., 94 (2015) 726-735.
- X. Zhao, W. Wang, Y. Zhang, S. Wu, F. Li, J.P. Liu, Synthesis
and characterization of gadolinium doped cobalt ferrite
nanoparticles with enhanced adsorption capability for Congo
Red, Chem. Eng. J., 250 (2014) 164-174.
- A. Debnath, K. Deb, N.S. Das, K.K. Chattopadhyay, B. Saha,
Simple chemical route synthesis of Fe2O3 nanoparticles and its
application for adsorptive removal of Congo Red from aqueous
media: artificial neural network modeling, J. Dispersion Sci.
Technol., 37 (2016) 775-785.
- L. Wang, J. Li, Y. Wang, L. Zhao, Q. Jiang, Adsorption capability
for Congo red on nanocrystalline MFe2O4 (M = Mn, Fe, Co, Ni)
spinel ferrites, Chem. Eng. J., 181 (2012) 72–79.
- M. Ghaedi, M.N. Biyareh, S.N. Kokhdan, S. Shamsaldini,
R. Sahraei, A. Daneshfar, S. Shahriyar, Comparison of the
efficiency of palladium and silver nanoparticles loaded on
activated carbon and zinc oxide nanorods loaded on activated
carbon as new adsorbents for removal of Congo red from
aqueous solution: kinetic and isotherm study, Mater. Sci. Eng.,
C, 32 (2012) 725–734.
- A. Zúñiga-Zamora, J. García-Mena, E. Cervantes-González,
Removal of Congo Red from the aqueous phase by chitin
and chitosan from waste shrimp, Desal. Wat. Treat., 57 (2016)
- A. Afkhami, R. Moosavi, Adsorptive removal of Congo red a
carcinogenic textile dye from aqueous solutions by maghemite
nanoparticles, J. Hazard. Mater., 174 (2010) 398–403.
- E. Bulut, M. Özacar, I.A. Sengil, Equilibrium and kinetic data
and process design for adsorption of Congo Red onto bentonite,
J. Hazard. Mater., 154 (2008) 613–622.
- R.K. Gautam, V. Rawat, S. Banerjee, M.A. Sanroman, S. Soni,
S.K. Singh, M.C. Chattopadhyaya, Synthesis of bimetallic Fe–Zn
nanoparticles and its application towards adsorptive removal
of carcinogenic dye malachite green and Congo red in water, J.
Mol. Liq., 212 (2015) 227–236.
- F.N. Azad, M. Ghaedi, A. Asfaram, A. Jamshidi, G. Hassani, A.
Goudarzi, A. Ghaedi, Optimization of the process parameters
for the adsorption of ternary dyes by Ni doped FeO(OH)-NWs–
AC using response surface methodology and an artificial neural
network, RSC Adv., 6 (2016) 19768–19779.
- A. Debnath, M. Majumder, M. Pal, A cognitive approach in
selection of source for water treatment plant based on climatic
impact, Water Resour. Manage., 29 (2015) 1907–1919.
- A. Celekli, S.S. Birecikligil, F. Geyik, H. Bozkurt, Prediction
of removal efficiency of Lanaset Red G on walnut husk using
artificial neural network model, Bioresour. Technol., 103 (2012)
- H.A. Hamid, Y. Jenidi, W. Thielemans, C. Somerfield, R.L.
Gomes, Predicting the capability of carboxylated cellulose
nanowhiskers for the remediation of copper from water using
response surface methodology (RSM) and artificial neural
network (ANN) models, Ind. Crops Prod., 93 (2016) 108–120.
- K.L. Bhowmik, A. Debnath, R.K. Nath, S. Das, K.K.
Chattopadhyay, B. Saha, Synthesis and characterization of
mixed phase manganese ferrite and hausmannite magnetic
nanoparticle as potential adsorbent for methyl orange from
aqueous media: artificial neural network modeling, J. Mol. Liq.,
219 (2016) 1010–1022.
- M. Khajeh, A.R. Golzary, Synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles–
chitosan for extraction of methyl orange from water samples:
cuckoo optimization algorithm–artificial neural network,
Spectrochim. Acta, Part A, 131 (2014) 189–194.