- S.O. Akpotu, B. Moodley, Synthesis and characterization of citric
acid grafted MCM-41 and its adsorption of cationic dyes, J.
Environ. Chem. Eng., 4 (2016) 4503–4513.
- W. Stawiński, A. Węgrzyn, T. Dańko, O. Freitas, S. Figueiredo,
L. Chmielarz, Acid-base treated vermiculite as high performance
adsorbent: Insights into the mechanism of cationic dyes
adsorption, regeneration, recyclability and stability studies,
Chemosphere. (2017). doi:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.01.039.
- W. Konicki, M. Aleksandrzak, D. Moszyński, E. Mijowska,
Adsorption of anionic azo-dyes from aqueous solutions onto
graphene oxide: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic
studies, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 496 (2017) 188–200.
- Z. Zhu, P. Wu, G. Liu, X. He, B. Qi, G. Zeng, et al., Ultrahigh
adsorption capacity of anionic dyes with sharp selectivity
through the cationic charged hybrid nanofibrous membranes,
Chem. Eng. J. (2016). doi:10.1016/j.cej.2016.10.145.
- U.A. Isah, G. Abdulraheem, S. Bala, S. Muhammad, M. Abdullahi,
Kinetics, equilibrium and thermodynamics studies of C.I.
Reactive Blue 19 dye adsorption on coconut shell based activated
carbon, Int. Biodeterior. Biodegrad., 102 (2015) 265–273.
- Y.S. Al-Degs, M.I. El-Barghouthi, A.H. El-Sheikh, G.M. Walker,
Effect of solution pH, ionic strength, and temperature on
adsorption behavior of reactive dyes on activated carbon, Dye.
Pigment., 77 (2008) 16–23.
- K.Z. Elwakeel, A.M. Elgarahy, S.H. Mohammad, Use of beach
bivalve shells located at Port Said coast (Egypt) as a green
approach for methylene blue removal, J. Environ. Chem. Eng.,
5 (2017) 578–587
- Y. Yao, F. Xu, M. Chen, Z. Xu, Z. Zhu, Adsorption of cationic
methyl violet and methylene blue dyes onto carbon nanotubes,
in: 2010 IEEE 5th Int. Conf. Nano/Micro Eng. Mol. Syst. NEMS
2010, 2010: pp. 1083–1087.
- S.N.F. Nekouei, Comparative evaluation of BiOCleNPlseAC
composite performance for methylene blue dye removal from
solution in the presence/absence of UV irradiation: Kinetic
and isotherm studies, J. Alloys Compd., 701 (2017) 950–966.
- N. Othman, N. Harruddin, A. Idris, Z.-Y. Ooi, N. Fatiha, R.N.R.
Sulaiman, Fabrication of polypropylene membrane via thermally
induced phase separation as a support matrix of tridodecylamine
supported liquid membrane for Red 3BS dye
removal, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 12287–12301.
- M. Chenna, R. Chemlal, N. Drouiche, K. Messaoudi, H. Lounici,
Effectiveness of a physicochemical coagulation/flocculation
process for the pretreatment of polluted water containing
Hydron Blue Dye, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 27003–27014.
- H. Nourmoradi, S. Zabihollahi, H.R. Pourzamani, Removal of
a common textile dye, navy blue (NB), from aqueous solutions
by combined process of coagulation–flocculation followed by
adsorption, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 5200–5211.
- M. Soniya, G. Muthuraman, Recovery of methylene blue from
aqueous solution by liquid–liquid extraction, Desal. Water
Treat., 53 (2015) 2501–2509.
- I. Bousnoubra, K. Djebbar, A. Abdessemed, T. Sehili, Decolorization
of methyl green and bromocresol purple in mono and
binary systems by photochemical processes: direct UV photolysis,
Acetone/UV and H2O2/UV. A comparative study, Desal.
Water Treat., (2016) 27710–27725.
- B. AlHamad, N. Al-Bastaki, Degradation of Reactive Blue 19
using advanced oxidation methods: gliding-arc plasma discharge,
Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 24352–24358.
- Ö. Gök, A.S. Özcan, A. Özcan, Adsorption behavior of a textile
dye of Reactive Blue 19 from aqueous solutions onto modified
bentonite, Appl. Surf. Sci. 256 (2010) 5439–5443.
- H.J. Kumari, P. Krishnamoorthy, T.K. Arumugam, S. Radhakrishnan,
D. Vasudevan, An efficient removal of crystal violet
dye from waste water by adsorption onto TLAC/chitosan
composite: A novel low cost adsorbent, Int. J. Biol. Macromol.,
96 (2017) 324–333.
- M. Saad, H. Tahir, J. Khan, U. Hameed, A. Saud, Synthesis of
polyaniline nanoparticles and their application for the removal
of Crystal Violet dye by ultrasonicated adsorption process
based on response surface methodology, Ultrason. Sonochem.,
34 (2017) 600–608.
- M. Doǧan, Y. Özdemir, M. Alkan, Adsorption kinetics and
mechanism of cationic methyl violet and methylene blue dyes
onto sepiolite, Dye. Pigment., 75 (2007) 701–713.
- M. Alkan, S. Çelikçcapa, Ö. Demirbaş, M. Dogan, Removal of
reactive blue 221 and acid blue 62 anionic dyes from aqueous
solutions by sepiolite, Dye. Pigm., 65 (2005) 251–259.
- V.K. Gupta, Suhas, Application of low-cost adsorbents for dye
removal - A review, J. Environ. Manage., 90 (2009) 2313–2342.
- K. Santhy, P. Selvapathy, Removal of reactive dyes from wastewater
by adsorption on coir pith activated carbon, Biores.
Technol., 97 (2006) 1329–1336.
- T. Ngulube, J.R. Gumbo, V. Masindi, A. Maity, An update on
synthetic dyes adsorption onto clay based minerals: A state-of-art review, J. Environ. Manage., 191 (2017) 35–57.
- M. Imamoglu, H. Şahin, Ş. Aydın, F. Tosunoğlu, H. Yılmaz, S.Z.
Yıldız, Investigation of Pb(II) adsorption on a novel activated
carbon prepared from hazelnut husk by K2CO3 activation,
Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2015) 4587–4596.
- R. Gopinathan, A. Bhowal, C. Garlapati, Thermodynamic
study of some basic dyes adsorption from aqueous solutions
on activated carbon and new correlations, J. Chem. Thermodyn.,
107 (2017) 182–188.
- M.A. Islam, S. Sabar, A. Benhouria, W.A. Khanday, M. Asif,
B.H. Hameed, Nanoporous activated carbon prepared from
karanj (Pongamia pinnata) fruit hulls for methylene blue
adsorption, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 0 (2017) 1–9.
- L. Sellaoui, É.C. Lima, G.L. Dotto, S.L.P. Dias, A.B. Lamine, Physicochemical
modeling of reactive violet 5 dye adsorption on
home-made cocoa shell and commercial activated carbons using
the statistical physics theory, Results Phys., 7 (2017) 233–237.
- T.L. Silva, A. Ronix, O. Pezoti, L.S. Souza, P.K.T. Leandro, K.C.
Bedin, et al., Mesoporous activated carbon from industrial
laundry sewage sludge: Adsorption studies of reactive dye
Remazol Brilliant Blue R, Chem. Eng. J., 303 (2016) 467–476.
- V. Tharaneedhar, P. Senthil Kumar, A. Saravanan, C. Ravikumar,
V. Jaikumar, Prediction and interpretation of adsorption
parameters for the sequestration of methylene blue dye from
aqueous solution using microwave assisted corncob activated
carbon, Sustain. Mater. Technol., 11 (2017) 1–11.
- L. Zhou, Q. Yu, Y. Cui, F. Xie, W. Li, Y. Li, et al., Adsorption
properties of activated carbon from reed with a high adsorption
capacity, Ecol. Eng., 102 (2017) 443–450.
- T. Yoda, K. Shibuya, K. Miura, H. Myoubudani, Characterization
of the adsorption ability of silk-derived activated carbon
fibers using X-ray analysis and camera imaging methods,
Measurement., 101 (2017) 103–110.
- M. Yu, Y. Han, J. Li, L. Wang, CO2-activated porous carbon
derived from cattail biomass for removal of malachite green
dye and application as supercapacitors, Chem. Eng. J., (2017).
- M. Imamoglu, Adsorption of Cd(II) ions onto activated carbon
prepared from hazelnut husks, J. Dispers. Sci. Technol., 34
- O. Teker, M. Imamoglu, M. Saltabas, Adsorption of copper and
cadmium lons by activated carbon from rice hulls, Turk. J.
Chem., 23 (1999) 185–191.
- F. Güzel, H.S. Gılı, G. Akkaya, S. Gılı, F. Koyuncu, C. Yılmaz,
Optimal oxidation with nitric acid of biochar derived from
pyrolysis of weeds and its application in removal of hazardous
dye methylene blue from aqueous solution, J. Clean. Prod., 144
- S.M. Miraboutalebi, S.K. Nikouzad, M. Peydayesh, N. Allahgholi,
L. Vafajoo, G. McKay, Methylene blue adsorption via
maize silk powder: Kinetic, equilibrium, thermodynamic
studies and residual error analysis, Process Saf. Environ. Prot.,
106 (2017) 191–202.
- A.B. Albadarin, M.N. Collins, M. Naushad, S. Shirazian, G.
Walker, C. Mangwandi, Activated lignin-chitosan extruded
blends for efficient adsorption of methylene blue, Chem. Eng.
J., 307 (2017) 264–272.
- M.G. Vaz, A.G.B. Pereira, A.R. Fajardo, A.C.N. Azevedo,
F.H.A. Rodrigues, Methylene blue adsorption on chitosan-gpoly(acrylic acid)/rice husk ash super absorbent composite:
kinetics, equilibrium, and thermodynamics, Water Air Soil
Pollut., (n.d.). doi:10.1007/s11270-016-3185-4.
- S.E. Moradi, Microwave assisted preparation of sodium
dodecyl sulphate (SDS) modified ordered nanoporous carbon
and its adsorption for MB dye, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20 (2014)
- T. Calvete, E.C. Lima, N.F. Cardoso, S.L.P. Dias, F.A. Pavan,
Application of carbon adsorbents prepared from the Brazilian
pine-fruit-shell for the removal of Procion Red MX 3B from
aqueous solution—Kinetic, equilibrium, and thermodynamic
studies, Chem. Eng. J., 155 (2009) 627–636.
- C. Ozer, M. Imamoglu, Y. Turhan, F. Boysan, Removal of methylene
blue from aqueous solutions using phosphoric acid activated
carbon produced from hazelnut husks, Toxicol. Environ.
Chem., 94 (2012) 1283–1293.
- I. Langmuir, The Adsorption of gases on plane surfaces of glass,
mica and platinum, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 40 (1918) 1361–1403.
- H.M.F. Freundlich, Over the adsorption in solution, J. Phys.
Chem., 57 (1906) 1100–1107.
- M.E. Mahmoud, M.F. Amira, S.M. Seleim, A.K. Mohamed,
Adsorption isotherm models, kinetics study, and thermodynamic
parameters of Ni(II) and Zn(II) Removal from water
using the LbL technique, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 62 (2017) 839–850.
- A.K. Sasmal, J. Pal, R. Sahoo, P. Kartikeya, S. Dutta, T. Pal, Superb
Dye adsorption and dye-sensitized change in Cu2O-Ag crystal
faces in the dark, J. Phys. Chem. C., 120 (2016) 21580–21588.
- A. Delle Site, Factors affecting sorption of organic compounds
in natural sorbent/water systems and sorption coefficients
for selected pollutants. A review, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 30
- H.L.S. Fan, J. Tang, Y. Wang, H. Zhang, J. Tang, Z. Wang, B.X.
Li, Biochar prepared from co-pyrolysis of municipal sewage
sludge and tea waste for the adsorption of methylene blue
from aqueous solutions: Kinetics, isotherm, thermodynamic
and mechanism, J. Mol. Liq., 220 (2016) 432–441.
- D. Pathania, S. Sharma, P. Singh, Removal of methylene blue
by adsorption onto activated carbon developed from Ficus
carica bast, Arab. J. Chem., 10 (2017) 1445–1451.
- D. Balarak, J. Jaafari, G. Hassani, Y. Mahdavi, I. Tyagi, S.
Agarwal, K.G. Vinod, The use of low-cost adsorbent (Canola
residues) for the adsorption of methylene blue from aqueous
solution: Isotherm, kinetic and thermodynamic studies, COLCOM.
7 (2015) 16–19.
- F. Marrakchi, M.J. Ahmed, W.A. Khanday, M. Asif, B.H.
Hameed, Mesoporous-activated carbon prepared from chitosan
flakes via single-step sodium hydroxide activation for
the adsorption of methylene blue, Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 98
- H. Fakhri, A.R. Mahjoub, H. Aghayan, Effective removal of
methylene blue and cerium by a novel pair set of heteropoly
acids based functionalized graphene oxide: Adsorption and
photocatalytic study, Chem. Eng. Res. Des., 120 (2017) 303–
- Z. Du, Y. Zhang, Z. Li, H. Chen, Y. Wang, G. Wang, P. Zou, H.
Chen, Y. Zhan, Facile one-pot fabrication of nano-Fe3O4/carboxyl-functionalized baker’s yeast composites and their application
in methylene blue dye adsorption, Appl. Surf. Sci., 392
- F. Marrakchi, W.A. Khanday, M. Asif, B.H. Hameed, Crosslinked
chitosan/sepiolite composite for the adsorption of
methylene blue and reactive orange 16, Int. J. Biol. Macromol.,
93 (2016) 1231–1239.
- G. Karaçetin, S. Sivrikaya, M. Imamoğlu, Adsorption of methylene
blue from aqueous solutions by activated carbon prepared
from hazelnut husk using zinc chloride, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis.,
110 (2014) 270–276.
- G. Duman, Y. Onal, C. Okutucu, S. Onenc, J. Yanik, Production
of activated carbon from pine cone and evaluation of its
physical, chemical, and adsorption properties, Energy Fuels,
23 (2009) 2197–2204.
- G. Simsek, M. Imamoglu, Investigation of equilibrium, kinetic
and thermodynamic of methylene blue adsorption onto dehydrated
hazelnut husk carbon, Desal. Water Treat., 54 (2015)
- S. Lagergren, About the theory of so-called adsorption of soluble
substances, K. Sven. Vetenskapsakad. Hand, 24 (1898) 1–39.
- Y. Ho, G. McKay, Pseudo-second order model for sorption processes,
Process Biochem., 34 (1999) 451–465.
- B.J. Fettig, H. Sontheimer, Kinetics of adsorption on activated
carbon: II . Multisolute systems, J. Environ. Eng., 113 (1987)
- R. Gonte, K. Balasubramanian, Heavy and toxic metal
uptake by mesoporous hypercrosslinked SMA beads: Isotherms
and kinetics, J. Saudi Chem. Soc., (2013). doi:10.1016/j.
- C. Ozer, F. Boysan, M. Imamoglu, Adsorption of Cu(II), Ni(II)
and Pb(II) ions onto polyamine-polyurea polymer modified
with pyromellitic dianhydride: kinetic, isotherm and thermodynamic
studies, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 11173–11183.
- C. Ozer, F. Boysan, M. Imamoglu, S.Z. Yildiz, Enhanced
adsorption of hexavalent chromium ions on polyamine polyurea
polymer: isotherm, kinetic, thermodynamic studies and
batch processing design, J. Dispers. Sci. Technol., 37 (2016)
- R.-S.J. Feng-Chin Wua, R.-L. Tseng, Initial behavior of intraparticle
diffusion model used in the description of adsorption
kinetics, Chem. Eng. J., 153 (2009) 1–8.
- C. Ozer, F. Boysan, M. Imamoglu, S.Z. Yildiz, Adsorption of
Cd(II) ions onto polyamine-polyurea polymer modified with
pyromellitic dianhydride, Desal. Water Treat., 57 (2016) 2787–
- C. Duran, D. Ozdes, A. Gundogdu, M. Imamoglu, H.B. Senturk,
Tea-industry waste activated carbon, as a novel adsorbent, for
separation, preconcentration and speciation of chromium,
Anal. Chim. Acta., 688 (2011) 75–83.