- J.Y. Choi, D.H. Han, Y.K. Kim, J.H. Ahn, New permit system for
management of industrial wastewater facilities, J. Korean Soc.
Water Wastewater, 25 (2011) 169–170.
- B. Ferrari, N. Paxeus, R.L. Giudice, A. Pollio, J. Garric,
Ecotoxicological impact of pharmaceuticals found in treated
wastewaters: study of carbamazepine, clofibric acid, and
diclofenac, Ecotoxicol. Environ. Saf., 55 (2003) 359–370.
- P.K. Jjemba, Excretion and ecotoxicity of pharmaceuticals and
personal care products in the environment, Ecotoxicol. Environ.
Saf., 63 (2006) 113–130.
- M. Grung, T. Kallqvist, S. Sakshaug, S. Skurtveit, K.V.
Thomas, Environmental assessment of Norwegian priority
pharmaceuticals based on the EMEA guideline, Ecotoxicol.
Environ. Saf., 71 (2008) 328–340.
- T. Lin, S. Yu, W. Chen, Occurrence, removal and risk assessment
of pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) in an
advanced drinking water treatment plant (ADWTP) around
Taihu Lake in China, Chemosphere, 152 (2016) 1–9.
- A.B.A. Boxall, M.A. Rudd, B.W. Brooks, D.J. Caldwell, K. Choi,
S. Hickmann, E. Innes, K. Ostapyk, J.P. Staveley, T. Verslycke,
G.T. Ankley, K.F. Beazley, S.E. Belanger, J.P. Berninger, P.
Carriquiriborde, A. Coors, P.C. DeLeo, S.D. Dyer, J.F. Ericson,
F. Gagné, J.P. Giesy, T. Gouin, L. Hallstrom, M.V. Karlsson,
D.G.J. Larsson, J.M. Lazorchak, F. Mastrocco, A. McLaughlin,
M.E. McMaster, R.D. Meyerhoff, R. Moore, J.L. Parrott, J.R.
Snape, R. Murray-Smith, M.R. Servos, P.K. Sibley, J.O. Straub,
N.D. Szabo, E. Topp, G.R. Tetreault, V.L. Trudeau, G.V.D.
Kraak, Pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the
environment: what are the big questions?, Environ. Health
Perspect. 120 (2012) 1221–1229.
- Q. Bu, B. Wang, J. Huang, S. Deng, G. Yu, Pharmaceuticals and
personal care products in the aquatic environment in China: a
review, J. Hazard. Mater., 262 (2013) 189–211.
- E. Vulliet, C. Cren-Olive, M.F. Grenier-Loustalot, Occurrence of
pharmaceuticals and hormones in drinking water treated from
surface waters, Environ. Chem. Lett., 9 (2011) 103–114.
- M. Clara, B. Strenn, O. Gans, E. Martinez, N. Kreuzinger, H.
Kroiss, Removal of selected pharmaceuticals, fragrances and
endocrine disrupting compounds in a membrane bioreactor
and conventional wastewater treatment plants, Water Res., 39
- H. Sanderson, D.J. Johnson, T. Reitsma, R.A. Brain, C.J. Wilson,
K.R. Solomon, Ranking and prioritization of environmental
risks of pharmaceuticals in surface waters, Regul. Toxicol.
Pharm., 39 (2004) 158–183.
- W.J. Sim, J.W. Lee, J.E. Oh, Occurrence and fate of
pharmaceuticals in wastewater treatment plants and rivers in
Korea, Environ. Pollut., 158 (2010) 1938–1947.
- S.D. Kim, J. Cho, I.S. Kim, B.J. Vanderford, S.A. Snyder,
Occurrence and removal of pharmaceuticals and endocrine
disruptors in South Korean surface, drinking and waste waters,
Water Res., 41 (2007) 1013–1021.
- X. Yang, R.C. Flowers, H.S. Weinberg, P.C. Singer, Occurrence
and removal of pharmaceuticals and personal care products
(PPCPs) in an advanced wastewater reclamation plant, Water
Res., 45 (2011) 5218–5228.
- S.K. Behera, H.W. Kim, J.E. Oh, H.S. Park, Occurrence
and removal of antibiotics, hormones and several other
pharmaceuticals in wastewater treatment plants of the
largest industrial city of Korea, Sci. Total Environ., 409 (2011)
- N. Nakada, H. Shinohara, A. Murata, K. Kiri, S. Managaki,
N. Sato, H. Takada, Removal of selected pharmaceuticals and
personal care products (PPCPs) and endocrine-disrupting
chemicals (EDCs) during sand filtration and ozonation at
a municipal sewage treatment plant, Water Res., 41 (2007)
- J.T. Yu, E.J. Bouwer, M. Coelhan, Occurrence and
biodegradability studies of selected pharmaceuticals and
personal care products in sewage effluent, Agric. Water
Manage., 86 (2006) 72–80.
- A. Joss, E. Keller, A.C. Alder, A. Gobel, C.S. McArdell, T.
Ternes, H. Siegrist, Removal of pharmaceuticals and fragrances
in biological wastewater treatment, Water Res., 39 (2005)
- M.J. Gomez, M.J.M. Bueno, S. Lacorte, A.R. Fernandez-Alba,
A. Aguera, Pilot survey monitoring pharmaceuticals and
related compounds in a sewage treatment plant located on the
Mediterranean coast, Chemosphere, 66 (2007) 993–1002.
- K. Kummerer, The presence of pharmaceuticals in the
environment due to human use – present knowledge and future
challenges, J. Environ. Manage., 90 (2009) 2354–2366.
- J.C. Madden, S.J. Enoch, M. Hewitt, M.T.D. Cronin,
Pharmaceuticals in the environment: good practice in predicting
acute ecotoxicological effects, Toxicol. Lett., 185 (2009) 85–101.
- S.K. Maeng, S.K. Sharma, K.L. Teunissen, G.L. Amy, Occurrence
and fate of bulk organic matter and pharmaceutically active
compounds in managed aquifer recharge: a review, Water Res.,
45 (2011) 3015–3033.
- S.A. Snyder, E.C. Wert, H. Lei, P. Westerhoff, Y.M. Yoon, Removal
of EDCs and Pharmaceuticals in Drinking and Reuse Treatment
Processes, AWWA Research Foundation, Denver, CO, 2007.
- G.T. Carroll, N.J. Turro, J.T. Koberstein, Patterning dewetting in
thin polymer films by spatially directed photocrosslinking, J.
Colloid Interface Sci., 351 (2010) 556–560.
- M. Finsgar, I. Milosev, Inhibition of copper corrosion by
1,2,3-benzotriazole: a review, Corros. Sci., 52 (2010) 2737–2749.
- M. Placzek, M. Dendorfer, B. Przybilla, K.P. Gilbertz, B.
Eberlein, Photosensitizing properties of compounds related to
benzophenone, Acta Derm. Venereol., 93 (2013) 30–32.
- C. Sease, Benzotriazole: a review for conservators, Stud.
Conserv., 23 (1978) 76–85.
- D.W. Kolpin, E.T. Furlong, M.T. Meyer, E.M. Thurman, S.D.
Zaugg, L.B. Barber, H.T. Buxton, Pharmaceuticals, hormones,
and other organic wastewater contaminants in U.S. stream,
1999-2000: a national reconnaissance, Environ. Sci. Technol., 36
- Global Water Research Coalition, Development of an
International Priority List of Pharmaceuticals Relevant for the
Water Cycle, 2008.
- N.H. Tran, J. Li, J. Hu, S.L. Ong, Occurrence and suitability
of pharmaceuticals and personal care products as molecular
markers for raw wastewater contamination in surface water and
groundwater, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 21 (2014) 4727–2740.
- J.L. Conkle, J.R. White, C.D. Metcalfe, Reduction of
pharmaceutically active compounds by a lagoon wetland
wastewater treatment system is Southeast Louisiana,
Chemosphere, 73 (2008) 1741–1748.
- J.L. Santos, I. Aparicio, M. Callejon, E. Alonso, Occurrence of
pharmaceutically active compounds during 1-year period in
wastewater from four wastewater treatment plants in Seville
(Spain), J. Hazard. Mater., 164 (2009) 1509–1516.
- A. Daneshvar, K. Aboulfadl, L. Viglino, R. Broseus, S.
Sauve, A.S.M. Humery, G.A. Weyhenmeyer, M. Prevost,
Evaluating pharmaceuticals and caffeine as indicators of
fecal contamination in drinking water sources of the Greater
Montreal region, Chemosphere, 88 (2012) 131–139.
- X. Li, W. Zheng, W.R. Kelly, Occurrence and removal of
pharmaceutical and hormone contaminants in rural wastewater
treatment lagoons, Sci. Total Environ., 445–446 (2013) 21–28.
- M. Carballa, F. Omil, J.M. Lema, M. Llompart, C.G. Jares, I.
Rodriguez, M. Gomez, T. Ternes, Behavior of pharmaceuticals,
cosmetics and hormones in a sewage treatment plant, Water
Res., 38 (2004) 2918–2926.
- M. Carballa, F. Omil, J.M. Lema, Comparison of predicted
and measured concentrations of selected pharmaceuticals,
fragrances and hormones in Spanish sewage, Chemosphere, 72
- N. Lindqvist, T. Tuhkanen, L. Kronberg, Occurrence of acidic
pharmaceuticals in raw and treated sewages and in receiving
waters, Water Res., 39 (2005) 2219–2228.
- L. Lishman, S.A. Smyth, K. Sarafin, S. Kleywegt, J. Toito, T. Pear,
B. Lee, M. Servos, M. Beland, P. Seto, Occurrence and reductions
of pharmaceuticals and personal care products and estrogens
by municipal wastewater treatment plants in Ontario, Canada,
Sci. Total Environ., 367 (2006) 544–558.
- K.C. Wijekoon, J.A. Mcdonald, S.J. Khan, F.I. Hai, W.E. Price,
Development of predictive framework to assess the removal
of trace organic chemicals by anaerobic membrane bioreactor,
Bioresour. Technol., 189 (2015) 391–398.
- Q. Sui, X. Cao, S. Lu, W. Zhao, Z. Qiu, G. Yu, Occurrence source
and fate of pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the
groundwater: a review, Emerg. Contam., 1 (2015) 14–24.
- R.L. Serna, A. Jurado, E.V. Sune, J. Carrera, M. Petrovic, D.
Barcelo, Occurrence of 95 pharmaceuticals and transformation
products in urban groundwaters underlying the metropolis of
Barcelona, Spain, Environ. Pollut., 174 (2013) 305–315.
- B. Morasch, Occurrence and dynamics of micropollutants in a
karst aquifer, Environ. Pollut., 173 (2013) 133–137
- Y. Cabeza, L. Candela, D. Ronen, G. Teijon, Monitoring the
occurrence of emerging contaminants in treated wastewater
and groundwater between 2008 and 2010. The baix Llobregat
(Barcelona, Spain), J. Hazard. Mater., 239–240 (2012) 32–39.
- L.A. Schaider, R.A. Rudel, J.M. Ackerman, S.C. Dunagan,
J.G. Brody, Pharmaceuticals, perfluorosurfactants, and other
organic wastewater compounds in public drinking water wells
in a shallow sand and gravel aquifer, Sci. Total Environ., 468–
469 (2014) 384–393.
- M. Petrovic, B. Skrbic, J. Zivancev, L.F. Climent, D. Barcelo,
Determination of 81 pharmaceuticals drug by high performance
liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry with
hybrid triple quadrupole-linear ion trap in different types of
water in Serbia, Sci. Total Environ., 468–469 (2014) 415–428
- P.M. Thomas, G.D. Foster, Tracking acidic pharmaceuticals,
caffeine, and triclosan through the wastewater treatment
process, Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 24 (2005) 25–30.
- T. Okuda, Y. Kobayashi, R. Nagao, N. Yamashita, H. Tanaka, S.
Tanaka, S. Fujii, C. Konishi, I. Houwa, Removal efficiency of 66
pharmaceuticals during wastewater treatment process in Japan,
Water Sci. Technol., 57 (2008) 65–71.
- M.H. Valsero, C.R. Contreras, G. Dominguez, E. Becares,
J.M. Bayona, Behavior of pharmaceuticals and personal care
products in constructed wetland compartment: influent,
effluent, pore water, substrate and plant root, Chemosphere,
145 (2016) 508–517.
- B. Blair, A. Nikolaus, C. Hedman, R. Klaper, T. Crundl,
Evaluating the degradation, sorption, and negative mass
balances of pharmaceuticals and personal care products during
wastewater treatment, Chemosphere, 134 (2015) 395–401.
- J. Wang, S. Wang, Removal of pharmaceuticals and personal
care products (PPCPs) from wastewater: a review, J. Environ.
Manage., 182 (2016) 620–640.
- J. Roberts, A. Kumar, J. Du, C. Hepplewhite, D.J. Ellis, A.G.
Christy, S.G. Beavis, Pharmaceuticals and personal care
products (PPCPs) in Australia’s largest inland sewage treatment
plant, and its contribution to a major Australian river during
high and low flow, Sci. Total Environ., 541 (2016) 1625–1637.
- N. Vieno, T. Tuhkanen, L. Krongerg, Removal of pharmaceuticals
in drinking water treatment: effect of chemical coagulation,
Environ. Technol., 27 (2006) 183–192.
- S.A. Snyder, P. Westerhoff, Y.M. Yoon, D.L. Sedlak,
Pharmaceuticals, personal care products, and endocrine
disruptors in water: implications for the water industry,
Environ. Eng. Sci., 20 (2004) 449–469.
- P. Westerhoff, Y.M. Yoon, S.A. Snyder, E. Wert, Fate of
endocrine-disruptor, pharmaceuticals, and personal care
product chemicals during simulated drinking water treatment
processes, Environ. Sci. Technol., 39 (2005) 6649–6663.
- P.E. Stackelberg, J. Gibs, E.T. Furlong, M.T. Meyer, S.D. Zaugg,
R.L. Lippincott, Efficiency of conventional drinking-water treatment
processes in removal of pharmaceuticals and other
organic compounds, Sci. Total Environ., 377 (2008) 255–272.
- N. Vieno, T. Tuhkanen, L. Krongerg, Elimination of
pharmaceuticals in sewage treatment plants in Finland, Water
Res., 41 (2007) 1001–1012.
- R. Renner, The Kow controversy, Environ. Sci. Technol., 36
- Y.S. Liu, G.G. Ying, A. Shareef, R. Kookana, Photolysis of
benzotriazole and formation of its polymerized photoproducts
in aqueous solutions under UV irradiation, Environ. Chem., 8
- S. Yan, W. Song, Photo-transformation of pharmaceutically
active compounds in the aqueous environment: a review,
Environ. Sci. Process. Impacts, 16 (2014) 697–720.
- B. Yao, L. Lian, W. Pang, D. Yin, S. Chan, W. Song, Determination
of illicit drugs in aqueous environmental samples by online
solid-phase extraction coupled to liquid chromatographytandem
mass spectrometry, Chemosphere, 160 (2016) 208–215.